You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official MOSDOH Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**
Started by dutch18
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be interviewing 9/14
OOSIs everyone who is interviewing, out of state or instate?
Awesome! Hopefully there will be more of us SDNers thereI will be interviewing 9/14
which hotel is good to stay at?
I'm staying at the Holiday Innwhich hotel is good to stay at?
do they have a shuttle by any chance? It sucks because they don't have uber in kirksville lolI'm staying at the Holiday Inn
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Plane to St Louis. Then the cape air charter plane from St. Louis to KirksvilleFor those of you who are OOS, how are you getting to MOSDOH for the interview?
Anyone get invited for an interview recently?
Literally conversational do not stress out and do not rehearse anything it will be smoothe you will come out wondering if it was even an interviewFor anyone who's interviewed already, do you have any tips or words of advice?
I got an email middle of June saying they would not be moving forward with my application. Just thought I'd help with an update
You got rejected in the middle of June or that's when you submitted your app??I got an email middle of June saying they would not be moving forward with my application. Just thought I'd help with an update
You got rejected in the middle of June or that's when you submitted your app??
Yes and Yes. Submitted and rejected in the same month. Had to be a new Record. haha
Lol dang. They don't waste any timeYes and Yes. Submitted and rejected in the same month. Had to be a new Record. haha
That's what im concerened about tooFor those of you who are OOS, how are you getting to MOSDOH for the interview?
Yes and Yes. Submitted and rejected in the same month. Had to be a new Record. haha
No way! what are your stats??
Applied middle of August, completed secondary by September, invited for an interview September 19th. Interview is Thursday October 12. I am an IN STATE student, graduated from Mizzou.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted877918
Does anyone know how they structure the timing of interviews? I completed secondaries second week of august and have yet to hear anything
I submitted my secondary application on August 4th, was notified on August 18th that my application was "complete," invited for interview on August 28th, and did my interview on October 5th. Have you called and made sure that they have all of your application materials, because they didn't have my DAT scores until I called them in mid-August.
D
deleted877918
Yes I received the notification that my secondary had been complete in mid-August. Im just curious because I have similar stats to the rest of applicants that I have seen received interview invitations (congrats to everyone, btw!) and was just curious.I submitted my secondary application on August 4th, was notified on August 18th that my application was "complete," invited for interview on August 28th, and did my interview on October 5th. Have you called and made sure that they have all of your application materials, because they didn't have my DAT scores until I called them in mid-August.
Has anyone heard from this school lately?
Noo 🙁 It has been about a month since I submitted my supplemental...Has anyone heard from this school lately?
Hey ya'll. Current D2 at MOSDOH here! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to pm me! Good luck to all.. It's a great school!
I've heard some of the newer schools do a lot of their interviews post december. Is this true for MOSDOH in your experience?
I can tell you that they do just as many if not more before December. They've got interviewees here every Thursday for the most part... and that's a lot of Thursdays before December. Usually groups can be from 4-8. Just depends! They've got a constant stream of people coming in though so I wouldn't say it's skewed one way or the other by any means.
How do you like the curriculum?I can tell you that they do just as many if not more before December. They've got interviewees here every Thursday for the most part... and that's a lot of Thursdays before December. Usually groups can be from 4-8. Just depends! They've got a constant stream of people coming in though so I wouldn't say it's skewed one way or the other by any means.
^^I'm also curious about that because taking one class at a time seems a bit strange. I don't know if I could stay engaged that long during a day.
I highly doubt that's a problem that you'll have while you're here. It's too fast-paced for you to not be engaged. You have to be taking notes or doing something to keep up otherwise you WILL fall behind very quickly. Yes, you do take one class at a time, but it's not in a standard way by any means. On average, you go through about one class a week with midterms every 2 days and a final the next Monday. You then start the next class right after your Monday finals. The harder more important courses are two weeks long (head and neck, etc.).
For reference, when we were in our first year, some of our classes were even shorter than a week and way too condensed. We went through all of microbiology in 3 days, and immunology in another 3 -with an exam every day. That's 350 or so slides a day of information, with an exam the next morning. There is NO room for slacking off. The schedule has since been adjusted to be a little less intense, and some of the first-years would be better suited to tell you how those changes have helped them. The thing I like about this school is that they take seriously the complaints and comments from the students and try to change things. While those changes likely won't be noticed by the classes in the same year, they can be seen from year to year. There are a lot of things that our class has been observing for the first years, and it seems unfair that we didn't have the same schedule, but we ARE happy to see that the changes we suggested are being made.
In terms of this set-up: I prefer it this way, but I also hate it at the same time. The reasons for this:
1. I'm terrible at didactics when I'm under pressure, and it's reflected in my grades. I have to work a lot harder than most of my peers to understand the information and remember it well enough, but thank God I've made it through without any issues to date. Not everyone has the same issues I do though, so if you're good at didactics then it won't be an issue.
2. The flip side to this is that because they smash all the didactics at you in the first year, you spend the last 1/4 of 1st year in the clinic learning operative I, and in your second year, you're in the simulation clinic 4 days a week with one day in the classroom on Fridays (only half the time, the other half your in the clinic on Fridays as well). So you can see how getting all the classwork out of the way in the first year is beneficial to you when it comes to learning how to actually be a dentist. It lets you focus entirely on what you're doing in lab instead of being forced to choose whether or not you want to put more effort into making sure you don't fail a class and suffering in lab because of it. Hope all this makes sense.
Just thought I would post that I interviewed on November 9th! I got the invite on October 6th. Great facilities as it is a new building. I was impressed by the Sim clinic and the building for dental students. I also liked the aspect of the two campus one in Kirksville and one in St. Louis. I loved the small class size of about 42, it seems like a very collaborative learning environment and something that would work well for me. Im OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3/5 interviews for dental schools that I applied to.Just thought I would post that I interviewed on November 9th! I got the invite on October 6th. Great facilities as it is a new building. I was impressed by the Sim clinic and the building for dental students. I also liked the aspect of the two campus one in Kirksville and one in St. Louis. I loved the small class size of about 42, it seems like a very collaborative learning environment and something that would work well for me. Im OOS
Anybody know if there are pre-dec dates left or anything in January? I know it's only a few weeks away but I figured I'd ask. Also curious if anybody interviewed at ASDOH and is still waiting for an invite from MOSDOH. If you interviewed at both schools, which one was more stressful?
Anyone know about how many offers for acceptance they will extend out on Dec 1st? Because I have read in previous threads that alot of the class will be accepted after Dec. 1st?
My guess is they will send out the 42 acceptances on December 1st but I would expect a lot of the people that they accept might also get accepted elsewhere and there is a possibility that they might choose another school. I am not too sure of what the exact numbers are but I am friends with a current D2 here and she and many others were accepted after December 1st!
Last edited:
do you know the avgs for GPA and DAT for the 2016 class by any chance?My guess is they will send out the 42 acceptances but I would accept a lot of the people that they accept will choose another school if they are accepted. I am not too sure of what the exact numbers are but I am friends with a current D2 here and she and many others were accepted after December 1st!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K