*** Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is October 29 the last pre December interview date?

Members don't see this ad.

Could anyone give insight on the interview?

I LOVED their interview set up. They call it speed dating. All 25 or so interviewees are in the same room with all 25 interviewers at the same time. Interviewers are committee members and professors. You start at one table, where your interviewer is waiting for you and chat for 15 minutes. There's a warning when there's two minutes left, and then you wrap up and immediately move on to the next table, where interviewer number 2 awaits for you. You chat for 15 minutes again, wrap up, and then repeat. You do a total of three 15 minute interviews. All open file, and in fact, my interviewers all knew my application very well, particularly my PS. Some of the interviewers jotted down notes on stuff I said, others didn't. They are mostly interested in who you are and what your goals are.

The fact that everyone is chatting side by side means the room gets a little loud, but I couldn't rally distinctly hear anyone's conversations, so it wasn't distracting, and I actually found it comforting that everyone else was around lol.

If you got any questions, just shoot.

Good luck !!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #5 Pitt
Residency: Ohio
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/08/18
Application complete date: 07/03/18
GPA(Science, overall): 3.64, 3.75
DAT (AA/ TS/ PAT/ Reading/ any section below a 17): 21/19/21/24/none
Interview date: October 29th

Interview #5 Pitt
Residency: Ohio
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/08/18
Application complete date: 07/03/18
GPA(Science, overall): 3.64, 3.75
DAT (AA/ TS/ PAT/ Reading/ any section below a 17): 21/19/21/24/none
Interview date: October 29th
Did you get an invite this week?

Can anyone who already interviewed provide some insight on when they left the interview? Online it says you're released around 2:30 and to allow 2 hours from the time of you flight, and my flight leaves at exactly 4:30 that evening (so I'm stressing).

Interview #3 Pitt
Residency: Indiana
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/15/18
Application complete date: 07/28/18
GPA(Science, overall): 3.8, 3.83
DAT (AA/ TS/ PAT/ Reading/ any section below a 20): 22/22/22/25/none
Interview date: TBD (available dates 11/5, 11/12, 11/19)

Reactions: 1 user
Got an invite, can someone pls tell me how much scholarship they offer this yr? It was all over the range from last yr's thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Got an invite, can someone pls tell me how much scholarship they offer this yr? It was all over the range from last yr's thread.

Was wondering the same, how do we apply for them?

From what I saw on 2022 thread, it ranged from 5k to 45k (Dean) per year. Not sure if that is the same this year. Let's be honest, 45k/yr and if you're from PA that's like 1-2k just for tuition itself...that's way too generous imo.

From what I saw on 2022 thread, it ranged from 5k to 45k (Dean) per year. Not sure if that is the same this year. Let's be honest, 45k/yr and if you're from PA that's like 1-2k just for tuition itself...that's way too generous imo.

How do we apply for the scholarships?

Was wondering the same, how do we apply for them?

Hey! They send you a link to the application after your interview day and give you a deadline for its submission. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you submit your application?
I think you've asked me this at least once somewhere else on SDN...7/25. FYI I don't think it matters I'm sure ppl have gotten invites before me even if they've submitted before/after me.

Interview tomorrow, any advice?
They call it speed dating, you go to three different interviewers, 15 minutes at each table, they know your entire application and ask about things they found interesting or want more elaboration on something. Really relaxed and nice interviewers though, great faculty.

Hi everyone! Current D1 at Pitt here just wanting to wish you all good luck as decision day is around the corner. Feel free to message me with any questions you may have :)

How long have your scholarship essays been, mines like a page and a half but don’t know if it’s too short/long or just right?

Anyone hear anything? This is around the time last year that people got calls.

I'm east coast.

On there website it does say, "Applicants are notified initially by phone, followed by written acceptance and matriculation agreements." So I guess until someone on SDN says they got call.... then that's that

Im west coast.

But in older years some people said that their status already said offer made before they ended up getting the call. Tbh I just want to find out so I can go to bed. Figured I would just stay up and "study" for finals to pass the time but I cant focus on anything at the moment. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
I'm east coast.

On there website it does say, "Applicants are notified initially by phone, followed by written acceptance and matriculation agreements." So I guess until someone on SDN says they got call.... then that's that
Im west coast.

But in older years some people said that their status already said offer made before they ended up getting the call. Tbh I just want to find out so I can go to bed. Figured I would just stay up and "study" for finals to pass the time but I cant focus on anything at the moment. :laugh:
yeah last year some people got called 11:00PST

Will they still call to reject? Do you know?
I dont think so. At the interview I think one of the administrators said that they wouldn't call to reject. If they didn't call it just meant we were supposed to keep waiting.......yay

Just got the call and was accepted! Received a $10,000 scholarship with offer.

Reactions: 2 users
Called at 10:02 with acceptance and $10,000 scholarship offer!!

Reactions: 3 users
weirdest thing just happened. Got a call from pitt and it rang once and then it said call failed. Then I waited and it said I got a voicemail. But the voicemail was only 2 second and it was just the sound of someone hanging up. Then I tried to call back and it asked me if I had my parties extension, if not I couldn't really talk to anyone. That is so frustrating man:(:(:(:(

Called at 10:39am with $10k/yr scholarship! OOS

Accepted. 11:15 am EST, OOS, interviewed late September.

Accepted with a scholarship!!

Accepted but she didn't mention any scholarship. Did she say over the phone about the scholarship?

What time are you guys getting called at and when was your interview!

Congrats to everyone who gets accepted today! Enjoy your extra free time while you can. If you guys have any questions let me or the other D1s in here know and we'll answer what we can. It's almost finals week so we may take awhile to reply. #H2P

Accepted but she didn't mention any scholarship. Did she say over the phone about the scholarship?

I am in the same boat, I did not hear anything about a scholarship offer over the phone. So I wonder if that means we aren't getting an offer initially?

Did you guys get an email comfirmation or anything confirming the submission of your scholarship application?
No email confirmation, just a confirmation on the scholarship website once I hit submit. What about you?

Does anyone know when it is safe to assume or when you know that Pitt rejects or wait lists you?

Status
Not open for further replies.