*** Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: ***Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

For those that wouldn't make a thread for themselves :rolleyes:

Link to interview prep: University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
A man is a current D1 student at Pitt and would be happy to answer any questions from incoming students about interview day or the school.

Reactions: 1 users
A man is a current D1 student at Pitt and would be happy to answer any questions from incoming students about interview day or the school.
when did you submit your application and get an interview? Thanks

Interview Date: October 5th
Residency: OOS
DAT: 23AA / 23 TS/ 26 RC
oGPA/sGPA: 3.7 / 3.7

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else not get a confirmation email after confirming interview date?

What are the clinical requirements at Pitt? And is it difficult to get patients?

What are the clinical requirements at Pitt? And is it difficult to get patients?
You'll find out plenty about that stuff on interview day but as far as I can remember from upperclassmen we don't really have requirements per se but we have competency tests. You only have to do the minimum to pass, but you can do more if you feel like you need to improve. You'll get out of dental school what you put in. As a D1 we're not in the clinics really. We have "shadowing" rotations to get introduced to the clinical areas before our D3 and 4 years. As far as the patients I'm pretty sure it's just like any school. You'll get enough patients to become good at what you need to but you get cancellations too. The people I've met in the clinics so far are really nice and helpful.

Reactions: 1 users
Generally, if someone received an interview to a school even though they submitted after you, does that mean that admissions committee has looked over your app and basically "rejected" you already? Thanks!

Does it seem like Pitt has sent a lot of Pre-Dec interview invitations yet? I've been keeping an eye out for them in the Interview thread for this cycle, and it seems like only a handful. Then again, it could be that people aren't posting there if they do

Reactions: 1 user
Would anyone be willing to share their interview experience this cycle?

Generally, if someone received an interview to a school even though they submitted after you, does that mean that admissions committee has looked over your app and basically "rejected" you already? Thanks!
Not necessarily. It's possible that the person who got the interview ahead of you had really great stats or something that really sets them apart to get an early interview. However, interviewing early isn't everything. I interviewed in November and I didn't find out about it until October. Some people interviewed in January and further into the year and still got in. Be yourself in the interview, follow up by letting Pitt know they're your first choice (if true obviously) after the interview, and just be as patient as you can. The reality is... this process is stressful.

Does it seem like Pitt has sent a lot of Pre-Dec interview invitations yet? I've been keeping an eye out for them in the Interview thread for this cycle, and it seems like only a handful. Then again, it could be that people aren't posting there if they do
I think they just aren't posting. For whatever reason your class doesn't have that many posts on here. If you look at ours (2022) there were tons of posts by this time of year.

Any way we can find out what interview dates they have already filled up? My application was complete late June (3.62 overall / 3.56 science / 23 AA / 20 TS / 20 PAT), and still nothing. Wondering if at this point my only chance is post December, if at all.

Any way we can find out what interview dates they have already filled up? My application was complete late June (3.62 overall / 3.56 science / 23 AA / 20 TS / 20 PAT), and still nothing. Wondering if at this point my only chance is post December, if at all.
When scheduling I was only offered two dates to pick from so there isn’t some portal we can check for open dates.

When scheduling I was only offered two dates to pick from so there isn’t some portal we can check for open dates.
Were you one of the early interviewees, or did you only recently get an interview invite?

I received an invite September 18 and was offered October 8 and October 15. Seems to me like they're a long way from being done with Pre-December. Also, I know of quite a few people that got rejected already. No news is good news!

I received an invite September 18 and was offered October 8 and October 15. Seems to me like they're a long way from being done with Pre-December. Also, I know of quite a few people that got rejected already. No news is good news!
Oh, so Pitt is one of those schools who will tell you once a decision is made, regardless of what it is?

They can't send out acceptances until December 3rd.
I mean, yeah obviously they have to tell you if you are accepted, and the date which they can do it is subject to ADEA rules. Same deal for wait list.

Rejection is the questionable one. In my experience with applying for jobs, most companies won't even say anything if they choose not to proceed with your application, not even a "we decided to pursue other candidates" notice, even if the rejection is final.

I mean, yeah obviously they have to tell you if you are accepted, and the date which they can do it is subject to ADEA rules. Same deal for wait list.

Rejection is the questionable one. In my experience with applying for jobs, most companies won't even say anything if they choose not to proceed with your application, not even a "we decided to pursue other candidates" notice, even if the rejection is final.

Exactly ! From my small pool of friends, it really seems like if they're not interested, they'll let you know.

Nah there's still plenty of time.

Oui, don't worry about pre-december so much. So many people were accepted post-december and everyone forgets that! You'll be fine... or you won't. Everything feels like luck anyways, so just enjoy your life. C'est la vie!

Just received an interview. Submitted my app on 6/6, 24 DAT and 3.9 GPA. Don't worry about when you apply! Many people got interviews before me that submitted months after I did. It's so random and not worth the stress!

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #3
School: University of Pittsburgh
Notification date: Oct 2
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
Mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/2
GPA (science, overall): 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/RC): 22/22/24

so all of the pre december invites have not been sent out yet?

Just received an interview invite this afternoon for October 29th

Reactions: 2 users
Notification date: 09/18/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS - GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/29/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.90, 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/28/none
Interviewing Monday, October 15th

Interview #2
Residency: Michigan
AADSAS Mail-Out Date: 06/19/18
Application Complete Date: 07/12/18
GPA(Overall, Science): 3.96, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/ PAT/ Reading/Any Section Below A 17): 20/20/23/18/None
Interview Date: September 10th

I know my interview date already passed, but I just wanted to post everything for you guys and answer any questions you guys have.

Status
Not open for further replies.