**Official UNLV Class of 2010 attendance thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bigsilvo said:
you don't have to send your 2nd deposit to get it, I just got mine yesterday. Basically its a bunch of info on immunizations, whitecoat, semester schedules, orientation, computer, etc...with a crazy summer schedule like that you'd think we'd be done in 3 years...oh well, see you all in sep.
what is the summer time frame? when does the spring semester end and the summer begin? when does summer end and fall begin...please advise :)

Members don't see this ad.

bringing this one back to life. Has everyone found a place to live yet???

I've been looking at homes to buy via the internet, but I haven't got real serious yest. Part of me is still holding out for ASDOH to call but I need to get on the ball!

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any of you guys or gals ordered the laptop yet? If so, did you get any of the available upgrades like the WXGA+ screen instead of the WXGA? Or a 60 or 80GB hard drive instead of 40GB??? Floppy drive? Bluetooth? What is bluetooth anyways??? Extra batteries??? I'm no expert on computers so I thought I better ask for a little advice. thanks in advance...!

UtahDDS said:
bringing this one back to life. Has everyone found a place to live yet???
yeah, at home! haha, no I will start looking for a place in July, that way i can move in after summer school (mid august) and be settled before school starts.

UtahDDS said:
Have any of you guys or gals ordered the laptop yet? If so, did you get any of the available upgrades like the WXGA+ screen instead of the WXGA? Or a 60 or 80GB hard drive instead of 40GB??? Floppy drive? Bluetooth? What is bluetooth anyways??? Extra batteries??? I'm no expert on computers so I thought I better ask for a little advice. thanks in advance...!

I'm not a computer expert either, but I did talk to Steve at the Dental School. He said right now dell is giving their best deal on the laptop (1199 instead of 1349 base price). He said that doesn't normally last all summer. He told me 1.83 GHz should be upgraded, the HD maybe a little atleast to 7200 RPM, and I would upgrade the Memory. These things will help your computer run faster and smoother.

Building a house off the 215. 10 minutes drive to shadowlane on a good day. Itll be done Hopefully late august or early september. I know its a late move in, but its a great location and itll be BRAND NEW!! 3 beds + loft+ 2.5 bathrooms. Im looking to hopefully rent out one of the rooms if anybody is interested message me about details. Ill be starting in september as well so maybe we can struggle together! :eek: Good luck everybody :D

superfly, did you get a good deal on your new build? Can you link to the community you purchased in? If Vegas is anything like Phoenix right now, the builders are likely offering crazy incentives to lure potential homebuyers.

I'm considering buying a home, but have been leaning toward a resale instead of a new build. I'm unsure of the Vegas market right now, though.

Ruprick said:
superfly, did you get a good deal on your new build? Can you link to the community you purchased in? If Vegas is anything like Phoenix right now, the builders are likely offering crazy incentives to lure potential homebuyers.

I'm considering buying a home, but have been leaning toward a resale instead of a new build. I'm unsure of the Vegas market right now, though.

Yeah I got some nice incentives from Richmond American back in april when we bought it. ~$20,000 towards design center costs and 3% towards closing. I was looking at both resale and new when I started, but realized I might as well go for new for around the same price. They are building like crazy over there. Of course, nothings guaranteed as far as the housing market, but what are you gonna do when you need to have housing for four years and you dont want to throw away thousands for rent that you are guaranteed to never see again.