**Official** Temple Class of 2014 Acceptance!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same for me Dentite, no new email as of yet and check has not been cashed.

Members don't see this ad.

email from Temple saying they finally got the payment and additional $500 is due by April 1st. :p
I guess this makes it official. Congrats Class of 2014!

I got accepted on the 22nd of December (interview Dec. 1st). I am really excited.
Me and my wife will be coming from California, and I was wondering if anyone could give us some advice about relocating.

Members don't see this ad :)
email from Temple saying they finally got the payment and additional $500 is due by April 1st. :p
I guess this makes it official. Congrats Class of 2014!

It was nice to finally receive that email!

I got accepted on the 22nd of December (interview Dec. 1st). I am really excited.
Me and my wife will be coming from California, and I was wondering if anyone could give us some advice about relocating.

Congrats! Try running a search for the previous year's acceptance thread, there is a lot of info about housing, places to live, ect. I believe that thread had someone relocating from California as well.

Has anyone else sent in their deposit and not receive a confirmation email?

I haven't. But I called and they said to give it a couple days.

I was accepted into temple as an out-of-state student. I was just wondering what the whole situation is with claiming residency in philadelphia. How hard is it to claim residency? I have heard that it has become harder for out-of-staters to claim residency in phil. Will buying a house and living with spouse who works in phil be enough to claim residency?

Check out your acceptance letter. There is a section with a link that covers this. The process seems a little drawn out, but claiming residency is possible under the right circumstances.

I know an upperclassman that was able to claim residency under those circrumstances... He bought a house and his wife worked full time. I think it took like a year to get though.

As far as relocating... It kind of depends on much you have to move.

You can either use a UHaul and drive it yourself and tow your car.OR you can use a company like ABF where they drop off a truck you load it, they haul it. If you are looking at Uhaul remember that driving here from the west will cost $$ for toll roads, food, hotel, and gas. As far as finding an apartment. Most people live out in roxborough, but you can live anywhere close really. Check craigslist too though.

i was accepted a few weeks ago and definitely going!

ahh, i interviewed last week...i'm so anxiious to find out that i can't sit still at work.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just an FYI I saw like 6-8 people interviewing yesterday

TEMPLE 2014 HERE!!!!!!!

I'M SO EXCITED, IT ISNT EVEN A JOKE!!!

Congratulations to all, and I look forward to meeting all of you in August!!!!!!

Just got accepted today! I feel like such a late bloomer finally joining in on this thread! Super excited to meet you all though. Did I miss anything important? You all didn't already get t-shirts and come up with secret handshakes, right? ;)

Congrats to you both. Now chill until school starts. Don't do anything.

Doesn't look like this is a very active thread, but I wanted to let you incoming freshman know that me and another D2 rent a house on the eastern edge of manayunk, in Wissahickon. Its a fantastic neighborhood and its only 15 min from school (25 during rush hour). We have two room vacancies coming up this summer, probably one in June/July and one in August. The bedrooms are small, but liveable, and the house is great. We have two full baths, a large living room, a formal dining room, and nice kitchen with plenty of storage. We have a yard out back with a fire pit and a great view. The two bedrooms rent for 480. We're in a quiet part of manayunk, so we have plenty of parking, and the landlords are great. We have a cat and a dog so if you're afraid of animals or have severe allergies this probably isn't for you, but if you have a pet we can certainly talk to the landlord about it because our lease does allow for animals. Other tidbits: central air and heat in every room, hardwood floors downstairs, and we're only two blocks from the Wissahickon train station (kalos st). We're both male, but we have a female roommate now and we'd be happy to get another. Also, living in manayunk will put you pretty close to most of your classmates, which is always a plus. We're a short and easy drive to all the popular apartment complexes, but we're cheaper and closer to school (by about 15 min).

If you want any more info or pictures just send me an email to [email protected] or call me at 252 671 3992. I'll try to check back here every once in a while, but I'm not here often so an email would be better.

thanks, and good luck with everything
Will Bell temple dental class of 2012

Last edited:
Congrats to you Peeps going to Temple.

Me and my friend are living in the city in or around the Art Museum. Were looking for 1-2 maybe 3 more kids to live with so its much cheaper and so we can get a sweet, big, cheap, place.

Im going to be a Third Year (male) and my roomate who im going to live with is going to be a Second Year in Hygiene school (She is a female). Me and her are NOT boyfriend/girlfriend so it wont be awkward, but if anyone is interested PM me. (Males or Females are welcome, We dont care).

If you have any other questions regarding Temple, Philly, or other living situations hit me up. You must like beer or alcohol to apply though, gunners are welcome too, even though we dont like them (Ive been told I am one).

Doesn't look like this is a very active thread, but I wanted to let you incoming freshman know that me and another D2 rent a house on the eastern edge of manayunk, in Wissahickon. Its a fantastic neighborhood and its only 15 min from school (25 during rush hour). We have two room vacancies coming up this summer, probably one in June/July and one in August. The bedrooms are small, but liveable, and the house is great. We have two full baths, a large living room, a formal dining room, and nice kitchen with plenty of storage. We have a yard out back with a fire pit and a great view. The two bedrooms rent for 480. We're in a quiet part of manayunk, so we have plenty of parking, and the landlords are great. We have a cat and a dog so if you're afraid of animals or have severe allergies this probably isn't for you, but if you have a pet we can certainly talk to the landlord about it because our lease does allow for animals. Other tidbits: central air and heat in every room, hardwood floors downstairs, and we're only two blocks from the Wissahickon train station (kalos st). We're both male, but we have a female roommate now and we'd be happy to get another. Also, living in manayunk will put you pretty close to most of your classmates, which is always a plus. We're a short and easy drive to all the popular apartment complexes, but we're cheaper and closer to school (by about 15 min).

If you want any more info or pictures just send me an email to [email protected] or call me at 252 671 3992. I'll try to check back here every once in a while, but I'm not here often so an email would be better.

thanks, and good luck with everything
Will Bell temple dental class of 2012

If you want to live in manayunk hit this kid up, he just got a new hair cut. Ladies, you will go nuts.

bumpin this up. anyone else plan to live in the city?

Yesssir, center city area. Did you find anything yet?? From what I gather it seems about a month or so early as of yet. Are you familiar at all with the philly subway (orange line i think)?

Yesssir, center city area. Did you find anything yet?? From what I gather it seems about a month or so early as of yet. Are you familiar at all with the philly subway (orange line i think)?

if you dont want to transfer in the subway, live off the broad st line.

Broad and walnut, chestnut, race, spring garden, lombard, south. All those intersecting streets are good places to live. Dont live north of Girard and not sure about what not to live south of. Hope that helps. Areas to look for on craigslist would be center city or rittenhouse or south street. All good areas.

Hi All,

Congrats to all those who have been accepted to Temple, and good luck to those still waiting to hear! I am a Drexel Med alumna and am renting out my condo. I have lived there for 7 years throughout med school and residency, and honestly feel that it is the ideal place to live during med school. It is super convenient to Temple, downtown Philly, and Manayunk (where there are fabulous restaurants, shopping, and bars). My condo is also the perfect place for quiet studying. Please see the link below for more info and PM me with any questions!

Good luck!

http://pattyproperties.vflyer.com/home/flyer/home/33866001