***Official Roseman University Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I want one..

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly I'm in love with the school and its curriculum. If I don't get into my state school, this is where I want to be. Interview went fantastic. Long long day. I was very tired by the end of it all but you really get to know the people you're interviewing with as well as the students. Also south Jordan was stunning. Nothing to be nervous about.

Reactions: 2 users
Turned in my app and secondary on June 2... Have had 6 pre December interview offers, yet roseman just now sent me an email saying my app is under review.. Weird.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Turned in my app and secondary on June 2... Have had 6 pre December interview offers, yet roseman just now sent me an email saying my app is under review.. Weird.

Same! Roseman just sent me an Under Review e-mail today and my application has been complete for over a month.

You'll have to present your group to the other applicants! But since they split you up into two main groups you'll only be presenting to about 20 people. Wasn't too big of a deal.

Is that the presentation you'll have to give at the beginning of the day?

Is that the presentation you'll have to give at the beginning of the day?
they are switching it up and finding what works for them. I think they did our interview differently. We split up into numerous small groups and would all discuss a question and come up with answers then one person would present to everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
they are soooooo slow !!!

Just be patient! I thought I will not be given a chance but I got that invite email. I was very surprised and excited. I submitted mine way back in mid July and just got invited mid September, so about 2 months. Best of luck!
Thank you i wish you the best ... will try my best to stay patient

i sent in my app and it was mailed 7/15, however I applied to Roseman separately 8/30 and got an interview mid september, so I don't think they're slow lol.

Honestly I'm in love with the school and its curriculum. If I don't get into my state school, this is where I want to be. Interview went fantastic. Long long day. I was very tired by the end of it all but you really get to know the people you're interviewing with as well as the students. Also south Jordan was stunning. Nothing to be nervous about.

Just out of curiosity, about how many applicants were there during your interview day?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a current D2 at Roseman, so if any of you have any questions you can PM me. I don't go on here very much anymore, but I get notified when someone PMs me. I'm also on the Army HPSP if any of you have questions about that.

Some general things, I really like the school and its curriculum. I never expected to have this much free time going in to dental school after hearing all of these horror stories on SDN about dental school. I now have 3 kids and have plenty of time for them. It is about 8-3:30 a lot of days. Longer for other days like sim lab days or once you get in clinic. For 1st and 2nd year we get from the week of Thanksgiving through New Year's off if you don't have to remediate any classes. We also got about 8 weeks off during the Summer of first year, but you have to take boards during that time. Breaks are limited once you get in clinic in 3rd and 4th year. Our class got a team together for a softball and a soccer team at local leagues. It isn't too difficult to get the 90% pass rate if you're a pretty good student (85% if your team passes which has been every test for the groups I've been in). You do get the Friday after an assessment (assessments are every 3 weeks; sometimes 2 weeks) off if you pass and the morning off on that Monday when people are reassessing. I felt prepared for NBDE 1 after reviewing everything for a few weeks once classes ended. I thought the classes did a good job on covering all of the important things.

The faculty are very helpful and really treat everyone like life long colleagues. They are always looking to improve the way they teach things for sim clinic and apply things in the clinic. An example is using composite at the very beginning in dental anatomy instead of wax so you get used to using composite. Our class was also the first one to really get a good feel using cad/cam technology since it isn't being used very much in clinic now since the classes above us weren't trained on it.

Our class began going up in clinic Monday mornings and all day Wednesday to assist 3rd and 4th year students to get exposure to how things work in clinic while helping them out. We will be up in the clinic full time in April when the 4th years are due to graduate. It seems to vary by the student about how much experience you get. It does seem to help get more patients if you speak Spanish. There are also a lot of externships that are available to 4th year students where you go to a clinic off site for a few weeks and see a lot of patients.

I don't have much advice for interviewing that you haven't seen elsewhere. Just be yourself and relax. If you have any questions not found in my post that turned out to be a lot longer than intended, feel free to message me. Also the timeline for everything has been accelerated slightly for each new class so the classes behind ours MAY be doing things a little sooner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
I'm joining this train! Interview # 3!

Congrats!! How/when were you notified? Also, when did you get the "under review" email? Thanks!
I was just notified today through email. My under review date was Aug.15th. I'm kind of worried though since I'm going to have trouble contacting them to set up a interview day. I don't have cell phone service in the middle of Guatemala.

I was just notified today through email. My under review date was Aug.15th. I'm kind of worried though since I'm going to have trouble contacting them to set up a interview day. I don't have cell phone service in the middle of Guatemala.

Ask a friend in the states to set up your interview! Just give them your AADSAS ID and maybe even your dentpin!

how is the interview like at Roseman? I have my interview next week and I would like to know if it is 2 on 1 or 1 on 1.
Do they have Uber in the area? I'm planning on Ubering to my hotel from the airport...

how is the interview like at Roseman? I have my interview next week and I would like to know if it is 2 on 1 or 1 on 1.
Do they have Uber in the area? I'm planning on Ubering to my hotel from the airport...
interview is 3 on 1, they have uber

3on1 open file interview. I had 2 faculty members and a 3rd year dental student interviewing me. The interview was very relaxed and more conversational than the 2on1 interview I had at another school. There's nothing to worry about. The interview day definitely put Roseman way up on my list.

Uber from the airport to the school is about $25-30 maybe. Keep in mind that the interviewees will try to catch a ride back to their hotel/airport after the interview day, so the uber rates will most likely increase on the way back. I shared a uber with 3 other and the cost of my ride was about $12 instead of like $50!

3on1 open file interview. I had 2 faculty members and a 3rd year dental student interviewing me. The interview was very relaxed and more conversational than the 2on1 interview I had at another school. There's nothing to worry about. The interview day definitely put Roseman way up on my list.

Uber from the airport to the school is about $25-30 maybe. Keep in mind that the interviewees will try to catch a ride back to their hotel/airport after the interview day, so the uber rates will most likely increase on the way back. I shared a uber with 3 other and the cost of my ride was about $12 instead of like $50!
If you share an Uber with other people, are they all going to be the people heading to the same destination as I am? Because if I share the ride back to airport after my interview, and if our destinations are different, I might get their late.

If you share an Uber with other people, are they all going to be the people heading to the same destination as I am? Because if I share the ride back to airport after my interview, and if our destinations are different, I might get their late.
You can also take the TRAX (light rail) that runs throughout the valley, including to and from the airport. It's under $5. Just search UTA TRAX on google.

I always wonder what happens after the interview. How do they choose who to accept. Is it an actual committee or does the dean of admissions review all feedback and make the final decision? Anyone know?

I always wonder what happens after the interview. How do they choose who to accept. Is it an actual committee or does the dean of admissions review all feedback and make the final decision? Anyone know?
I believe it's the committee then goes to dean of admissions.

Edit: but I could be wrong. I just know it moves up to the dean after some process

Can anybody who has interviewed already tell me what time they finished for the day? I'm starting to worry about not making my 6:30pm flight back home on time.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Can anybody who has interviewed already tell me what time they finished for the day? I'm starting to worry about not making my 6:30pm flight back home on time.

What time is your interview? my interview is at 8:00am and have my flight at 4:30pm.
I hope I can make it.

I think mine finished around 3 or 4... ?So a 6:30 flight is definitely doable, not sure about the 4:30 one though.

I think mine finished around 3 or 4... ?So a 6:30 flight is definitely doable, not sure about the 4:30 one though.
Thanks! What exactly was going on the majority of the time during the interview? Were you just waiting to be interviewed?

Okay.. so I called to see if I could change my flight time since I can't make it to the airport on time after my interview and only options I have left with are:
1) pay another like $700+ to change my flight time
2) call admissions office and ask if I can leave "slightly" early so I can make it back on time. But it turns out that they don't like people leaving early and pay more attention to whoever that leave early.

what should I do....

Okay.. so I called to see if I could change my flight time since I can't make it to the airport on time after my interview and only options I have left with are:
1) pay another like $700+ to change my flight time
2) call admissions office and ask if I can leave "slightly" early so I can make it back on time. But it turns out that they don't like people leaving early and pay more attention to whoever that leave early.

what should I do....
There were a few people who slipped out at the end presentation (financial aid stuff, if I remember correctly) and it seemed nbd

Thanks! What exactly was going on the majority of the time during the interview? Were you just waiting to be interviewed?

There are presentations on curriculum and financial aid, lunch, tour, interview, chat with just current students, and touring the sim lab and playing with cad cam/microscope/other instruments. The presentations were rather long.

There were a few people who slipped out at the end presentation (financial aid stuff, if I remember correctly) and it seemed nbd
and do you remember around what time that was? when people left during the presentation. Do you know by any chance if they left after getting the permission?
Because I cant really spend another 700+ just to delay another 2 more hours. A lot of schools where I interviewed at allowed people to leave early if they had a flight to catch.. one of the admissions people told me that it doesn't look good

and do you remember around what time that was? when people left during the presentation. Do you know by any chance if they left after getting the permission?
Because I cant really spend another 700+ just to delay another 2 more hours. A lot of schools where I interviewed at allowed people to leave early if they had a flight to catch.. one of the admissions people told me that it doesn't look good

It was probably around 3. And I'm not sure if they got permission or anything, they just quietly got up and shook hands with an admissions staff standing by the door and then left.

I know some people left around 1:30 to catch flights. One of my friends got permission right before she left, whereas others just left.

I know some people left around 1:30 to catch flights. One of my friends got permission right before she left, whereas others just left.
Thank god this is so relieving. Thank you! 1:30 is just about when I will have to leave since my flight is at 4:00pm. Really appreciate your input! :)