***Official UIC Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% not what it means. I spoke with admissions, it just means admissions has not gotten to our apps yet to make any type of decision.

MOST IMPORTANTLY- no one has been rejected who has interviewed.

This was a great phone call I made. It eased me up 10 fold. They were very nice and addressed my concerns!

LET US KEEP OUR HEADS UP!!!!

I was accepted today, but I will be giving up my seat. Hopefully one of you will get a nice email soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
100% not what it means. I spoke with admissions, it just means admissions has not gotten to our apps yet to make any type of decision.

MOST IMPORTANTLY- no one has been rejected who has interviewed.

This was a great phone call I made. It eased me up 10 fold. They were very nice and addressed my concerns!

LET US KEEP OUR HEADS UP!!!!
hopefully. finger crossed. :xf:

Reactions: 1 user
OMG!!!!! 5 minutes ago I was sad thinking I wouldn't hear anything from UIC until maybe next month or not at all ..I got in email notification 10:30 CT

now it's decision time between UIC, SIU or MW-IL or University of Minnesota. I havent heard anything from NYU or MOSDOH yet

I really wanted an acceptance from UIC because it is my state school but after having so many options I feel blessed but at the same time it's a big responsibility . So far UIC is my top choice

Holy cow congrats on all the acceptances!!!! Def update us if you plan to attend UIC!!!

Just got an interview invite here. I'm OOS.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone. I am currently a D1 at UIC COD. Congratulations on the acceptances! We have made a Facebook group for the incoming Class of 2021. The group is intended for you to meet your fellow classmates and ask any questions you might have.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/235388503540815/

Does anyone know how many OOS people they interview and accept? I'm at work on my phone so I can't really search for it right now. I said this before but I got a post December interview, so I want to roughly know my possible chances.

to all those accepted, will you be attending UIC for sure?

I was accepted today, but I will be giving up my seat. Hopefully one of you will get a nice email soon!

Thank you kindly for informing us of your decision and congratulations on your multiple acceptances!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The more and more that I see these ridiculous costs of attendance, the more I am excited to attend this school next year :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many OOS people they interview and accept? I'm at work on my phone so I can't really search for it right now. I said this before but I got a post December interview, so I want to roughly know my possible chances.

They have a document on their website with breakdown of every type of candidate and their interview and acceptance stats!

I think last year 19 interviewed OOS, with 4-5 acceptance or maybe more offers and then 4-5 enrollment. You'd have to verify in their site

Will be giving up UIC interview spot. Good luck, hopefully someone can take my interview spot.

Has anyone heard anything from UIC?

Will be giving up UIC interview spot. Good luck, hopefully someone can take my interview spot.

That's a mighty fine lookin signature you got there!
Congrats on your decision for SIU!!!

to my understanding, UIC doesn't reject candidates who have interviewed correct? if you're not accepted, are you automatically put on the alternate list?

It did say in the email "The waitlist is for DMD applicants who were interviewed and is by invitation only. Not all candidates that were interviewed have been approved for the alternate/wait list" however based on the posts in this thread it seems that no one has been rejected, with interview.

to my understanding, UIC doesn't reject candidates who have interviewed correct? if you're not accepted, are you automatically put on the alternate list?

It did say in the email "The waitlist is for DMD applicants who were interviewed and is by invitation only. Not all candidates that were interviewed have been approved for the alternate/wait list" however based on the posts in this thread it seems that no one has been rejected, with interview.
i had an interview but they didn't put me on waitlist. on AADSAS portal, i still have Invited for Interview status. neither rejected nor waitlisted. don't know what to expect. i think waitlist is by invitation only??

i had an interview but they didn't put me on waitlist. on AADSAS portal, i still have Invited for Interview status. neither rejected nor waitlisted. don't know what to expect. i think waitlist is by invitation only??

when was your interview? maybe they haven't reviewed/made a decision on your app yet.

I have the same situation.

Between UIC, Midwestern U, and SIU which would you pick and why? Any insight is helpful! Thank you.

Interviewed September 18th. Waitlisted December 1st. Accepted Decemebr 14th via email

Can anyone explain the interview? I have an interview coming up on the 12th of Jan and want to be as prepared as possible.
So any suggestions and such??

UIC vs. Marquette? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Just speaking as an MU alum, school is beautiful.. Def a bias

Marquette is amazing... went there for undergrad would love to go back for dental school

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For those of you who interviewed in December, do any of you guys remember when they said that they were going to get back to us?

Might've been the only one on here to get one today!

Possibly! But I think more acceptances will be sent soon since the first deposit deadline just passed! I hope we can be classmates :)

Does anyone know when a second round goes out?

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.