You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***
Started by kayden28
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Good luck to everyone interviewing here. I am starting week 3 at the school and it's been amazing thus far. TONS of work thus far in basic sciences, but that's so we can cram it all in the first year and take the NDBE part I our first summer. This leaves more time for sim lab practice in year 2 and in the patient clinic years 3 and 4. PM me if you have any questions.
Who is interviewing here on 9/22 ?!?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else there on Tuesday? I'll hope to see some people!
I will be there. Looking forward!
I will be there. Looking forward!
Anyone else there on Tuesday? I'll hope to see some people!
me too.........staying in a motel now.......ready for tmr?
me too.........staying in a motel now.......ready for tmr?
If this Jack in the Box doesn't give me the Rhea then yes, but YOLO #worththetacos
Got my interview Thursday. For those of you that had your interview, how many people were there with you?
Got my interview Thursday. For those of you that had your interview, how many people were there with you?
12
Which is small enough everyone would know who I am so I am refraining from saying much more haha
It was an AWESOME experience though. You'll all have a great one.
Wait listed for Interview
Notification date: 9-5-15
Method of notification: email
Residency: AZ
GPA (science, overall): 3.12, 3.25
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/20/20/no
Notification date: 9-5-15
Method of notification: email
Residency: AZ
GPA (science, overall): 3.12, 3.25
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/20/20/no
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody know what time the interview ends? Trying to book a flight for an interview on 9/21
Was supposed to end at 2:30 but ended up being more like 3 or 3:30 by the time I left
Was supposed to end at 2:30 but ended up being more like 3 or 3:30 by the time I left
The sim lab and clinic were awesome. The interview was a bit of a surprise though.
In what ways was the interview a surprise?The sim lab and clinic were awesome. The interview was a bit of a surprise though.
In what ways was the interview a surprise?
We were told the interview format has changed this year. Just be urself and be prepared and I think u will be fine.
Thanks for the heads-upWe were told the interview format has changed this year. Just be urself and be prepared and I think u will be fine.
Wow I'm kinda nervous now
Wow I'm kinda nervous now
Don't be! Now u know!
Finally! First Interview. I received an invite (via the Midwestern portal) today (9/17) and there were plenty of time slots available. I am just wondering why some of you have said that interview slots were booked until December or later. When I signed up for my time slot on 10/5 I had the option to sign up for multiple time slots in September, October, November, and December. I'm excited/nervous! For those who have interviewed already, was the interview pretty laid back?
Finally! First Interview. I received an invite (via the Midwestern portal) today (9/17) and there were plenty of time slots available. I am just wondering why some of you have said that interview slots were booked until December or later. When I signed up for my time slot on 10/5 I had the option to sign up for multiple time slots in September, October, November, and December. I'm excited/nervous! For those who have interviewed already, was the interview pretty laid back?
I was wondering the same thing? There were so many available dates! I just got invited here too! Second Invite!
I never understand interview dates.
Roseman gave me two options both at 8am and many others got same dates but at 12 in afternoon.
UoP told me only two days were available and then yesterday someone got a totally different day.
These schools just have some sort of scheduling thing we are in the dark anlut
Roseman gave me two options both at 8am and many others got same dates but at 12 in afternoon.
UoP told me only two days were available and then yesterday someone got a totally different day.
These schools just have some sort of scheduling thing we are in the dark anlut
Congrats on that!I was wondering the same thing? There were so many available dates! I just got invited here too! Second Invite!
Congrats to you too! You will have to tell me about the interview. Mine is 10/13!Congrats on that!
Notification date: 9/19/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/21/2015
Application complete date: 9/16/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 27/25/24/30/nein
some pre-dec interview spots open now for anyone who wishes to reschedule
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/21/2015
Application complete date: 9/16/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 27/25/24/30/nein
some pre-dec interview spots open now for anyone who wishes to reschedule
I'm having my first interview at MWN next monday! This is the only interview I have so far. Could anyone please give me some tips for the interview day? I'm super nervous and afraid I would not get into any school this cycle ! ;(((
Notification date: 9/19/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/21/2015
Application complete date: 9/16/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 27/25/24/30/nein
some pre-dec interview spots open now for anyone who wishes to reschedule
So 30's do exist...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Only On SDN do 30s exist.So 30's do exist...
I'm a D2 here this year and I know everyone has a few questions on what is going to happen on interview day so I hope this post will help you all some.
P.S. I love everything about this school and should any of you be lucky enough to be offered an acceptance I hope you take it! 🙂
- All interviews start at 8AM, regardless of what day you pick.
- In general, you'll be split into two groups A + B, one group will interview while other gets a tour of the main campus.
- Interviews are slotted to be approximately 30 minutes long but it's possible you may go over or under the time limit. Whether your interview goes on for 40 minutes long or 20 minutes long does not necessarily dictate whether or not you get in.
- You'll be interviewed by 2 faculty members and 1 D2 student.
- Questions vary from day to day but I believe everyone that interviews that day gets the same questions.
- No essays or strange activities as far as I know. Just question and answer type interview.
P.S. I love everything about this school and should any of you be lucky enough to be offered an acceptance I hope you take it! 🙂
I'm a D2 here this year and I know everyone has a few questions on what is going to happen on interview day so I hope this post will help you all some.
Hope that helps! The interview is supposed to be really relaxed and more of a conversation, so don't be scared! Please feel free to message me with any questions you may have regarding the interviewing PROCESS or the school itself. I don't know the what questions they ask during the interview at all so no messages about that please. Good luck to all of you!
- All interviews start at 8AM, regardless of what day you pick.
- In general, you'll be split into two groups A + B, one group will interview while other gets a tour of the main campus.
- Interviews are slotted to be approximately 30 minutes long but it's possible you may go over or under the time limit. Whether your interview goes on for 40 minutes long or 20 minutes long does not necessarily dictate whether or not you get in.
- You'll be interviewed by 2 faculty members and 1 D2 student.
- Questions vary from day to day but I believe everyone that interviews that day gets the same questions.
- No essays or strange activities as far as I know. Just question and answer type interview.
P.S. I love everything about this school and should any of you be lucky enough to be offered an acceptance I hope you take it! 🙂
Can you PM me please? I'm a future applicant and I have a few questions about this school. I'd really appreciate your feedback!
I heard rumors that there's a new format for interviewing this year. Can you verify??Can you PM me please? I'm a future applicant and I have a few questions about this school. I'd really appreciate your feedback!
I heard rumors that there's a new format for interviewing this year. Can you verify??
That's true. There's an actual admissions committee now and things changed a bit (for the better, I believe). But, as mentioned, it's still a relaxed day. No grilling or weird stuff.
Congrats to everyone. I actually wanted to ask if anyone has schedule a date for dec 7th? I had booked my flight but that date is now gone. Im hoping theres a way i can get that date🙁
I am cancelling my interview date on Oct 29, hope you get it!
Aww Thanks MolarBear11, the problem is my flight is booked for the Dec7 interview 🙁 Its just going to cost alot more to change my flight now 🙁 And I'm already tight on my finances as it is 🙁 But good luck to you with your apps.I am cancelling my interview date on Oct 29, hope you get it!
Ahh I'm sorry. I saw there was Dec 8 open though, so if anything, you can "miss" your flight back. Idk what airlines you're using but some will connect you with another one without paying a fee.
Hmm Sounds risky but I never thought of that. I wonder what would happen if I did that, I just don't want to pay even more. Its $200 just to make a change for 1 day 🙁Ahh I'm sorry. I saw there was Dec 8 open though, so if anything, you can "miss" your flight back. Idk what airlines you're using but some will connect you with another one without paying a fee.
Hmm Sounds risky but I never thought of that. I wonder what would happen if I did that, I just don't want to pay even more. Its $200 just to make a change for 1 day 🙁
Last minute one way tickets right now on delta or United (I forget which one) are $160. That'd be cheaper than the $200 fee to change
I'm going to be doing that, but haven't booked it yet. I'll do it later today, and let you know
How did you guys reserve the shuttle to/from MWU from drury hotel?
How did you guys reserve the shuttle to/from MWU from drury hotel?
It comes with the hotel, once you check in, let them know you need a shuttle, they'll leave at 7am. Breakfast begins at 6am! There will be plenty of other interviewees you'll meet at the hotel who you'll share the van with
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I want to reschedule my interview, do I just call the office?
Logon to http://online.midwestern.edu and click "Interview Scheduling" in the sidebar. You should be able to reschedule there. Hopefully they still have pre-December dates. Good luck!
Logon to http://online.midwestern.edu and click "Interview Scheduling" in the sidebar. You should be able to reschedule there. Hopefully they still have pre-December dates. Good luck!
Do you cancel your current interview and you have the option to reschedule?
Oh okay, thanks buddy. So if anything, I would just cancel and more dates will appear? It may be different if it's on a mobile device huh? I should probably use a computer hahaDon't cancel yours yet. I check and the only available day is Feb 2 for now. Some people may cancel their appointments later and the earlier days will show up, but I doubt it.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 54
- Views
- 24K
- Replies
- 62
- Views
- 28K
- Replies
- 152
- Views
- 53K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K