****Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayden28

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A lot of people have already received interview invites to MWU-AZ so far but I didn't seen an official thread posted yet. Keep us updated on your progress and good luck everyone!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I interview on the 8th, hope to see some people there!

My interview is on Monday the 28th of September! Cant wait to meet some of you!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview!!!! October 15th :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 1 user
How long after you sent in your secondary application did you get an invite to interview?

Interview Oct 29th! I submitted my supplemental last thursday.

Interview on Nov 2nd!

Last edited:
Hey guys i am a reaplicant but first time applying here.I just took dat and my scores have improved from last time except for a couple of sections. Old DAT scores were bio/GC/orgo/RC/QR/PAT/AA/TS :18/21/18/17/18/18/18/19 and my new DAT scores are 20/21/23/17/17/22/20/21 i dont like my reading and qr score. I want to know what do you guys think. My gpa is 3.5 and i have close to 1800 shadowing and volunteering work. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
All of you who got interviews: how much time after your app was complete did you receive an invite?

Under which section: "interview scheduling"? What if they decide not to invite you? Will it show up there?

I received an email from them about a week after they received my app.

I have a question for those of you who sent their secondary application. They require 3 evaluations, is that in addition to letter of recommendation in ADEA website or no? Or should i just rewrite the information of 3 of my same evaluators from ADSSAS. I am confused.

Got an interview but the earliest date was Nov 23rd and the next one was Dec 1st!

got a waitlisted interview. at least it wasn't rejection !

Quick question...at this stage in the game..is it likely that if you got the waitlist for interview e-mail that you will actually end up getting an interview?

Rejection

Notification date: 8/26/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
GPA (science, overall): 3.01, 3.16
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/19/20/no

Interview #1!!!
Notification date: 8/26/2015
Interview date: 12/03/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 7
/31/2015
Application complete date: 8/10/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.52, 3.27
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 21
/21/20/23/no

So has anyone had successful booking of the shuttle that takes you to/from Midwestern Az from Drury Inn?

So has anyone had successful booking of the shuttle that takes you to/from Midwestern Az from Drury Inn?
I'm going to be doing that, but haven't booked it yet. I'll do it later today, and let you know

How long, after you all received notification that your applications were in, did it take for you to get invited to an interview?

Anyone from previous years that can comment on wait listed interview. Any chance of getting an interview and/or acceptance at this point?

Anyone from previous years that can comment on wait listed interview. Any chance of getting an interview and/or acceptance at this point?

It's tough to say. I was wait listed for interview last year and never heard back. Same thing this year. However people have already been rejected so it must mean something.

Reactions: 1 users
It's tough to say. I was wait listed for interview last year and never heard back. Same thing this year. However people have already been rejected so it must mean something.
Thanks for the input. Maybe they don't want to lose the interest of potential reapplicants by giving immediate rejects and can see some people as a good reapplicant if they improved DAT or GPA or extra curricular activities. I am sure they don't want to lose their interest because I know reapplicants have a greater chance because they can show intense improvement in just a year and that they came back and applied to them again.

But hey, what do I know? :shrug::p

I was wait listed for an interview 2 years ago and now I am a D2 here. Do not give up...it does mean something!! :)

I was wait listed for an interview 2 years ago and now I am a D2 here. Do not give up...it does mean something!! :)
That is wonderful! Congratulations! How do you like the school?

Hi guys! Just wondering what hotels/transportation you guys are planning on doing for this interview? Also do you think booking a flight for 4:16pm the same day as the interview is fine?

That is wonderful! Congratulations! How do you like the school?

Thanks! I love the school!! The price is obviously a concern, but we really get our money's worth here, and the price is pretty comparable to many other private schools. The teachers are so helpful and work on an open door policy so you can always go to them with questions and they are more than willing to help you until you understand it. I have never had an intimidating experience with a teacher because they all treat us like their colleagues.

The students here are also great! Everyone is always willing to help each other and mostly everyone studies together in groups or gives each other tips and advice on certain topics. I have never felt alone on anything because I always have fellow students to help me through things.

We start doing perio rotations over at the clinic fall of second year and it is so nice to get the first part of the boards out of the way after the first year.

If you come here you can be sure that you will get more than enough clinical experience to begin practicing right after graduation.

Let me know if you have any questions!!

Reactions: 7 users
how many applicants does MWU AZ interview?

Waitlist for an interview. Oh my heart can't take it.

How long after you received the waitlist for interview email did you get invited to the official interview??
Thanks

Waitlisted for Interview ):

Notification date: 9/03/2015
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29/2015
Application complete date: 9/01/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.63, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/20/no

interview

Notification date: 9/03/2015
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/14/2015
Application complete date: 9/02/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.92, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/21/no

Post dec interview

How long after you received the waitlist for interview email did you get invited to the official interview??
Thanks

I believe I got my interview invite in January and it was by phone call. Usually with the wait listed for interview letter they will hold your app until post Dec 1st and then call you to see if you are interested for an interview to some of those from the wait listed for interview list.

My interview date was in February and I got the acceptance call about 3 weeks after that.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi guys! Just wondering what hotels/transportation you guys are planning on doing for this interview? Also do you think booking a flight for 4:16pm the same day as the interview is fine?

Hi all, I am a first year medical student at Midwestern. I have an extra room in my apartment that my boyfriend and I rent out, and we have a special rate ($60/night) for anybody who is interviewing at Midwestern. It is located 3 miles from campus with free parking and close to lots of restaurants. Email me at [email protected] with your interview date if you are interested and would like more details!

Status
Not open for further replies.