***Official UIC Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm spitballing, I don't have any actual information, but it seems like the class might be filled. I don't think it is, but it really seems like it
No I think that's a good guess. I'm hoping some OOS still get accepted to their state schools.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm spitballing, I don't have any actual information, but it seems like the class might be filled. I don't think it is, but it really seems like it
Let's hope you're wrong. But can I ask why you think that? Just curious.

Let's hope you're wrong. But can I ask why you think that? Just curious.

Yea, & hope I am wrong. I had been told they were maybe going to give offers end of
January, I haven't heard anyone say they got accepted, and then I remember during interviews I think like 6-10 spots are for GPPA and PhD students. 5-6 for OOS, the rest are regular spots.

I believe they said they sent about 60 offers on dec. 1st then I have seen 1 or two acceptances after. I think they have to be close to it.

I am set on my school, but would like IS option just in case I financially switch minds.
**havent talked to admissions in a few weeks**

Members don't see this ad :)
A good portion of the schools have filled their seats at this point, so I feel it is safe to assume UIC has as well. Try to remember that on April 1st, they will find out where all of their students have reserved seats. So if someone reserved a seat a two schools, one being UIC, and they decide not to attend UIC, that is an open seat. Unless you're not on the alternate list, don't lose hope yet. Additional offers go out in early April to fill the seats that open up due to people choosing another school.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 1/12 and accepted 1/24, but will be turning down my IS offer for Marquette. Keep your heads up, I'm sure there will be some more spots opening up soon

Reactions: 3 users
The class has been filled, I have received an email confirming it.

I emailed asking about the class, and I was replied that it was full. Sorry I didn't clarify.
No worries. Hasn't the class been "filled" since January? I know of at least 1 person that was accepted and hasn't taken the offer yet so maybe there will still be movement...

No worries. Hasn't the class been "filled" since January? I know of at least 1 person that was accepted and hasn't taken the offer yet so maybe there will still be movement...

That I am not sure. I would assume some movement may occur.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't be discouraged! During my interview I met a UIC student that was accepted the day after orientation. There will definitely be movement

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any OOS still waiting to hear back with an interview?

Any OOS still waiting to hear back with an interview?
I am OOS, interviewed in January, and made the waitlist. Still waiting to hear back. There's a chance obviously that they'll pull from the waitlist yet but my hopes are low.

Edit: or did you mean waiting for an interview?

I am OOS, interviewed in January, and made the waitlist. Still waiting to hear back. There's a chance obviously that they'll pull from the waitlist yet but my hopes are low.

Edit: or did you mean waiting for an interview?

Yeah waiting for an interview not with an interview

I just got an email about being placed on the alternate list. Do most people get placed on the alternate list who were not accepted after interview? Interviewed end of Jan

i am oos and i too am waiting to be taken off the waitlist! I interviewed post december as well! I am between UIC and VCU! i have no idea which to pick if i was accepted into UIC!

I just got an email about being placed on the alternate list. Do most people get placed on the alternate list who were not accepted after interview? Interviewed end of Jan
I interviewed at the beginning of December and didn't get put on the alternate list. I would say that those who end upon the alternate list are those that they really liked during the interviews, not enough to extend an initial offer, but too much to toss out. I also have no idea how large the alternate pool is, or if it is ranked. Congratulations on making it to the next step.

Anyone heard anything on when there will be news as to any movement, or are they still saying April?

I'll be giving up my IN STATE seat at UIC. Good luck to those on the waitlist/alternate list!

Reactions: 4 users
What is everyone doing about housing? Any recommendations near the school?

What is everyone doing about housing? Any recommendations near the school?
I just got my acceptance letter today (was originally waitlisted)! I currently live walking distance from the dental school and will likely be looking for roommates to move in July. Pm me for details!

Last edited:
I was also accepted yesterday (originally waitlisted). I am in-state and interviewed on 1/18.

Congratulations! That's awesome - how did you follow up with UIC once you were waitlisted?

I didn't follow up at all. Maybe if your transcript gets updated it would be worth following up but I'm not sure it does much good to badger the admissions office.

Reactions: 1 users
I got conditional acceptance into the class of 2022 through the College of Dentistry Post-Baccalaureate Program and will decline the offer. Too much room for error in that year-long program and you can't apply to any schools in the next application process for uncertain acceptance into the class of 2022.

I got conditional acceptance into the class of 2022 through the College of Dentistry Post-Baccalaureate Program and will decline the offer. Too much room for error in that year-long program and you can't apply to any schools in the next application process for uncertain acceptance into the class of 2022.
I didn't know uic has such thing. thanks for info.

So, please don't take this the wrong way - but I assume the Post Bac Program is to prepare you for actual Dental school, no? If you are not confident in the success of passing that, aren't you worried about passing dental school? I don't mean to be sarcastic just trying to understand. I also didn't realize UIC had such a thing. Or are you just concerned with having to pass up other schools that may come along after you commit to the Post Bac program. Do other schools have that?

I didn't know uic has such thing. thanks for info.
I was also accepted into this program. It is for people who are from underrepresented populations. From what I can find they take around 10-15 into this program. Seems like a solid program to me because you take 21-23 credit hours over two semesters but tuition and books are paid for. Getting at least a 3.0 plus a few other requirements guaranteed acceptance into the following class.

I was also accepted into this program. It is for people who are from underrepresented populations. From what I can find they take around 10-15 into this program. Seems like a solid program to me because you take 21-23 credit hours over two semesters but tuition and books are paid for. Getting at least a 3.0 plus a few other requirements guaranteed acceptance into the following class.
Sounds decent. Are you accepting this offer?

I also was accepted into this program. However, I have an offer at another school that doesn't have me doing a year contingency program so I'm probably going to decline as well. It's just an entire additional year in the way before becoming a dentist, additional expenses and feels like they have you jumping through hoops as this is the first update on the status of my application since December as well (not accepted, waitlisted or rejected).

So, please don't take this the wrong way - but I assume the Post Bac Program is to prepare you for actual Dental school, no? If you are not confident in the success of passing that, aren't you worried about passing dental school? I don't mean to be sarcastic just trying to understand. I also didn't realize UIC had such a thing. Or are you just concerned with having to pass up other schools that may come along after you commit to the Post Bac program. Do other schools have that?
Marquette has a similar program that I was also placed in. It's only a summer and they pay for your books, housing, attire and food. After you complete the summer, you attend dental school with the class of students you applied to, rather than waiting a whole year.

My concern came from paying for a year of schooling and housing in Chicago. Unfortunately my household makes too much for me to qualify for scholarships, so it will all have to be covered in loans. UIC was not high enough on my dental list to pay for classes I've already taken and expensive housing accommodations that don't count toward my 4 years of dental school. And if something goes wrong at any point in the program, I have to wait another year to apply to schools because they drop your aid if you apply to other schools.

My concern came from paying for a year of schooling and housing in Chicago. Unfortunately my household makes too much for me to qualify for scholarships, so it will all have to be covered in loans. UIC was not high enough on my dental list to pay for classes I've already taken and expensive housing accommodations that don't count toward my 4 years of dental school. And if something goes wrong at any point in the program, I have to wait another year to apply to schools because they drop your aid if you apply to other schools.

You must have missed part of the email, all tuition and books are covered for the post-bac program at UIC. You're just responsible for fees and housing

You must have missed part of the email, all tuition and books are covered for the post-bac program at UIC. You're just responsible for fees and housing
Yes that part was missed through my quick read of the procedures, but Marquette's program seemed to be a much better offer even so and that is what I chose to go with. It being my first-choice school.

In short, it seems as though those who are rejecting the offer are doing so because they had other offers. I had other offers that I will pursue and someone who really wanted to attend UIC can have the spot I was given. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, do you think it's worth the money to apply to UIC as OOS?
How competitive is it?

Hey guys, do you think it's worth the money to apply to UIC as OOS?
How competitive is it?
They give extreme preference to in-state students (70 of the 72 accepted students from a previous class were in-state) so it's probably not worth it. Though the decision is yours if you have good enough credentials.

Did anyone get an interview with a DAT score of 18 AA? I'm applying for fall of 2018 cycle. I received an email that my application is complete on Sept. 1st but I haven't heard back about an interview
Any advice is helpful!
Science GPA from undergrad is good and I have work experience as a hygienist but just worried about below avg DAT score

Status
Not open for further replies.