***Official MOSDOH Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance

Members don't see this ad.

Declined my acceptance last week. Hopefully it goes to one of you waiting!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone get that email they sent out yesterday in regard to availability?

not me. what did they say?
by the way did u receive an interview ?

Did everyone get that email they sent out yesterday in regard to availability?
No. I interviewed and did not receive anything. What did it say?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invites?

Does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invites?
I could be wrong, but as of now I don't believe they are planing anymore interview days. I think they have a day set in March but will probably only use it if they still have seats left after the March 5th deposits are due

Does anyone know if MOSDOH prepares students for WREB exam? As far as I remember, they didn't talk about that.

Does anyone know if MOSDOH prepares students for WREB exam? As far as I remember, they didn't talk about that.
Yes. They spend a lot of time helping students prepare for the exam, as well as, incorporating the material throughout the yearlong coursework. MOSDOH takes part 1 boards after their first year, and to date they have a 100% boards pass rate. That is pretty impressive if you ask me.

Yes. They spend a lot of time helping students prepare for the exam, as well as, incorporating the material throughout the yearlong coursework. MOSDOH takes part 1 boards after their first year, and to date they have a 100% boards pass rate. That is pretty impressive if you ask me.

Thank you. But WREB is a licensure exam that you will be able to practice in 30 states.It is different from Board exam. MOSDOH is not a hosting site for WREB.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there's a facebook group or forum for the class of 2020? There seems to be some kind of facebook thing setup, but it looks like there's students there from other years. :shrug:

I asked about this during my interview and since they don't have a 4th year class yet, the honest answer is they said they aren't sure yet how it will go. One of the faculty assure me that they would make sure their students are ready by the time the WREB comes though.

I accepted my offer seat at MOSDOH and paid my 1000 but if i get accepted into m first choice, i will drop mosdoh. how exactly do i go about doing that? would i email them and tell them im dropping from their class or what?

I accepted my offer seat at MOSDOH and paid my 1000 but if i get accepted into m first choice, i will drop mosdoh. how exactly do i go about doing that? would i email them and tell them im dropping from their class or what?

Pretty much. Just contact the admissions staff and tell them you're rescinding your acceptance.

Just recieved an interview offer. Are there any seats available?

same here got an interview invite for april 14th which is very late. I pretty sure I'm interviewing for a waitlist spot. Does anyone know roughly how many people are on the waitlist?

same here got an interview invite for april 14th which is very late. I pretty sure I'm interviewing for a waitlist spot. Does anyone know roughly how many people are on the waitlist?

They dont have a waitlist. They just keep you in status limbo forever.

Will you be
attending?

What's the best way to fly into the school area? I'm coming from the west coast. I heard there is some regional airport? Should I rent a car at the regional airport?

They dont have a waitlist. They just keep you in status limbo forever.
no waitlist? So I'm assuming that the class is already full if they keep students undecided?

no waitlist? So I'm assuming that the class is already full if they keep students undecided?

Nope, class isn't full. They just don't give you any feedback whatsoever.

They do. My friend got a mail of being put on alternate list.

Plenty of people in this thread haven't heard anything back since they've interviewed so I would consider your friend in the minority.

Plenty of people in this thread haven't heard anything back since they've interviewed so I would consider your friend in the minority.
I know, right. Seems like she is the only on here that was put on the alternate list on Dec 3. She was interviewed on Nov 5 btw.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 75
Does anyone know if there's a facebook group or forum for the class of 2020? There seems to be some kind of facebook thing setup, but it looks like there's students there from other years. :shrug:
I have the same question as VironT7, has a facebook group for MOSDOH 2020 been started yet?

I have the same question as VironT7, has a facebook group for MOSDOH 2020 been started yet?

Interesting that this hasn't been setup yet. You can add me on snapchat if you want though! Just PM me and we can be friends lol.
I currently don't have Facebook or Instagram and would only be re-making one or the other to join the group until we start class. Honestly Facebook is annoying to me but I'd be down to make another Instagram account.... or just start adding people on snapchat. Would be nice to get to know some of you before we start!

They do. My friend got a mail of being put on alternate list.
Is there a difference between alternate list and wait list?
I did talked to admissions few weeks ago about my interest and she said she will put me in their waiting list. I don't know if their alternate list and wait list are the same thing or different.

A facebook group has started, but only a few people have left a message. Second year students left some information about apartments and rentals. It seems like the KCOM facebook page has a lot more activity.

Yes, they send out an email a few weeks after the conditional acceptance with links to the Facebook groups! Unfortunately, it seems that there are several students from different classes in the group. If anybody is interested in making a new facebook/social media group for just our 2020 class let me know. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

i have an interview mid April and was wondering how I should fly into the school? I'm coming from west coast and I heard I need to take the regional plane. Would Priceline be the best way to buy the tickets? Or just buy southwest and regional airplane ticket separately?

do i really need to drive aproximately 2 hrs and 30 mins to get there....i mean there are 3 airports, and they all average around 2 hours and 30 mins...-_-

Or take the regional airport but you gotta time your flight into the state with the flight into kirksville. Thinking about changing my interview time to the morning one since there are more options to fly out after the interview
do i really need to drive aproximately 2 hrs and 30 mins to get there....i mean there are 3 airports, and they all average around 2 hours and 30 mins...-_-

Yea like someone else said you can take a flight to their local airport via Cape Air. I flew into St. Louis and took a $50 flight from St. Louis airport to Kirksville.

Yea like someone else said you can take a flight to their local airport via Cape Air. I flew into St. Louis and took a $50 flight from St. Louis airport to Kirksville.
How about from kirksville airport to school?

How about from kirksville airport to school?
15 min ride for $15. Intown cabs are a little overpriced.

If you stay at Days Inn they'll drive you to and from the school for free but unfortunately they don't offer rides to and from the airport.

I rented a car from KC and drove. It's a pretty nice drive... gives you time to think through your upcoming interview and get semi-used to the new environment. lol
I heard others mention that the local airport flight was a fun experience, but it was also noisy and annoying after a little while. I rented a car and stayed at a small airb&b house for rent overnight. Staying in the house overnight gave me a chance to get a good nights rest, a good cup of coffee from the shop in the downtown area 2 minutes away, and then head into my interview refreshed. It's all up to you, but I don't regret driving. Then again, I don't mind long drives...

Plan based on what's most comfortable for you. All I know is I felt really good the morning of. :)

Reactions: 1 users
I rented a car from KC and drove. It's a pretty nice drive... gives you time to think through your upcoming interview and get semi-used to the new environment. lol
I heard others mention that the local airport flight was a fun experience, but it was also noisy and annoying after a little while. I rented a car and stayed at a small airb&b house for rent overnight. Staying in the house overnight gave me a chance to get a good nights rest, a good cup of coffee from the shop in the downtown area 2 minutes away, and then head into my interview refreshed. It's all up to you, but I don't regret driving. Then again, I don't mind long drives...

Plan based on what's most comfortable for you. All I know is I felt really good the morning of. :)
Does it really cost over $200 to rent a car? I checked online -_-

im thinking about declining my interview. I know that the seats are almost filled, and my stats are pretty bad. I have 3.1 gpa and 19AA. man, i guess ill decline this interview invitation.

If you're really serious about dental school, I would take the chance and interview especially if you have not gotten an acceptance yet. I only had a 20AA and overall 3.23 BCP (3.9 from postbacc). It will cost more to reapply than to do this one interview. I did NOT rent a car nor do I recommend it. I"ll give you my experience that I sent to someone else who asked about it recently.

My experience that day overall was positive. I liked the dental school itself since it was very modern and new. The faculty and students were very nice as well. The schools is connected to the DO school and where you initially meet is the DO school which is older and has the historical cabin of A.T. Still, the founder of the DO degree. Some of my fellow interviewees did not like the initial building because they felt like it was a bit darker and the historical exhibits would be weird to walk by but as far as dental goes, I think dental students would only mainly go to that building for administration and maybe a few classes.

Most of the classes and the simulation lab are at the new building. The simulation lab uses the latest technology. I showed my girlfriend who was impressed because she said it was the same model of equipment she saw at Dugoni, which she just graduated from last year so she has experience at the new dental school of Pacific. The classrooms and simulation lab really stood out to me since it was very advanced and modern which I liked.

My interview was 2 on 1, they asked a lot of standard questions such as "Tell me about yourself" and "Why dentistry?" They also asked about my grades, study habits, and DATs. They have access to your application since for me they asked me about specific classes and DAT sections. Overall it was a standard interview with your application open to them.

My only downside with the school is mainly the location and the fact that they don't have a 4th year class yet. Also you don't get to see the clinic in St. Louis at all (obviously it's too far) and since they only just started using it this year, you won't really have solid answers when you ask questions about it since they're still figuring it out on top of the fact that there are no D3 students present to answer questions about it. For me the location just feels a bit too remote and small since I come from the Bay Area. I like more suburban areas but that is a personal preference.

I think you asked about travel in the thread, I personally think that unless you really want to get a feel of the area, it would be better and cheaper just to fly. The rates of renting a car for 2 days costs more than just spending $100 on a round trip flight between Kirksville and St. Louis. This was especially true for me since I am under 25 and I would have that extra age rate charged for me. From St. Louis to Kirksville is about 3.5 hours and Kansas City is 3 hours via car. How you travel to Kirksville is up to you. Just know that the plane Cape Air uses for the local flights is a Cessna 402c which is a small plane so it's much louder as you fly and you feel it as it turns. I just slept through the 1 hour flight however.

When you get to Kirksville, you have to take one of the local (sometimes unreliable) shuttle/taxi services. If you're staying at a hotel, they'll be more than happy to help you get in contact with one of the town's services so you can schedule a driver. Just remember, that a 10 minute ride to your hotel can cost $15. I recommend staying at the Days Inn. It's where I stayed and it was very comfortable for me. On top of that, the manager will drive you to and from your interview without charging you. They offer this services specifically for dental and medical interviewees since they get so many of us each year. They are the only hotel in the area that I know of that does that. If Naman (one of the managers) is there, ask for him, he really gave me insight into the town since he has lived there for over 3 years now and he's the one that drove me. He's originally from Chicago. They will always drive you on time. I had some other interviewees whose shuttle service either came late or never showed up. Naman even mentioned last year that someone missed their interview because the local taxi service was so unpredictable.

TLDR; Don't rent, flying to Kirksville from St. Louis roundtrip is $100 and if you stay at the Days Inn, you can get a complimentary ride. Just make sure to call the manager and set it up.

If you're really serious about dental school, I would take the chance and interview especially if you have not gotten an acceptance yet. I only had a 20AA and overall 3.23 BCP (3.9 from postbacc). It will cost more to reapply than to do this one interview. I did NOT rent a car nor do I recommend it. I"ll give you my experience that I sent to someone else who asked about it recently.

My experience that day overall was positive. I liked the dental school itself since it was very modern and new. The faculty and students were very nice as well. The schools is connected to the DO school and where you initially meet is the DO school which is older and has the historical cabin of A.T. Still, the founder of the DO degree. Some of my fellow interviewees did not like the initial building because they felt like it was a bit darker and the historical exhibits would be weird to walk by but as far as dental goes, I think dental students would only mainly go to that building for administration and maybe a few classes.

Most of the classes and the simulation lab are at the new building. The simulation lab uses the latest technology. I showed my girlfriend who was impressed because she said it was the same model of equipment she saw at Dugoni, which she just graduated from last year so she has experience at the new dental school of Pacific. The classrooms and simulation lab really stood out to me since it was very advanced and modern which I liked.

My interview was 2 on 1, they asked a lot of standard questions such as "Tell me about yourself" and "Why dentistry?" They also asked about my grades, study habits, and DATs. They have access to your application since for me they asked me about specific classes and DAT sections. Overall it was a standard interview with your application open to them.

My only downside with the school is mainly the location and the fact that they don't have a 4th year class yet. Also you don't get to see the clinic in St. Louis at all (obviously it's too far) and since they only just started using it this year, you won't really have solid answers when you ask questions about it since they're still figuring it out on top of the fact that there are no D3 students present to answer questions about it. For me the location just feels a bit too remote and small since I come from the Bay Area. I like more suburban areas but that is a personal preference.

I think you asked about travel in the thread, I personally think that unless you really want to get a feel of the area, it would be better and cheaper just to fly. The rates of renting a car for 2 days costs more than just spending $100 on a round trip flight between Kirksville and St. Louis. This was especially true for me since I am under 25 and I would have that extra age rate charged for me. From St. Louis to Kirksville is about 3.5 hours and Kansas City is 3 hours via car. How you travel to Kirksville is up to you. Just know that the plane Cape Air uses for the local flights is a Cessna 402c which is a small plane so it's much louder as you fly and you feel it as it turns. I just slept through the 1 hour flight however.

When you get to Kirksville, you have to take one of the local (sometimes unreliable) shuttle/taxi services. If you're staying at a hotel, they'll be more than happy to help you get in contact with one of the town's services so you can schedule a driver. Just remember, that a 10 minute ride to your hotel can cost $15. I recommend staying at the Days Inn. It's where I stayed and it was very comfortable for me. On top of that, the manager will drive you to and from your interview without charging you. They offer this services specifically for dental and medical interviewees since they get so many of us each year. They are the only hotel in the area that I know of that does that. If Naman (one of the managers) is there, ask for him, he really gave me insight into the town since he has lived there for over 3 years now and he's the one that drove me. He's originally from Chicago. They will always drive you on time. I had some other interviewees whose shuttle service either came late or never showed up. Naman even mentioned last year that someone missed their interview because the local taxi service was so unpredictable.

TLDR; Don't rent, flying to Kirksville from St. Louis roundtrip is $100 and if you stay at the Days Inn, you can get a complimentary ride. Just make sure to call the manager and set it up.
Thank you man!

Thank you. But WREB is a licensure exam that you will be able to practice in 30 states.It is different from Board exam. MOSDOH is not a hosting site for WREB.

Hi! I'm currently a D3 at MOSDOH. We are being prepared for the WREB exam constantly. We are asked to prep cavities on our patients to "ideal" during every appointment in preparation for the exam. Also, we have mock WREB exams once a month in which we prep and restore typodont teeth. Our instructors photograph both preps and restorations under a microscope and give us feedback. We take a mock NBDE part 2 exam every month as well. It's my understanding that MOSDOH will be a WREB hosting site and it is where we will be taking the WREB.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I'm currently a D3 at MOSDOH. We are being prepared for the WREB exam constantly. We are asked to prep cavities on our patients to "ideal" during every appointment in preparation for the exam. Also, we have mock WREB exams once a month in which we prep and restore typodont teeth. Our instructors photograph both preps and restorations under a microscope and give us feedback. We take a mock NBDE part 2 exam every month as well. It's my understanding that MOSDOH will be a WREB hosting site and it is where we will be taking the WREB.
That's a great news! Thank you!

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances is?

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances is?

I was emailed asking if I was still looking to accept an offer and they said they would probably give out acceptances early May.

I was emailed asking if I was still looking to accept an offer and they said they would probably give out acceptances early May.
When I interviewed this past week, they did mention that there were a few spots that weren't reserved. Idk what "few" meant but I'm assuming 2-3 spots.

Last edited: