****Official Summer 2007 MCAT Score Thread*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of you who took the exam in May:

This is the official score release thread for the May 2007 MCAT dates. Feel free to post serious information and announcements about the impending score release. You can post your scores in here when the time comes as well.

This post also serves as a warning to remind you guys that fake threads stating "SCORES ARE UP" will give you an automatic post hold for one week.

Best of luck to everyone waiting! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

A little early for this thread isn't it?

Anyways, 22 days to go for me!

Somebody told me the scores are posted at either 5am or 5pm.

:scared:

This information is from my premed listserv e-mail:

Scores are expected to be released for the May 11 administration of the
Medical College Admission Test at approximately 5 pm Eastern time today. If
we experience any significant delay, we will write to you again.

Hope this helps us to do smthg else in the meantime rather that checking every mins.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
A friend of mine called the AAMC and verified that they "are required to post the scores today". They were scheduled to be released at 5:00 PM Eastern, but apparently due to a high number of people who took the test on May 11th, they had to push back the time.

I guess we can expect to get them sometime tonight.

i just called customer service and after waiting on hold for about 30 minutes, they said they couldn't load the scores due to some technical difficulty... so they won't be coming out until tomorrow. i'm livid

So much for my earlier post. I checked for my score and saw a message indicating that the new release date is tomorrow (June 14th). And they also wrote "tentative", like they might not have it done by then. Looks like I'll be near a computer tomorrow.

I took the exam May 16th and I also have the same message that tentative release is June 14th. I wonder if I won't have to wait until friday?? :confused: I'm guessing its just a general message, but a girl can hope.

It states at the beginning of the thread its for serious discussion and scores. Those who lurk know the rules from previous threads. I was only stating that to remind people to not start posting random stuff. Usually there is a countdown thread and then a score thread. You can post in the countdown thread here

Relevant information to the release of scores isn't considered witty banter and of course is permitted. ;)

I took the exam May 16th and I also have the same message that tentative release is June 14th. I wonder if I won't have to wait until friday?? :confused: I'm guessing its just a general message, but a girl can hope.

I have the same message after taking them May 25th. Could the glitch in posting be because they decided to do all of May together? I doubt it, and I still don't know if I hope to get mine tomorrow.

I just called AAMC, and despite what the message says when we log into AAMC/MCAT, the May 16th scores will be released June 15th...not June 14th like it says. =(

I sent an email last night and they have replied saying marks for May 11 exam ***WILL***be up SOMETIME today.

Called AAMC. They said the 5/16 scores will "hopefully" be up before the weekend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guess I'll post mine...

Section Score Percentile_____
Verbal Reasoning 12 94.2 - 97.9
Physical Sciences 12 89.1 - 94.4
Writing Sample Q 70.2 - 88.3
Biological Sciences 12 88 - 94.5
Total Score 36Q 95.2 - 96.7

SO happy :D

31O
8 VR
11 PS
12 BS

Is the 8 in verbal going to hurt me? I have an awesome letter of recommendation from a speech professor btw.

31R
10PS, 11VR, 10BS

i got exactly the score i didn't want. it was exactly at the cutoff where i wasn't sure whether or not i'd retake. and only three points higher than i began with with my diagnostic. what to do, what to do?

VR - 11
PS - 11
BS - 10
Total: 32O

A little upset with my bio score, but otherwise, I can't complain :)

Do not rush to retake too soon. You will probably need more than 4 weeks to see any significant improvement. If you are bent on retaking, aim for august. Your application might be a bit late, but you can make it up with a killer score. I once saw the dean of admissions for UFCOM speak, and he said the same. They had a guy with a 41 apply on the deadline, and they accepted him.

how do i release my scores to AMCAS?? it says my scores aren't loaded...lol i'm too excited to think!

I can't believe I got an 11 in PS. That was the one section I was sure I got a 2.

And I only got a 10 in BS, which I thought was easy as hell.

C'est la vie.

January 2007: 35Q
May 2007: 34M

WTF is up with my writing this time? I felt like I wrote better essays...boy was I wrong. So I tried again to match my AAMC practice average of 38 and I ended up doing worse. Will schools look down on this "downward trend"? They'll probably question my judgment and decision making skills and determine they don't want me making any life-or-death decisions... Damn it, now I have to tell all those people that told me not to retake that they were right. I hope this doesn't affect my performance on my final in biochem 2morrow :scared:

WTF is up with my writing this time? I felt like I wrote better essays...boy was I wrong. So I tried again to match my AAMC practice average of 38 and I ended up doing worse. Will schools look down on this "downward trend"? They'll probably question my judgment and decision making skills and determine they don't want me making any life-or-death decisions... Damn it, now I have to tell all those people that told me not to retake that they were right. I hope this doesn't affect my performance on my final in biochem 2morrow :scared:

Why would you retake with a 35Q? Most people would kill for that.

Eh, you may get asked about it during an interview, but I doubt it. I don't even think that the difference is significant. What's the SD on the test, like +/- 2, or something? I wouldn't sweat over it too much, especially about your WS. Just write good essays when you apply; schools tend not to pay much attention to the WS for the most part.

I've heard that statistically, there is a likelihood of a score going down on a retake, but I don't have the source to verify that. Anyway, I wouldn't sweat it too much, your score is still awesome.

Hon, you don't need to worry about your MCAT scores hurting your app. Both of your scores are superior, and statistically they are basically equal. There is no "downward trend" to worry about, and no one will think that you have no business going to medical school because you "only" scored a 34 on the MCAT. Get off SDN now and go study for your final. ;)

Oh, and I don't know why anyone would have advised you to retake with a 35. :confused: In the future, don't listen to this person any more, because they gave you *very* bad advice.

congrats to you all!!! i only wish my luck turns out the same with the may 25th MCAT :scared:

sorry to be obnoxious, but i was wondering if when you post your scores you might be able to re-state what parts you felt were hard and how you did vs. how you FELT you did on those respective sections...? thanks!!!

PS 8
VR 10
BS 10
Writing S

I was surprised at the verbal and bio, I usually have scored much better on them in practice tests (12s). I know I suck at physics, so this wasn't too surprising. I wish I could have gotten a 29 at least.

Any opinions about the retake?

Congrats to everyone! That test was grueling, so there is no doubt those scores are 100% earned. I'll post up mine later tonight (I refuse to check while I am alone, haha).

I just found out my scores, not too good.
VR : 4 :(
PS : 12
BS: 11
Total :27L
Should i retake or not? English is my second language.
But my VR score was around 6-8 in practice tests. I am not so sure I can improve my VR much.
Help please!!

Happy about the total, concerned about the balance...

36Q
10 PS
12 VS
Q WS
14 BS

Do you think the 10 in PS will hurt me too much? I really don't want to retake the exam, but I know balance is important. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

36Q
10 PS
12 VS
Q WS
14 BS

Do you think the 10 in PS will hurt me too much? I really don't want to retake the exam, but I know balance is important. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

From what I hear, adcoms typically expect PS to be the worst section, and BS to be the best. With a score like that, I would not retake if I were you unless you had 9 or lower in PS (which you obviously don't).

36Q
10 PS
12 VS
Q WS
14 BS

Good god, don't you dare even THINK of re-taking! Your scores are great.

For those of you with scores that are actually borderline, I started a new thread to discuss whether to re-take. Feel free to use my tips or add more thoughts and questions of your own.

i got a 11ps 9p and 11bs and an M will the M hurt me? 31M total

I have heard constantly from different sources including someone in their 1st year internship that Adcoms don't really pay much attention to the WS score unless it is under K. The former being a bad thing(probably still not much if other scores are solid) or the latter being exceptional. For the most part it is only there to tire you for the biological sciences section of the test.

Ugh, threads like these really make want to punch anyone who got a 32+ and is wondering, "Should I retake????????? I got a 36P but the ADCOMs might not like my 10VR and the P! Damn that writing sample!"

I did 1 point worse then I did before... I am going to cry. I didn't break a 30.

Total: 30N
PS: 11
VR: 9
BS: 10

I felt pretty confident on PS, the most confident on BS, and had no clue on VR lol

PS 12 VR 8 BS 13 WR M Total= 33M

O, the irony. I remember walking out of that test feeling like I bombed PS and did pretty bad on bio. I called my friend telling him I finished the VR and felt like it was my best section. This score looks like one of my practice tests... I hit 34s and 35s on practice whenever I had a decent verbal. I guess May 11 was not my VR day....

Man, I am a native english speaker... Advice please.

I am happy with the overall but upset about the VR and WR..... I think I will apply with this. I sort of feel like retaking, but I'm feeling like it will be totally worthless unless I can for sure get a 10 on the VR and write better. DAMN WRITING SAMPLE! It is seriously there just to screw you over.

Ugh, threads like these really make want to punch anyone who got a 32+ and is wondering, "Should I retake????????? I got a 36P but the ADCOMs might not like my 10VR and the P! Damn that writing sample!"

I agree with what you are saying. But I have an M on my writing sample and a not so good VR. I really am unbalanced. :(