*~*~* Official Secondary Prompt/Essay Thread 2012-2013 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dudeliness

hi
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So since many of us are close to getting secondaries I've been looking for a list of prompts. Does anyone have a list of prompts for the different schools? I've been skimming through the school specific threads and found a couple that way (usually by looking in last years threads) but no list that has multiple schools together.
If anyone has info for secondary prompts from schools could you please post it here? I'll start with the ones I've found and please feel free to let me know if you know for sure that one that is listed is wrong or outdated. Links to previous posts with the info are less messy than posting all the questions right here so I'll do that as much as possible. Thanks and good luck to us all!

AT Still, MO (KCOM)

Have you applied to KCOM previously? Yes No
If yes, previous application year(s) and detail below what has changed since your last application.

What particular qualities do you feel you can bring to KCOM?
(Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

What specific experience/exposure have you had with osteopathic medicine? How has this influenced your decision to become an osteopathic physician?
(Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

AT Still, AZ (SOMA)

Have you applied to SOMA previously? Yes No
If yes, previous application year(s) and detail below what has changed since your last application.

What aspects of the Osteopathic Philosophy had the greatest influence in your decision to seek a career in Osteopathic Medicine?

What is your motivation for participating in the activities you have described in the clinical, volunteer and community service section? How have these experiences changed you?

How does your character, qualities, and experiences distinguish your ability and resolve to serve in underprivileged communities?

AZCOM
2. Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

3. Why should AZCOM accept you into this year's class?

(http://mobile.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=12631460)

CCOM
1500 character limit per response

2. Why do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

3. Why should CCOM accept you into this year's class?

4. Upload a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, which will include, but not be limited to the following information:
  • Educational History (colleges attended and degrees earned)
  • Employment History
  • Medically related work and volunteer experiences
  • College extracurricular activities, honors, and leadership responsibilities
  • Community activities, honors, and leadership responsibilities
  • Hobbies and nonacademic interests
DMU-COM

secondary is just biographical info, no essays

KCUMB

LECOM

secondary is brief, no essays

LMU-DCOM

Please write and ATTACH two short essays addressing the following questions:
1) In your own life, what experiences and/or people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician and
what personal qualities do you possess that will help you become a successful osteopathic physician?
2) Medical school requires a huge commitment in time and energy. How have you prepared for this commitment?

(http://www.lmunet.edu/dcom/pdfs/supplemental_application.pdf)

MSU-COM

Beyond requiring their own special forms to be filled out by evaluators instead of the usual LOR's the secondary for MSU is pretty extensive. Here are the essay prompts that I was able to find.

Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Personal Essay
Background: DOs rely on their skills in empathy, interviewing and active listening to gather the information they need to provide optimal holistic care to their patients. They are trained to use a whole body approach to diagnosis and treatment. Touch is an integral part of osteopathic care, be it a handshake, a steadying hand on the shoulder, the use of palpation during a structural exam or treatment with osteopathic manipulation. DOs empower their patients by providing education, mentoring and motivation. Patients of DOs rarely leave the office without homework assignments. The doctor/patient relationship here is truly a partnership.

Essay Instructions: On a separate sheet of paper, please discuss the topic listed below. Your response should total no more than one page and the font size must not be smaller than 10 pt. Include your name and e-mail address at the top right hand corner of the page.

* Describe a personal experience or ethical challenge you have faced that has influenced the development of your character. How has this experience helped you to develop specific skills and/or abilities that are essential to practicing osteopathic medicine?

(http://mobile.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=11265222)

NYCOM

NOVA

No essay just a couple questions and $50

https://webstar.nova.edu/pls/PROD/bw...=&cpbl=&newid=

Ohio-COM

OSU-COM

PNWU-COM

PCOM

RVU-COM

If not currently in school, describe present activity and activity since you were last a full time student. Feel free to submit a resume.

Were you employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate school?

Why do you want to become an Osteopathic physician?

Why do you wish to attend Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine?

What unique characteristics, abilities, or skill will you bring to the college and to the Osteopathic profession?

Add any additional information that you consider pertinent or that you feel will be of benefit as a student or as an osteopathic physician.
These were posted last year. I don't know that they will for certain be the same this year

(http://mobile.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=11091475)

Touro

Not sure if the different Touro's have different secondaries. This is what I found.

15. Explain why you have chosen to apply to Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine:
16. Why should the admissions committee accept you into this year's class?

(http://admissions.tu.edu/com/TUCAsupapp.htm)

UMDNJ-SOM

UNE-COM

UNTHSC-TCOM

To access the secondary, visit: https://my.unt.edu/psp/papd01/EMPLOY...SECUND_APP.GBL

Please address each topic in a separate paragraph:
1) In your own words, explain the concept of osteopathic medicine as you understand it. (1000 Characters or less)

2) What experiences and/or relationships have motivated you toward a career in osteopathic medicine? (1000 Characters or less)

Also) If applicable, please update the information contained on your TMDSAS application. Indicate any additional grades earned, alterations in your proposed coursework or graduation date, additions to your extracurricular activities, name change, or anything else you feel the Admissions Committee should know

Pike-KCOM

WVSOM

WU-COM Pomona

While shadowing a physician, what did the experience do to solidify your desire/ambition to become an osteopathic physician?

What criteria did you use to select a medical school and why WesternU meet your high level of expectation?

Describe your participation in community service activities in a medically underserved or economically disadvantaged community.

Explain why the opportunity to study and participate in clinical experiences in Southern California appeals to you.

(http://mobile.studentdoctor.net/show...php?p=12627201)

WCU-COM

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ok, here's the thread I used when I prewrote my secondaries last cycle:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=220291

Keep in mind that link is from 2005. Most of the essays were still accurate. A few of the school's have changed a couple of their essays slightly.

If you want to do future classes a favor, please compile a list of the secondary prompts this cycle (like in the link above). I'm pretty sure if you guys check the first few pages of each school specific thread from last cycle, you'll find that SOMEBODY posted the essays. You just have to search for it.

Good luck! :)

Ok, here's the thread I used when I prewrote my secondaries last cycle:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=220291

Keep in mind that link is from 2005. Most of the essays were still accurate. A few of the school's have changed a couple of their essays slightly.

If you want to do future classes a favor, please compile a list of the secondary prompts this cycle (like in the link above). I'm pretty sure if you guys check the first few pages of each school specific thread from last cycle, you'll find that SOMEBODY posted the essays. You just have to search for it.

Good luck! :)

Yeah that's what I'm doing slowly I just thought I'd open it up for people to help me fill in the gaps as they do their own searching. If a new prompt gets added to this thread I'll edit my original post to include it. Maybe in a few months we'll get most of the prompts posted for posterity's sake. Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that's what I'm doing slowly I just thought I'd open it up for people to help me fill in the gaps as they do their own searching. If a new prompt gets added to this thread I'll edit my original post to include it. Maybe in a few months we'll get most of the prompts posted for posterity's sake. Lol

Once we've submitted & verified do the schools contact us via email regarding the secondary or is it on us to go to there website and is there a place to actually submit the secondary? I know for TCOM I had specifically goto their website create an account to submit a secondary with out them ever contacting me. How is it for other schools?

Once we've submitted & verified do the schools contact us via email regarding the secondary or is it on us to go to there website and is there a place to actually submit the secondary? I know for TCOM I had specifically goto their website create an account to submit a secondary with out them ever contacting me. How is it for other schools?

They'll email you with instructions on how to complete their secondary.

Figured we could use a thread that gave the secondary essay promts in a school specific manner. Also, I'm only applying to nine schools so I'll only be able to share so many prompts. Thus, post 'em when you get 'em (or pm me and I can add them)!

The format is as follows:

School name first and in bold so it's easily identifiable:

Website: to access secondary if it is available for any and everone to submit: http:/www.yadayadayada.com

Prompt:
3. etc

Good Luck to all and let's hope it's a successful cycle!

Last edited:
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - School of Medicine:

To access the secondary, visit: http://som.umdnj.edu/education/admissions/secondary.html

Applicant Essay: [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Please complete your essay and include your responses to the following questions: (Please use font size 12 and limit your essay to one page. You may attach your essay to the application if additional space is needed.) ..
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman].
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1. Explain the process by which you decided that osteopathic medicine was right for you? .
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
2. How does the osteopathic profession fit into your professional goals and values?

The secondary is available for everyone...

Last edited:
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of of New York Institute of Technology:

To access the secondary, visit: https://guru.nyit.edu/Admissions/AdmissionsSuplementalApplication.aspx

The prompts are as follows:
1. List all paid work experience from high school graduation to present (with dates):
2. List all volunteer (medical and other) work experience (with dates):
3. List all research experience (with dates):
4. List and describe your hobbies and recreational interests:
5. Indicate your extracurricular activities and the extent of your involvement (officer positions, etc.) while enrolled as a student:

There seems to be no character limit for any and the secondary is available to everyone....

Last edited:
Feel free to edit.
Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, CA)

1. While shadowing a physician, what did the experience do to solidify your desire/ambition to become an osteopathic physician?

2. What criteria did you use to select a medical school and why WesternU meet your high level of expectation?

3. Describe your participation in community service activities in a medically underserved or economically disadvantaged community.

4. Explain why the opportunity to study and participate in clinical experiences in Southern California appeals to you.

Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine:

To access the secondary, visit: http://www.lmunet.edu/dcom/admissions/process.shtml and the link will be under "Step 2"

Please write two short essays addressing the following questions:

1) What personal qualities do you possess that will help you become a successful osteopathic physician?

2) In your own life, what experiences and/or people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician?

University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine:

To access the secondary, visit: https://my.unt.edu/psp/papd01/EMPLOYEE/PSFT_LS/c/HSAD_ADMISSIONS.HSAD_DO_SECUND_APP.GBL

1) In your own words, explain the concept of osteopathic medicine as you understand it. (1000 Characters or less)

2) What experiences and/or relationships have motivated you toward a career in osteopathic medicine? (1000 Characters or less)

Also) If applicable, please update the information contained on your TMDSAS application. Indicate any additional grades earned, alterations in your proposed coursework or graduation date, additions to your extracurricular activities, name change, or anything else you feel the Admissions Committee should know.

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Pikeville Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine:

To access the secondary, visit: https://www.applyweb.com/apply/pikeu/

I'll login tommorrow and find out what it says. Right now I got to go get a spot at the bar for the heat game!

They'll email you with instructions on how to complete their secondary.

Yes, schools will contact you with specific instructions on how and when the send in the secondary. The purpose of this thread is to get a sneak peek at what you will be filling out so as to have your secondaries somewhat prepared ahead of time. I am continuing to edit the first post with new secondaries. If anyone finds an error or a new secondary to add please tell me and I will edit the first post.

So i'm a little stuck. When a schools prompt asks something on the lines of "What person in your life or experience made you want to become an osteopathic physician?", what do you guys say? Honestly the DO I shadowed didn't use OMM, so i'm thinking I have to go and shadow one that does before I start writing my secondaries so I have someone/something to talk about? I mean, I don't care if I'm a DO or MD, as long as I become a physician. And I don't mind the DO route because there is nothing wrong with having additional training that can be used in practice (and I'm looking forward to it). Since most of us are not going DO explicitly for OMM, what do you guys say in the secondaries?

Thanks!

So i'm a little stuck. When a schools prompt asks something on the lines of "What person in your life or experience made you want to become an osteopathic physician?", what do you guys say? Honestly the DO I shadowed didn't use OMM, so i'm thinking I have to go and shadow one that does before I start writing my secondaries so I have someone/something to talk about? I mean, I don't care if I'm a DO or MD, as long as I become a physician. And I don't mind the DO route because there is nothing wrong with having additional training that can be used in practice (and I'm looking forward to it). Since most of us are not going DO explicitly for OMM, what do you guys say in the secondaries?

Thanks!

you are not only taught OMM in DO school, there is also the philosophy (humanism etc.) that can be seen used by DOs in everyday practice, even if they don't use OMM. highlight that

you are not only taught OMM in DO school, there is also the philosophy (humanism etc.) that can be seen used by DOs in everyday practice, even if they don't use OMM. highlight that

True...I have to say that from my shadowing experience with DOs and MDs, DOs are MUCH more down to earth people. Also, every DO I seen introduced themselves to me without hesitation. I never once had an MD generously come up and start a conversation or say hi or anything. I don't know if that is something I can elaborate on?

True...I have to say that from my shadowing experience with DOs and MDs, DOs are MUCH more down to earth people. Also, every DO I seen introduced themselves to me without hesitation. I never once had an MD generously come up and start a conversation or say hi or anything. I don't know if that is something I can elaborate on?

well I wouldn't put it like that... don't knock the MD's, even though in your head you want to. Tell the admissions that you saw a difference in the way DOs interacted with patients, comment on their bedside manner, made them feel comfortable, things like that, but dont say MD's dont do this, MDs dont do that... you know what i mean? Don't bash the MDs, just shine light on what the DOs did that made you want to be like them. :)

I know this was well intentioned, but NEVER make it MD vs DO. Its not about that. And its not true...there are amazing DO and MDs and there are scumbag DO and MD.

Most doctors are great people, and being down to earth is really just a subjective observation anyway.

What you need to do is look at the aacom website and begin researching what being DO really is. OMM is NOT what defines the Osteopathic philosophy. Look at the history of Osteopathic medicine and research what DO schools teach (i.e. what their mission is) and see if you can find things you relate with.

IMO, its too early for you to be asking what others think. You don't yet have a basic understanding or opinion of being a DO, so start there, form your own opinions and then come back. Sooner than later, since you've already begun the app process ;)\

good luck

University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - School of Medicine:

To access the secondary, visit: http://som.umdnj.edu/education/admissions/secondary.html

Applicant Essay: [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Please complete your essay and include your responses to the following questions: (Please use font size 12 and limit your essay to one page. You may attach your essay to the application if additional space is needed.) ..
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1. Explain the process by which you decided that osteopathic medicine was right for you? .
2. How does the osteopathic profession fit into your professional goals and values?

The secondary is available for everyone...

New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of of New York Institute of Technology:

To access the secondary, visit: https://guru.nyit.edu/Admissions/AdmissionsSuplementalApplication.aspx

1. List all paid work experience from high school graduation to present (with dates):
5. Indicate your extracurricular activities and the extent of your involvement (officer positions, etc.) while enrolled as a student:

There seems to be no character limit for any and the secondary is available to everyone....

Feel free to edit.

1. While shadowing a physician, what did the experience do to solidify your desire/ambition to become an osteopathic physician?

2. What criteria did you use to select a medical school and why WesternU meet your high level of expectation?

3. Describe your participation in community service activities in a medically underserved or economically disadvantaged community.

4. Explain why the opportunity to study and participate in clinical experiences in Southern California appeals to you.

Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine:

To access the secondary, visit: http://www.lmunet.edu/dcom/admissions/process.shtml and the link will be under "Step 2"

Please write two short essays addressing the following questions:

1) What personal qualities do you possess that will help you become a successful osteopathic physician?

2) In your own life, what experiences and/or people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician?

Touro College-CA

Access online secondary here: http://admissions.tu.edu/com/TUCAsupapp.htm

Mostly asks for biographical info but it does also ask

1. Explain why you have chosen to apply to Touro?
2. Why should the admissions committee accept you?

Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine:

The secondary will be available at: https://centernet.okstate.edu/databases/suppapp/index.php in the next few weeks.

University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine:

To access the secondary, visit: https://my.unt.edu/psp/papd01/EMPLOYEE/PSFT_LS/c/HSAD_ADMISSIONS.HSAD_DO_SECUND_APP.GBL

Also) If applicable, please update the information contained on your TMDSAS application. Indicate any additional grades earned, alterations in your proposed coursework or graduation date, additions to your extracurricular activities, name change, or anything else you feel the Admissions Committee should know.

University of Pikeville Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine:

To access the secondary, visit: https://www.applyweb.com/apply/pikeu/

I'll login tommorrow and find out what it says. Right now I got to go get a spot at the bar for the heat game!

Consolidated for convenience and to get the thread back on track :thumbup:

well I wouldn't put it like that... don't knock the MD's, even though in your head you want to. Tell the admissions that you saw a difference in the way DOs interacted with patients, comment on their bedside manner, made them feel comfortable, things like that, but dont say MD's dont do this, MDs dont do that... you know what i mean? Don't bash the MDs, just shine light on what the DOs did that made you want to be like them. :)

Great thank you

Feel free to edit.

For question 3, what if I mentioned my experience serving in an underserved area in my personal statement already? I'm guessing using the same experience in both the personal statement and secondary is bad, so I'm annoyed they would make this a separate question. Thoughts? Do you think I can use the same experience but talk about different things than I did in my personal statement?

For question 3, what if I mentioned my experience serving in an underserved area in my personal statement already? I'm guessing using the same experience in both the personal statement and secondary is bad, so I'm annoyed they would make this a separate question. Thoughts? Do you think I can use the same experience but talk about different things than I did in my personal statement?

From what I gather, the secondary essays are a chance to delve deeper. So, its perfectly fine to use the same story, but tell it with even more personality, detail and lessons you learned

Anyone know the character limit on KCOM's secondary?

Anyone know the character limit on KCOM's secondary?

Between being hungover, going to work and volunteering, I haven't had a chance to log in. Just make a user name, click the character field and hold down a key until it gives you an error.

Question about Nova's secondary:

Is it true that they ask you how many schools you are applying to this season? Do you guys think they will look down upon applying to a lot of schools?

Question about Nova's secondary:

Is it true that they ask you how many schools you are applying to this season? Do you guys think they will look down upon applying to a lot of schools?

I don't remember every school asking... but I think they'll know from AACOMAS. Maybe not.

Either way though, it won't hurt your chances. Some schools may even raise an eyebrow if you only applied to 2-3 schools, thinking you're arrogant or you're being overly selective because you don't want it bad enough. :rolleyes:

That's all speculative, but the point is... it won't hurt you. :)

I don't remember every school asking... but I think they'll know from AACOMAS. Maybe not.

Either way though, it won't hurt your chances. Some schools may even raise an eyebrow if you only applied to 2-3 schools, thinking you're arrogant or you're being overly selective because you don't want it bad enough. :rolleyes:

That's all speculative, but the point is... it won't hurt you. :)

Thank-you, you are so helpful!

If anything applying to a million schools makes you dedicated...all the secondaries...all the letter sending...sigh...

Anyone have the prompts for Touro NV and NY?

Why don't these guys just read AACOMAS for the first 3 questions. Gah.

I was wondering if someone can provide me with some clarifications:
- For Question 2, how is volunteer work experience different from other volunteer experiences? What makes a 'work' experience different from say a 'non-work' experience if they are both done as a volunteer?
Sorry for the confusion but I thought if an experience is gained as a volunteer, then it doesn't qualify as a 'work' experience.:confused:

-For question 5, if volunteer work experience= EC, then how does question 5 differentiate from question 2?

I may be reading too much into these questions, but i am seriously VERY confused at this point.:(

This thread is quickly becoming a discussion on secondaries. I will merge with the 2012-2013 secondaries thread if discussion rather than prompts continues so all discussion can be in one place and people can find information/answers in one resource.

This thread is quickly becoming a discussion on secondaries. I will merge with the 2012-2013 secondaries thread if discussion rather than prompts continues so all discussion can be in one place and people can find information/answers in one resource.

yes, lets keep this prompts only so we can have quick access to a simple list of the prompts so ShyRem doesn't release her fury on us!

Last edited:
*~*Thread for prompts only*~*​

Here are all the schools (I think) So anyone can just copy and paste current secondary prompts. If I forgot a school or listed the name wrong, feel free to update.

AT Still, MO (KCOM)

AT Still, AZ (SOMA)

AZCOM

CCOM

DMU-COM

KCUMB

LECOM

LMU-DCOM

MSU-COM

NYCOM

NOVA

Ohio-COM

OSU-COM

PNWU-COM

PCOM

RVU-COM

Touro

UMDNJ-SOM

UNE-COM

UNTHSC-TCOM

Pike-KCOM

WVSOM

WU-COM Pacific

WCU-COM

Here are all the schools (I think) So anyone can just copy and paste current secondary prompts. If I forgot a school or listed the name wrong, feel free to update.

AT Still, MO (KCOM)

AT Still, AZ (SOMA)

AZCOM

CCOM

DMU-COM

KCUMB

LECOM

LMU-DCOM

MSU-COM

NYCOM

NOVA

Ohio-COM

OSU-COM

PNWU-COM

PCOM

RVU-COM

Touro

UMDNJ-SOM

UNE-COM

UNTHSC-TCOM

Pike-KCOM

WVSOM

WU-COM Pacific

WCU-COM

Make the first post in this format, please.

AT Still, MO (KCOM)

AT Still, AZ (SOMA)

AZCOM

CCOM

DMU-COM

KCUMB

LECOM

LMU-DCOM

MSU-COM

NYCOM

NOVA

Ohio-COM

OSU-COM

PNWU-COM

PCOM

RVU-COM

Touro

UMDNJ-SOM

UNE-COM

UNTHSC-TCOM

To access the secondary, visit: https://my.unt.edu/psp/papd01/EMPLOY...SECUND_APP.GBL

Also) If applicable, please update the information contained on your TMDSAS application. Indicate any additional grades earned, alterations in your proposed coursework or graduation date, additions to your extracurricular activities, name change, or anything else you feel the Admissions Committee should know

Pike-KCOM

WVSOM

WU-COM Pacific

WCU-COM

Hopefully we will be able to fill this baby out soon-Let the secondaries come!

Last edited:
Anyone who can and wants, put the secondary prompts here!

I think its just AT Still (both campuses) so if no one has by this evening, Ill put em in

AT Still, MO (KCOM)

What specific experience/exposure have you had with osteopathic medicine? How has this influenced your decision to become an osteopathic physician?

AT Still, AZ (SOMA)

What aspects of the Osteopathic Philosophy had the greatest influence in your decision to seek a career in Osteopathic Medicine?

What is your motivation for participating in the activities you have described in the clinical, volunteer and community service section? How have these experiences changed you?

How does your character, qualities, and experiences distinguish your ability and resolve to serve in underprivileged communities?

AZCOM

CCOM

DMU-COM

KCUMB

LECOM

LMU-DCOM

MSU-COM

NYCOM

NOVA

Ohio-COM

OSU-COM

PNWU-COM

PCOM

RVU-COM

Touro

UMDNJ-SOM

UNE-COM

UNTHSC-TCOM

Pike-KCOM

WVSOM

WU-COM Pacific

WCU-COM

AT Still, MO (KCOM)

AT Still, AZ (SOMA)

AZCOM

CCOM

DMU-COM

KCUMB

LECOM

LMU-DCOM

MSU-COM

NYCOM

NOVA

Ohio-COM

OSU-COM

PNWU-COM

PCOM

RVU-COM

Touro

UMDNJ-SOM

UNE-COM

UNTHSC-TCOM

Pike-KCOM

WVSOM

WU-COM Pacific

WCU-COM

*Bump

Thanks abolt!

AT Still, MO (KCOM)

AT Still, AZ (SOMA)

AZCOM

CCOM

DMU-COM

KCUMB

LECOM

LMU-DCOM

MSU-COM

NYCOM

NOVA

No essay just a couple questions and $50

https://webstar.nova.edu/pls/PROD/bwskalog.p_disploginnew?in_id=&cpbl=&newid=

Ohio-COM

OSU-COM

PNWU-COM

PCOM

RVU-COM

Touro

UMDNJ-SOM

UNE-COM

UNTHSC-TCOM

Pike-KCOM

WVSOM

WU-COM Pacific

WCU-COM

I have updated the first post with a hopefully more useful format and a link to the info that has been provided (when possible)

I had some other links that were directly from some schools but they no longer work. Maybe due to the opening of this cycle. Good luck to all!

Honestly, I am having trouble answering this. I maintained a high GPA throughout university that came along with dedication, determination and good work ethic - which will be carried over to medical school. That is what I have to talk about. Is there something I am missing? What do other pre meds do to prepare?

Looks like you don't have ohio's (ou-hcom) yet...it came out yesterday or the day before.

but, other than agreeing and signing a 5 years contract to work in ohio after graduation, you have a personal statement to give:

In the space provided below, indicate: why you wish to become an osteopathic physician; why you wish to attend the
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine; and any additional information you feel the college should
know about you.

it says in the space provided below (they send you a PDF) and the space is maybe 3/4 page.

:thumbup:

is it true that Touro NV doesn't have any essays?