***Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone planning on dropping for class of 2021??? slowly dying here....

Members don't see this ad.

Hi MWU-AZ Class of 2021,

I am a prospective student applying this cycle. I recently was offered an interview on 10/2 and I was wondering if it would be possible to stay with any of you in Glendale when I visit. I find that staying with a current student is a great way to really get to know the program. I'm very easy going and a couch, air matress, or floor is fine with me. I'm happy to take you out for dinner as a small token of appreciation.

If this works for you, then feel free to reply or dm me. Thanks!

If you haven't found anyone, let me know. D4; I live down the street from campus.

Hi guys, I was accepted and looking forward to attending MWU AZ this fall and wanted to get some input from current students.
The school just seems so perfect that I'm a little concern/wonder if there's anything that you guys don't like or wish could change?
Do you get enough support with faculties? Community feel? What do you like/really dislike about it?
Anything would be really helpful guys!
I'm having a hard time deciding to choose MWU over my state school due to cost but I really love MWU when I interviewed.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, I was accepted and looking forward to attending MWU AZ this fall and wanted to get some input from current students.
The school just seems so perfect that I'm a little concern/wonder if there's anything that you guys don't like or wish could change?
Do you get enough support with faculties? Community feel? What do you like/really dislike about it?
I'm having a hard time deciding to choose MWU over my state school due to cost but I really love MWU when I interviewed.
Congratulations on getting accepted!! I know the school sounds too good to be true, but it really is that incredible. The price of attending here is insane but unless you are going to a state school, the cost is essentially the same if you factor in cost of living and all that fun stuff. The reason I chose to go here is because the faculty actually cares about you and wants you to succeed. None of the professors are tenured, so if they suck at teaching, they're gone. They are also dentists who succeeded in private practice and sincerely want to help future dentists succeed as well, and they aren't just teaching because they failed running a practice or needed a job. The community at the school is extremely welcoming. Even with there being 141 of us in our class, we all get along and know each other. I honestly cannot think of anything that I don't like about the school, sometimes the material is ridiculously hard and instead of studying, you find any other means necessary not to do it, like I am doing right now haha but in all seriousness, you will not regret your decision in choosing to go here, no other school in the country will prepare you as well as they do here. I hope this helps, I hope to see you next year!

Reactions: 1 users

Current D1 at MWU-AZ. The only drawback to MWU is price, which you have already figured out. Everything that they told you on interview day might sound too good to be true, but this school is just that good.

Current D1 here...I actually had this conversion with one of the incoming D1s a couple of days ago. I kept getting asked the same question "Can you seriously not say anything negative about the school" and the answer is always the same, other than the price I serious have nothing negative to say. I actually chose this school over my state school, because cost of living in my state was so high that it wouldn't justify the cheaper tuition. I can see why people are being skeptic, because we (current students) are looking like one big happy family and it may look like we're putting out a show, but in all honestly we are happy! Everyone (faculties and students) are so nice here which is an added bonus to the quality education we are getting... so I am gonna have to agree with @dr.razlo23 and @PhiKappaGuy, our school is just that good ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly I can't say it any better than @ROYALWISH , @PhiKappaGuy , @dr.razlo23 said it. It's really no joke or sales pitch, Midwestern is awesome. I will say that in my opinion it has a lot to do with the culture established by the leadership at the school.

Reactions: 2 users
Current D1 here...I actually had this conversion with one of the incoming D1s a couple of days ago. I kept getting asked the same question "Can you seriously not say anything negative about the school" and the answer is always the same, other than the price I serious have nothing negative to say. I actually chose this school over my state school, because cost of living in my state was so high that it wouldn't justify the cheaper tuition. I can see why people are being skeptic, because we (current students) are looking like one big happy family and it may look like we're putting out a show, but in all honestly we are happy! Everyone (faculties and students) are so nice here which is an added bonus to the quality education we are getting... so I am gonna have to agree with @dr.razlo23 and @PhiKappaGuy, our school is just that good ;)

I was in the same boat as @ROYALWISH . My state school had much cheaper tuition, but they didn't factor in anything other than tuition. So on paper, it looks like I would have only paid about $230K at my state school. After factoring in cost of supplies, cost of living, lab fees, etc. It would have cost me $480K at my state school and it is definitely an inferior program compared to MWU. MWU is comparable to a lot of schools because other schools only present tuition, whereas MWU gives you everything in a single number. Lastly, think about the weather, if you are in a "cold" state, can you imagine hiking through snow to go to clinic for your last two years? You don't have to shovel sunshine..

I was in the same boat as @ROYALWISH . My state school had much cheaper tuition, but they didn't factor in anything other than tuition. So on paper, it looks like I would have only paid about $230K at my state school. After factoring in cost of supplies, cost of living, lab fees, etc. It would have cost me $480K at my state school and it is definitely an inferior program compared to MWU. MWU is comparable to a lot of schools because other schools only present tuition, whereas MWU gives you everything in a single number. Lastly, think about the weather, if you are in a "cold" state, can you imagine hiking through snow to go to clinic for your last two years? You don't have to shovel sunshine..
You're really tugging at my heart-string here with the weather talk. Yes, my state school requires shoveling a lot of snow. What is your state school if you don't mind asking? And thank you for your input - surely appreciates it and hope to meet some of you guys this fall!

Thanks for your input! Mind if I ask which state school did you choose MWU over? And do you believe that the education you're getting at MWU is worth 100K over other schools in your opinion?

You're really tugging at my heart-string here with the weather talk. Yes, my state school requires shoveling a lot of snow. What is your state school if you don't mind asking? And thank you for your input - surely appreciates it and hope to meet some of you guys this fall!

Temple

How did you manage to get that $480K number being in-state? Even after room and board + approx. personal living expense, I still couldn't come close to that according to their site unless I'm missing something that I shouldn't have?

How did you manage to get that $480K number being in-state? Even after room and board + approx. personal living expense, I still couldn't come close to that according to their site unless I'm missing something that I shouldn't have?

The Most Ridiculously Expensive Dental Schools Thread

This has the estimated costs. I forgot the estimates and exaggerated a bit (sorry about that). Even still, I think the clinical experience at MWU compared to Temple is worth the approximately $80K. And as I said before, you can't beat the weather. Imagine having to go to class and when you wake up there's 8 inches of snow that wasn't on the ground when you went to bed. I know that I dealt with that enough when I was in undergrad. And honestly, it was 75 and sunny today and I was able to go enjoy some drinks and watch some spring training, while a noreaster wrecked the trip-state area yesterday.

The Most Ridiculously Expensive Dental Schools Thread

This has the estimated costs. I forgot the estimates and exaggerated a bit (sorry about that). Even still, I think the clinical experience at MWU compared to Temple is worth the approximately $80K. And as I said before, you can't beat the weather. Imagine having to go to class and when you wake up there's 8 inches of snow that wasn't on the ground when you went to bed. I know that I dealt with that enough when I was in undergrad. And honestly, it was 75 and sunny today and I was able to go enjoy some drinks and watch some spring training, while a noreaster wrecked the trip-state area yesterday.
Haha I actually made the opposite decision. I applied last June and finally chose Temple over mwu-az. Because of the significant tuition and lab fee increase, the price difference is gonna be around 100k for me. Yes mwuaz is superior in clinical training and they have many fancy facilities. But I’d rather save this money to buy an apt and rent it out. Just my two cents.

Go to your state school and save money to invest in the future.

You get what you pay for at Midwestern, but do what you think is best! Just know at Midwestern, you won't ever have to go knocking door-to-door to find patients because there is a waitlist to even get into the clinic here, just saying.. Dental school is expensive no matter where you go but I feel a little better about it knowing I'm receiving the best clinical education at MWU vs my state school. Best of luck with your decision!

Do you get less chair time here because of how D3s and D4s need to assist each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.