***Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those who received the invite, was your application "under review" on the portal? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I did not receive an invite today, unfortunately, despite early june submission, 4.0, 21/20/20, good ECs, and OOS... my portal has been sitting on "application complete" instead of "under review" although my materials were in and fees were paid over two months ago. Is this the same for everyone?

Reactions: 1 user
To those who received the invite, was your application "under review" on the portal? Thank you!

I did not receive an invite today, unfortunately, despite early june submission, 4.0, 21/20/20, good ECs, and OOS... my portal has been sitting on "application complete" instead of "under review" although my materials were in and fees were paid over two months ago. Is this the same for everyone?

Mine was just app complete the whole time. Don't lose hope yet! It's still so early.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was just app complete the whole time. Don't lose hope yet! It's still so early.
Whew thats a relief! I guess patience is a virtue =) thank you!!

Anyone who would like to share a room on Sep.10? I got an interview on Sep.11

Did anyone receive an interview confirmation after replying to their email?

Did anyone receive an interview confirmation after replying to their email?
I wanted to know this as well. I replied with my interview date but haven't gotten a confirmation from them.

I will be there on 9/18! If any of you other guys want to split the cost of a room on the night of 9/17 and maybe 9/16 too, message me!

I ended up getting my confirmation on Tuesday after emailing my response late on Friday, for those above who were wondering.

I will be there on 9/18! If any of you other guys want to split the cost of a room on the night of 9/17 and maybe 9/16 too, message me!

I ended up getting my confirmation on Tuesday after emailing my response late on Friday, for those above who were wondering.
Those stats tho....

Interview invite :)
Date notified: Today (9/25) by email
oGPA: 3.99
sGPA: 4.00
DAT: 24AA/24TS/22PAT; none below 22
App complete: 9/2

Interview! OOS
Date notified: 8/25
App complete: 7/6
oGPA: 3.62
sGPA: 3.42
DAT: 24AA/21TS/23PAT
Interview date confirmed today for 9/18! I'm so excited!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email saying that my 16 RC was too low. Oh well...you win some and lose some.

This is a great school and good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 5 users
Got an email saying that my 16 RC was too low. Oh well...you win some and lose some.

Sorry to hear that but best of luck at other schools!

Sorry to hear, and wish you the best of luck....Did your AADSAS status change?

It's all good! Still have interviews at other great schools! No, my addsas did not change. I know someone else who also got this email, so if you didn't get it, then that's good news :)
I don't think they rejected you but probably told you to retake before November/December. I guess basically it is a rejection since you won't be taking the DAT.

D1 @ Pitt here.

Congrats to all who got interviews. To those who haven't heard back yet, don't lose hope. Some of my best friends got accepted in the Spring. We've got a while to go.

Feel free to ask me anything, guys. I love this program a ton, so I will do absolutely everything I can to answer your questions about the school and life here.

Last edited:
D1 @ Pitt here.

Congrats to all who got interviews. To those who haven't heard back yet, don't lose hope. Some of my best friends got accepted in the Spring. We've got a while to go.

Feel free to ask me anything, guys. I love this program a ton, so I will do absolutely everything I can to answer your questions about the school and life here.
Hey incis0r,

What is the interview format like/just the day in general?

Thanks!

Hey incis0r,

What is the interview format like/just the day in general?

Thanks!

Format consists of 2 separate 1 on 1 interviews, and then you go to lunch with a third interviewer. All interviewers are faculty members.

It's very relaxed, not intense at all. All of my interviewers were absolute geniuses and yet extremely humble.

Overall, day was great. Interview day includes your standard things: presentations, talk about the financials, tour, Q+A with dental students, etc.

Reactions: 2 users
anyone know what the average stats are for Pitt? Thanks!

D1 @ Pitt here.

Another question for you,
I was just wondering if you could share with us why you love Pitt and what the main factors were in convincing you to choose to go there for dental school.
Thanks!

Another question for you,
I was just wondering if you could share with us why you love Pitt and what the main factors were in convincing you to choose to go there for dental school.
Thanks!

So many reasons I love this school.

1) LOTS of opportunity to get involved.
  • Volunteer (we've got a special program called SCOPE just for it)
  • Conduct research (several friends of mine got paid $3,000+ to conduct research and learn from faculty over the summer before D1, and then during orientation one of the heads of research came up and strongly encouraged us all to get involved in our educations by participating in research).
  • Dental service trips - planning to go on one my D2 year.
  • Clubs/organizations - ASDA, new ADEA chapter opening, military dental students club, etc.
2) Sooooo many curriculum options. You can personalize your education here.
  • Selectives are courses you can take in nearly every department and they range from extra time in the AEGD clinic to more time in our anesthesiology clinic, etc.
  • ACT ARCO track - if you think you might want to teach.
  • Certificate in public health - totally free, and you get it within your 4 yrs along with your DMD
  • DMD/MPH - again, totally free. Again, within 4 yrs. Competition is tough for this one though. We were told typically only one person gets it.
  • Research options abound (including selectives).
  • Want to work in special needs? We have one of the foremost special needs clinics. People travel to get treated here, it's a really great educational opportunity to contribute to your future patients.
  • Want to get involved in Anesthesiology? Pitt is one of the FEW programs to have this.
3) Awesome awesome awesome resources
  • We get lectures recorded/uploaded online (for the most part).
  • Free tutoring in nearly every subject if you want it.
  • Up to date on tech (have CAD/CAM, etc.)
  • State of the art library system
  • Our computer labs are beautiful.
4) Collaborative school culture
  • Upperclassmen are super helpful. One of my friends, a D4, came in on her SATURDAY NIGHT and spent two hours with me because I was struggling with waxing. That's the kind of culture we have. She looked out for me, and when I'm a D2/D3/D4, I'm going to look out for the D1s. Every single upperclassman I've met is very receptive.
  • We get bigs who are amazing
  • My class has a group chat and we trade study tips, etc. We remind each other of deadlines. We support each other. That's how it should be.
5) Faculty are great and care a ton
  • One of them told us, in the beginning of our lecture series, not to worry or feel overwhelmed, and that we would slowly gain our footing.
  • Several have constantly invited our class to come up to their office and chat with them whenever we want.
6) LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION
  • In my first two weeks, I've been to a Steelers (football) game, a Pirates (baseball) game, kayaked on the rivers, biked downtown, and so much more.
  • Very affordable & QUITE SAFE area.
  • Lots of colleges nearby. Gives you opportunities to meet so many people and interact with other grad students too.
  • College football!!
  • Amazing restaurants in the area. Thai, Japanese, American, Indian, Vietnamese, whatever you want.
7) EARLY CLINICAL EXPOSURE
  • Day 1 of dental school and I was learning how to chart on Axium (electronic health record system) and take vitals
  • We get started on clinical rotations from the first week itself.
I hope you enjoyed reading my novel. I certainly enjoyed procrastinating from work and writing it, but alas, it's time to go back to studying now :p

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
Interview!
OOS
Date notified: 9/12
Interview date: 9/25
App submitted: 6/5
Materials complete: 6/14
oGPA: 4.00
DAT: 21AA/20TS/20PAT

Interview!
OOS
App submitted: 6/5
Materials complete: 6/14
oGPA: 4.00
DAT: 21AA/20TS/20PAT
Great job bro!!

So many reasons I love this school.

1) LOTS of opportunity to get involved.
  • Volunteer (we've got a special program called SCOPE just for it)
  • Conduct research (several friends of mine got paid $3,000+ to conduct research and learn from faculty over the summer before D1, and then during orientation one of the heads of research came up and strongly encouraged us all to get involved in our educations by participating in research).
  • Dental service trips - planning to go on one my D2 year.
  • Clubs/organizations - ASDA, new ADEA chapter opening, military dental students club, etc.
2) Sooooo many curriculum options. You can personalize your education here.
  • Selectives are courses you can take in nearly every department and they range from extra time in the AEGD clinic to more time in our anesthesiology clinic, etc.
  • ACT ARCO track - if you think you might want to teach.
  • Certificate in public health - totally free, and you get it within your 4 yrs along with your DMD
  • DMD/MPH - again, totally free. Again, within 4 yrs. Competition is tough for this one though. We were told typically only one person gets it.
  • Research options abound (including selectives).
  • Want to work in special needs? We have one of the foremost special needs clinics. People travel to get treated here, it's a really great educational opportunity to contribute to your future patients.
  • Want to get involved in Anesthesiology? Pitt is one of the FEW programs to have this.
3) Awesome awesome awesome resources
  • We get lectures recorded/uploaded online (for the most part).
  • Free tutoring in nearly every subject if you want it.
  • Up to date on tech (have CAD/CAM, etc.)
  • State of the art library system
  • Our computer labs are beautiful.
4) Collaborative school culture
  • Upperclassmen are super helpful. One of my friends, a D4, came in on her SATURDAY NIGHT and spent two hours with me because I was struggling with waxing. That's the kind of culture we have. She looked out for me, and when I'm a D2/D3/D4, I'm going to look out for the D1s. Every single upperclassman I've met is very receptive.
  • We get bigs who are amazing
  • My class has a group chat and we trade study tips, etc. We remind each other of deadlines. We support each other. That's how it should be.
5) Faculty are great and care a ton
  • One of them told us, in the beginning of our lecture series, not to worry or feel overwhelmed, and that we would slowly gain our footing.
  • Several have constantly invited our class to come up to their office and chat with them whenever we want.
6) LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION
  • In my first two weeks, I've been to a Steelers (football) game, a Pirates (baseball) game, kayaked on the rivers, biked downtown, and so much more.
  • Very affordable & QUITE SAFE area.
  • Lots of colleges nearby. Gives you opportunities to meet so many people and interact with other grad students too.
  • College football!!
  • Amazing restaurants in the area. Thai, Japanese, American, Indian, Vietnamese, whatever you want.
7) EARLY CLINICAL EXPOSURE
  • Day 1 of dental school and I was learning how to chart on Axium (electronic health record system) and take vitals
  • We get started on clinical rotations from the first week itself.
I hope you enjoyed reading my novel. I certainly enjoyed procrastinating from work and writing it, but alas, it's time to go back to studying now :p

May I ask where you found all of that information about the school? Was it on their website?

May I ask where you found all of that information about the school? Was it on their website?

Personal experience at my interview + talking to current students at the school

After you sent an email with your photo and reserving a date for an interview, did you guys get an email conformation. I sent my information late last night so I just am wondering if they got it and will confirm? Thank you!

Just talked with the lady in charge. She said she will sent confirmation by the end of the day with our dates.

Awesome, thank you so much!!

Just received an email confirming my interview date!

OOS
App submitted: 7/6
oGPA: 3.94
sGPA: 3.93
DAT: 28AA/30TS/25PAT

This is also my first time posting:). Looking for roommate to share a room on 9/24?

Reactions: 4 users
Just received an email confirming my interview date!

OOS
App submitted: 7/6
oGPA: 3.94
sGPA: 3.93
DAT: 28AA/30TS/25PAT

This is also my first time posting:). Looking for roommate to share a room on 9/24?

did you bring your notes into prometrics?

Reactions: 11 users
Absolutely pumped to have an interview to this school. Definitely one of my top choices!

Does anyone know whether or not Pitt waits until Decmber 1st to reject you or do they reject you earlier?

Does anyone know whether or not Pitt waits until Decmber 1st to reject you or do they reject you earlier?
Pitt has really strict cut-offs, so if you have below a 3.2GPA or below 17 on any section of the DAT its an automatic rejection. Other than that I don't think they're giving out rejections yet.

My status still says received/complete. Not under review. This the same for others?

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.