***Official MOSDOH Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance

I am not sure of the exact number but I do know it is over 2,000. It is still a new school so I am sure once they graduate their first class and become fully accredited more students will apply.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an interview invite this morning by email! Supper excited! It's on November 19th!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite this morning by email! Supper excited! It's on November 19th!
Good luck! The school is really nice and the people are amazing. You will love the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
That's amazing, congratulations!! I just got an email saying my primary application was received. I submitted my secondary about 2 weeks ago. MOSDOH seems like a wonderful school and they are so helpful and friendly when you call!

That's amazing, congratulations!! I just got an email saying my primary application was received. I submitted my secondary about 2 weeks ago. MOSDOH seems like a wonderful school and they are so helpful and friendly when you call!
Yes it does! I interviewed at ASDOH (a sister school to MOSDOH) and really love the way the school runs things. I cant wait to see is they run things the same or not. I also like the idea of living in rural Missouri!

Congrats!! that is very exciting! may i ask when you sent in your secondary app and when was your application complete?

Congrats!! that is very exciting! may i ask when you sent in your secondary app and when was your application complete?
I sent in the secondary mid-August and it was completed towards the end of August. I got the invitation to interview about a week ago.

Just got the complete application e-mail! Should have applied earlier but excited to finally be in the review process!

Is it good if you get the "excited about your chances of procuring an interview" e-mail ir is it more of a generic email they send?

Hi everyone! I just got invited for an interview for Nov. 19th! How did you go to Kirksville? What airport is best to fly into? and did you rent a car? I am very excited! I have a bunch of relatives that live in Missouri so I am trying to figure out the best route to Kirksville and visiting them but any input you have would be greatly appreciated! :)

Also, as far as the interview: is it closed or open file? Very formal?

Hi everyone! I just got invited for an interview for Nov. 19th! How did you go to Kirksville? What airport is best to fly into? and did you rent a car? I am very excited! I have a bunch of relatives that live in Missouri so I am trying to figure out the best route to Kirksville and visiting them but any input you have would be greatly appreciated! :)

Also, as far as the interview: is it closed or open file? Very formal?
You have 3 options for airports. You can fly into Columbia, MO which is about an 1.5 hours south of Kirksville; however Columbia tickets are usually pretty expensive since it is a regional airport. The best option, in my opinion, would be to look at both St.Louis and Kansas City and decide which one has the best prices. Both of these cities are about 2-2.5 hours from Kirksville but are international airports with more flight options. It would be wise to get a rental car because the taxi fare for the distance you would have to go would cost you a fortune. These are the only 3 airports that would put you relatively close to Kirksville. Depending on where your relatives live will help you decide too. St.Louis is on the Far East side of the state, Kansas City on the far west, and Columbia is smack dab in the middle.

As far as the interview goes, it is an open application interview. When I interviewed there they had 2 interviewers who asked multiple questions from my application. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and I really enjoyed the interview and the school. Hope this helped

You have 3 options for airports. You can fly into Columbia, MO which is about an 1.5 hours south of Kirksville; however Columbia tickets are usually pretty expensive since it is a regional airport. The best option, in my opinion, would be to look at both St.Louis and Kansas City and decide which one has the best prices. Both of these cities are about 2-2.5 hours from Kirksville but are international airports with more flight options. It would be wise to get a rental car because the taxi fare for the distance you would have to go would cost you a fortune. These are the only 3 airports that would put you relatively close to Kirksville. Depending on where your relatives live will help you decide too. St.Louis is on the Far East side of the state, Kansas City on the far west, and Columbia is smack dab in the middle.

As far as the interview goes, it is an open application interview. When I interviewed there they had 2 interviewers who asked multiple questions from my application. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and I really enjoyed the interview and the school. Hope this helped
Thanks so much for the helpful info on the interview and the flights :) Most of my family lives in Southern Missouri far from Kansas City and St. Louis but I do have a cousin in Columbia so I may pay the extra price and borrow her car. Thank you for getting back to me!

Members don't see this ad :)
based on past years turn out, does anyone know if receiving an interview from ASDOH makes it likely that you would also receive one from MOSDOH?
An interview at one does not guarantee an interview at the other. Although the schools are similar, they may be looking at different things in their students. Several people in my class got interviews to MOSDOH and heard nothing from ASDOH

Any recommendations on hotels? I'm planning to go to st. louis and taking the capeair flights over to kirksville. So a shuttle from the kirksville airport to the hotel would be awesome.

Any recommendations on hotels? I'm planning to go to st. louis and taking the capeair flights over to kirksville. So a shuttle from the kirksville airport to the hotel would be awesome.

I have the same exact question. Anyone?

Sorry, I do not have hotel recommendations. The choices will be limited though because Kirksville is a small town so I would just try to find one close to Truman University or MOSDOH

I stayed at Days Inn and it was pretty good. The hotel manager will pick you up at the airport and drop you off at the school if you call him 24 hours in advance and set it up. He was really nice and the hotel has a solid continental breakfast with a waffle bar!

Reactions: 2 users
I stayed at Days Inn and it was pretty good. The hotel manager will pick you up at the airport and drop you off at the school if you call him 24 hours in advance and set it up. He was really nice and the hotel has a solid continental breakfast with a waffle bar!

You're a beast. Thanks for that info @atizzy11.

Accepted, phone call from one of the interviewers at 8:10 AM MDT. Best of luck, everyone!

Accepted, phone call from one of the interviewers at 8:10 AM MDT. Best of luck, everyone!
Congrats to you! When did you interview if you don't mind me asking?

Accepted! Received phone call from one of my interviewers at 8:35am mountain time.

Accepted! Got a call at 10:00 Central time! Interviewed October 15th in the morning.

I assume they are finished making calls
MOSDOH will accept people until their class is full. For them, I don't think it's uncommon to be accepted even as late as February. If you didn't get a call yet, keep your head up, and keep strengthening your application!

MOSDOH will accept people until their class is full. For them, I don't think it's uncommon to be accepted even as late as February. If you didn't get a call yet, keep your head up, and keep strengthening your application!
So if we interviewed early and did not receive a call yesturday, we could still get accepted through February?

So if we interviewed early and did not receive a call yesturday, we could still get accepted through February?
I believe that is correct. I can't say with 100% certainty that this is the case, as I am not a admissions counselor. However, I was told that since they are a private school, they may do things differently, and that they don't always call everyone they are considering the first day.

Congratulations to those who got accepted. My interview is next week. May I ask how the interview was? The schedule says we will have a "group Exercise". what does it mean? is it like a group interview? Thanks!

You are given a task to accomplish as a group. Don't worry, it's pretty laid back. Everyone was way nice.

T

Thank you!
Sorry it's not much to go on, but it really is THAT simple. I think they just want to see who you are and how you interact with others

Hello, Congratulation! Can I ask how the interview was, like what kind of questions and such? Thanks!
It is an open file interview so anything you put on your application, PS, and supplemental are fair game. Good luck!

It is an open file interview so anything you put on your application, PS, and supplemental are fair game. Good luck!
Thank you for the info! I'm afraid of the group exercise!

Thank you for the info! I'm afraid of the group exercise!
I thought it was a fun activity. Don't over think it. I think they just want to see how you interact with people.

Just got my call today! Look forward to meeting you all :claps:

I interviewed 10/15 and did not receive a call Dec. 1st. Does anybody know if they continue to make calls in December or would the earliest possibility by Jan1st? I am going nuts because I really want to attend MOSDOH.

I interviewed 10/15 and did not receive a call Dec. 1st. Does anybody know if they continue to make calls in December or would the earliest possibility by Jan1st? I am going nuts because I really want to attend MOSDOH.
I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that the deposit isn't due until January 4th. Maybe it might be best if you call the school to see what decision they have made regarding your application. It might be better than the agonizing wait. Just a suggestion! Good luck!

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that the deposit isn't due until January 4th. Maybe it might be best if you call the school to see what decision they have made regarding your application. It might be better than the agonizing wait. Just a suggestion! Good luck!
I called and talked to Theresa and she said no status has been made on my application. I assume that means I am waitlisted. Thanks for your response

I interviewed yesterday and just got my call .so excited :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed yesterday and just got my call .so excited :soexcited:
Gratz, I accidentally walked into you guys interview yesterday trying to deliver some candy-grams to the admission office lol.