***Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still nothing and interviewed pre Dec. Anyone else still waiting to hear something?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Me!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still nothing and interviewed pre Dec. Anyone else still waiting to hear something?

Still waiting as well. From what I understood it's an unofficial waiting list until all people who got accepted dec 1st will have to put down the deposit.....

I received an invite for early Jan earlier this week. Does anyone know if the interview is like last cycles? I was put on alternate list last cycle after interview and it ultimately ended in a rejection when classes began.

Read the SDN interview feedback and you'll be set.

Do you guys remember/know all the new technology they use at MWU?? (Like CAD/CAM and etc?) And which licenses they said students would get before graduation? (Like invisalign?) There was so much great information during the tour, but I've already forgotten half of it..

Also, i cannot remember what they said about the application status. How many applied, got an interview etc...

I was accepted to MWU-AZ but I have turned it down for another school. I hope that helps out a waitlister! Best of luck future dentists!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been notified if they were put on the alternate list yet?

Has anyone been notified if they were put on the alternate list yet?
Not officially, but if you interviewed before dec and call them they will tell you that you are on the unofficial w/l

Do you guys remember/know all the new technology they use at MWU?? (Like CAD/CAM and etc?) And which licenses they said students would get before graduation? (Like invisalign?) There was so much great information during the tour, but I've already forgotten half of it..

I believe it was 30 CAD/CAM machines and they are thinking about buying more because all 30 are consistently in use. And invisalign and laser certification I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will be declining my offer. Best of luck to those attending!

Hey peeps, anyone interviewing 1/3? Would be cool to make some plans to meet my cohorts.

Forrest

It's 2 Faculty and a D2. Just be yourself and pay attention to all of the stuff they talk about in the presentations and during the tour of the clinic.

It's a very long day alone and the interview is at the end, so just prepare yourself for that too.

Best of luck! I loved the school and the people I met!

I have my interview scheduled soon and I was wondering if you could tell me more about the interview process. I understand that the interview is with two faculty members and a current student, but is it a panel interview with you and all three interviewers at once or would you have three separate one-on-on interviews with them.

I have my interview scheduled soon and I was wondering if you could tell me more about the interview process. I understand that the interview is with two faculty members and a current student, but is it a panel interview with you and all three interviewers at once or would you have three separate one-on-on interviews with them.
One interview with all three people in there at the same time. They type up your answers on a tablet as you speak, so be prepared for that and don't let it distract you.

I just declined my interview offer. I hope it goes to a well-deserving applicant!! Good luck everybody!

I had initially applied here (and Illinois) but did not do the supplemental for either.

Is there any point to still do it? Average stats

No clue.. not sure if it's too late tbh..

FYI - I declined my interview offer. I hope someone can get it!

Reactions: 1 users
Acceptance #4. I was a pre-Dec and they never contacted me on Dec 1. Just got my acceptance email today.

Reactions: 3 users
Acceptance #4. I was a pre-Dec and they never contacted me on Dec 1. Just got my acceptance email today.
Congratulations! That lets me and others know we may hear something soon.

Accepted January 5th!

22 AA, 22 TS, 21 PAT, 3.72 oGPA, 3.60 sGPA

Accepted January 9th the same day of my interview!!!! See you guys in the fall

Reactions: 4 users
I was accepted January 5th as well. Almost positive I will be attending this school! :)

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed January 9th as well and haven't heard anything. Bad sign =[

I interviewed January 9th as well and haven't heard anything. Bad sign =[
I interviewed pre-Dec and haven't heard anything. Unless you hear that you're rejected, you're still in the running. Hang in there, you only interviewed 2 days ago.

I interviewed Jan 9th, and was told at the end of my interview that I would be accepted. Finally got the phone call and email today to make it official (although AADSAS still isn't up to date).

I've already accepted at another school, but I'm strongly leaning towards making the switch here.

The biggest selling point is the amount of clinical exposure. Of course they will tout whatever favorable numbers they can to highlight the school's strengths, but is it really that drastically different than other schools? They were citing "average number of crowns" for example and that they were 3X the average.

At another school, I was told stories of students failing to complete the required number of procedures and needing to stay the summer beyond graduation to complete the requirements. So I kind of feel like there's truth to what MWU is saying. EDIT: Example of "another" school here: https://forums.studentdoctor.net/th...ntistry-clinical-competency-problems.1236967/

Last edited:

Last edited:
Received rejection letter today. Bummer. Good luck to everyone!

Yeah, not sure why at the moment, but they offered feedback if I ask for it. I'm guessing I could have done better during the interview. It was my first interview and I was quite nervous.

Yeah, not sure why at the moment, but they offered feedback if I ask for it. I'm guessing I could have done better during the interview. It was my first interview and I was quite nervous.

I'm sorry to hear that! Did they send you a physical letter or email?

I'm sorry man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.