You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official MOSDOH Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**
Started by dutch18
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Do you mind me asking what your stats were? I interviewed Jan. 19 but haven't heard anything.Accepted via phone call this morning. Interviewed Jan 25.
OOS
Do you mind me asking what your stats were? I interviewed Jan. 19 but haven't heard anything.
3.4 oGPA 3.3 sGPA
19AA
1000+ hours community service
100+ hours shadowing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thank you! Congrats on your acceptance! Still hoping to hear something soon3.4 oGPA 3.3 sGPA
19AA
1000+ hours community service
100+ hours shadowing
Has anyone had a interview invite with around 200 hrs of clinical, volunteer, and community service experiences listed in for the supplemental application?
I had more hours from extracurriculars but they didn't quite fit the requirements listed in the supplemental application but they are listed in my AADSAS application.
I had more hours from extracurriculars but they didn't quite fit the requirements listed in the supplemental application but they are listed in my AADSAS application.
If you mean everything besides school then yeah, I have a ton and I’m sure combined a lot of people have 200 hours if you combine shadowing and volunteering/community service, especially if it is over the course of 3-4 years. Why do you ask?Has anyone had a interview invite with around 200 hrs of clinical, volunteer, and community service experiences listed in for the supplemental application?
I had more hours from extracurriculars but they didn't quite fit the requirements listed in the supplemental application but they are listed in my AADSAS application.
Well I meant that I have around 200 hours of just activities that I was allowed to include in the supplemental application. [Meaning excluding shadowing hours, student organization activities, etc.]If you mean everything besides school then yeah, I have a ton and I’m sure combined a lot of people have 200 hours if you combine shadowing and volunteering/community service, especially if it is over the course of 3-4 years. Why do you ask?
I was just curious if they had a cut-off for number of hours they wanted to see in their potential candidates. What I hope they see is not just the number of hours but the quality in the community services.
AT still is very service oriented so the more the better. They will be able to see the activities you weren’t able to list. You’ll be fine and good job on getting so many things done while juggling that with schoolWell I meant that I have around 200 hours of just activities that I was allowed to include in the supplemental application. [Meaning excluding shadowing hours, student organization activities, etc.]
I was just curious if they had a cut-off for number of hours they wanted to see in their potential candidates. What I hope they see is not just the number of hours but the quality in the community services.
AT still is very service oriented so the more the better. They will be able to see the activities you weren’t able to list. You’ll be fine and good job on getting so many things done while juggling that with school
Thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Accepted this morning. Interviewed Jan 11th.
Congrats!!!Accepted this morning. Interviewed Jan 11th.
May I ask what your stats is?
Congrats!!!
May I ask what your stats is?
Thanks!!
DAT 21AA, oGPA 3.79, sGPA 3.75.
~60 hours of shadowing
~300 hours of hospital volunteering
~700 hours of tutoring (paid)
Had my deposit down for MOSDOH but got accepted to my state school today. I will be rescinding my acceptance to MOSDOH so hopefully one of you gets my spot 🙂 good luck!
Declined interview invite today. Hopefully someone picks it up.
When did you submit your supplemental and when were you invited?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MY HEROAccepted via phone call this morning. Interviewed Jan 25.
OOS
When did you submit your supplemental and when were you invited?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Submitted in September. Invited today 2/1
Anybody know what the dress code is for D1?? Business casual or scrubs? Gonna start shopping soon

They wear scrubs! Every time I have visited, they were in royal blue. I don't think they're too strict on scrub style until the big move to stl before year D3 and even then, I've only seen royal blue.Anybody know what the dress code is for D1?? Business casual or scrubs? Gonna start shopping soon![]()
They just started rotating years and colors. Class of 2021 is royal blue, so I assume Class of 2022 will be ceil blue. I would double check with Admissions, they should be able to tell you for sure. Business casual can be worn, also, but most people choose to wear scrubs.Anybody know what the dress code is for D1?? Business casual or scrubs? Gonna start shopping soon![]()
Me except I submitted in the end of JulyI submitted my application in October and haven’t heard anything yet. Anyone else in the same boat?
Hi everyone! I am currently a D1 at MOSDOH. Our ASDA chapter is having a pre-dental workshop from April 6-7. So this will be good for those who did not receive an interview or acceptance, because the workshop is designed to really benefit you and provide valauble information. We will have an admissions session, student dental panel, mock interviews, DAT and personal statement workshop, ATSU tour, life of a dental student presentation, a chance to stay overnight with a dental student, simulation lab activites like waxing and drilling exercise, raffle prizes, and breakfast and lunch will be provided along with snacks. It will be alot of fun and remember to not give up! Let me know if you are interested in registering! sa179879 at atsu.edu
They really ask questions to get to know you. “What do you like to do for fun?” “What are a couple of things you think you need to work on personally,” “why would you make a good classmate?” Etc. The group activity is a scenario in which you have to collaborate with a group and present your findings/decisions to faculty/admissions people. Basically to see who works well in a group and is a good team member. Be yourself, honestlyWhat was the interview like? What questions did they ask and what was the group section like?
I interviewed 1/25! Are you going to matriculate?Accepted this afternoon. Interviewed 1/25. Don't lose hope. OOS
congratulations!Accepted this afternoon. Interviewed 1/25. Don't lose hope. OOS
Is anybody on here attending DMD for a day this Tuesday the 20th?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too! Same day! Email came today at 10:28AMInterview Offer Today!!! Interview March 1st
The flights are sooo expensive last minute for me!!! I didn’t realize that it was in such a small town! It makes me nervous about my husband finding a good job there! Anybody else worried about that?Me too! Same day! Email came today at 10:28AM
Yes that makes me feel better!!! Thank you so much!Yes it is a small town but we all have so much fun here. There are alot of significant others here and the ones that wanted jobs were able to find them! Haven't heard of any problems yet if that makes you feel better!
I will be declining my interview invite here. I hope one of you who needs it, receives it!
Don't worry! They help find work for significant others whether it be in the community or for the school itself. It's really cool of them to care so much about getting students and SOs settled in and ready to succeed. From what I heard, they also hold an orientation for SOs.The flights are sooo expensive last minute for me!!! I didn’t realize that it was in such a small town! It makes me nervous about my husband finding a good job there! Anybody else worried about that?
Sorry about your flight being so costly :/ luckily I just have to drive 5ish hours. Is your interview in the morning or afternoon?
I have not. I interviewed 2/8Has anyone who interviewed 2 weeks ago heard anything?
Yeah I called today and there is no update. She said that the admissions comittee was going to meet soon.I have not. I interviewed 2/8
Don't worry! They help find work for significant others whether it be in the community or for the school itself. It's really cool of them to care so much about getting students and SOs settled in and ready to succeed. From what I heard, they also hold an orientation for SOs.
Sorry about your flight being so costly :/ luckily I just have to drive 5ish hours. Is your interview in the morning or afternoon?
That sounds awesome, I’m sure he’ll find something!!! Just have to get accepted first! Mine is in the morning, when is yours?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That’s really great to hear!! Thanks for the kind words, looking forward to seeing the campus! I’ve heard excellent things from people at previous interviews!They have a little meet and greet for significant others! And there is a facebook group page for them as well, but yes the school really cares, such great people. Alot of services students get is also open to them like free gym and counseling services.
Only the afternoon was available when I logged in to schedule it. I wonder how many people will be in each sessionThat sounds awesome, I’m sure he’ll find something!!! Just have to get accepted first! Mine is in the morning, when is yours?
I am interested as well too. How was everybody interview size recently?Only the afternoon was available when I logged in to schedule it. I wonder how many people will be in each session
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K