This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got off the waitlist & confirmed at UAB-Med!! Check your portal every day and don't lose hope! Good luck everyone <3
congrats!!!! I hope i get off the waitlist too. hoping for the best

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
thank you :) definitely reach out to your site's coordinators. I did and they wrote my name down! I think that helped for sure
Did you email them and tell them that you are on the waitlist or ask where you are on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you email them and tell them that you are on the waitlist or ask where you are on the waitlist?
I called one of my site coordinators directly and asked them about the waitlist process! I told them I was on the waitlist

I called one of my site coordinators directly and asked them about the waitlist process! I told them I was on the waitlist
Do you think I can get the same effects by emailing them a letter of continued interest, or do you think calling is better? Thank you, and CONGRATS!

Hi everyone, I have applied to SHPEP and have been waitlisted for Howard medical for the past couple of days. Does anyone know about how long we can be expected to be waitlisted for?

Do you know when they'll send out more info/an intro email about the program we committed to?
Usually within a week or so. Just depends on when they have a fully committed cohort.

- Austin Rios, SHPEP Ambassador

Anyone here get into the University of Texas Health Science Center for Medical? Is there a GroupMe or any group chats made yet?

Hi there!

My name is Keyanna Safforld, and I am a SHPEP ambassador who experienced the virtual program at the University of Alabama this past summer!

If you want to know more about the virtual experience, please contact me at [email protected] or reply to this post.
I would love to help you through this application process! SHPEP has allowed me to find my passion, and I will forever be grateful for it. This is an opportunity that you do not want to miss!

I went in pre-dental, but now I am pre-med**
Hello! I got accepted to UNMC but I’m also thinking about taking physics over summer. How long is the average SHPEP day and is the whole day synchronous? Thank you in advance!

Hey! Does anyone know if we'll be able to attend lectures virtually if we're in a different time zone? I'm in Iowa's dental program. I can try to stay up to participate in the group activities, but for days where we just have lectures it might be hard for me to attend them at like 2 am. Thank you :)

Hello! I got accepted to UNMC but I’m also thinking about taking physics over summer. How long is the average SHPEP day and is the whole day synchronous? Thank you in advance!
I went to WesternU's info session and they said their program runs 9-4 pm. I assume the other programs will also be that long so if your physics class is flexible/self-paced, it could work out. Speaking as someone who did take physics online last summer (self-paced) while doing another program during the day, it was difficult to make it to office hours since most of them conflicted with my day program.

Hey, I'm in Rutgers Dental Program, but I haven't gotten any information about the schedule yet. Did anyone hear back from the program? I'm kinda worried because my friend in a different program got her schedule already.

Has anyone gotten information at Westen U site s. We start in a month and I know no information and haven’t gotten anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.