**Official VCU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
when was the last time someone got invited for an interview? when is the possible next day they email invitations? This process is taking foreverrrrrr.... :(

anyone get an email recently from VCU? The VCU November newsletter?

it also mentioned stuff about the Dec 1 update which got me kinda hopeful lol

Reactions: 1 user
Based on past years, it doesn't seem like VCU is a very popular school among SDN, but is anyone else super excited about tomorrow morning??

I wonder what time they're going to send out emails/change the aadsas portal

Reactions: 2 users
Based on past years, it doesn't seem like VCU is a very popular school among SDN, but is anyone else super excited about tomorrow morning??

I wonder what time they're going to send out emails/change the aadsas portal

I am! It was my favorite interview experience by far.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It's different from years ago. Their stats are pretty competitive last year. 3.6 sgpa and 21 dat average is nothing to scoff at.

It's different from years ago. Their stats are pretty competitive last year. 3.6 sgpa and 21 dat average is nothing to scoff at.

Whaaat it's that high?? That's crazy.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to VCU class of 2021, email notification at 12:04am, no change in AADSAS.

Reactions: 3 users
did everyone get the email at the same time?

I interviewed on Friday, October 21, 2016.

Congratulations to those who've been accepted! I'm looking forward to meeting some of you next year.

I got the email at 12:04 AM! Interviewed in August

ACCEPTED!!
OOS (MD)
Interviewed on Sep. 30th!

Accepted!!! OOS Emailed at 12:03, interviewed sept 30. No changes to the portal yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Got an acceptance email at 12:03 AM!!! Had my interview on Friday, September 30th. This is so surreal :doctor::doctor::doctor:!!!

Interview offer for January 20, 2017. Email at 9.42 AM
Anyone else interviewing this day?

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted to school here. I'm sure I met some of you on your interviews, and although I won't be here next year when you start I wish you all the best of luck in your time at dental school.

To those who weren't accepted: don't lose hope! I myself didn't receive any acceptances until after Christmas, and didn't even interview at VCU until February. There is a long way to go yet.
Again, congrats to all. And if you have any questions, feel free to post them here or send me a PM or whatever.

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted to school here. I'm sure I met some of you on your interviews, and although I won't be here next year when you start I wish you all the best of luck in your time at dental school.

To those who weren't accepted: don't lose hope! I myself didn't receive any acceptances until after Christmas, and didn't even interview at VCU until February. There is a long way to go yet.
Again, congrats to all. And if you have any questions, feel free to post them here or send me a PM or whatever.

Question for you and I guess anyone who might have some info whether it be anecdotal or statistical:

What are the odds of getting off the wait list at VCU? Is there anything I can do at this point to increase those odds?

Question for you and I guess anyone who might have some info whether it be anecdotal or statistical:

What are the odds of getting off the wait list at VCU? Is there anything I can do at this point to increase those odds?
Odds are fairly decent if you were wait listed and not outright rejected, if you get an interview you have roughly a 30% chance of being accepted to the school. However, there isn't really anything you can do at this point other than take a deep breath and wait.

Did VCU send out waitlist emails as well as acceptance emails?

Got accepted at VCU. Interviewed in 9/30

I'm dropping my seat! This is an awesome school! Goodluck everyone.

Someone start a group facebook page for VCU dental class 2021!! Congrats!!

I just received an interview invite for January and I had a couple of questions for y'all. Does anybody have the financial aid printout from the interview or a rough CoA? Also, is it possible to get in-state tuition after one year?

Edit: I thought I'd add that I'm a MI resident and I've already been accepted to UDM and waitlisted at a couple other schools, but if VCU is cheaper I'd be very interested

Last edited:
I just received an interview invite for January and I had a couple of questions for y'all. Does anybody have the financial aid printout from the interview or a rough CoA? Also, is it possible to get in-state tuition after one year?

Edit: I thought I'd add that I'm a MI resident and I've already been accepted to UDM and waitlisted at a couple other schools, but if VCU is cheaper I'd be very interested

what day is your interview for?

You cannot bank on getting instate tuition after a year. It's very difficult as you need to prove your case in court. COA could cost as much as 400k OOS.

You cannot bank on getting instate tuition after a year. It's very difficult as you need to prove your case in court. COA could cost as much as 400k OOS.

You have to prove your case in court that you actually live there? Or that you're planning on remaining in VA? I'm not sure what the qualifications are.

You have to prove your case in court that you actually live there? Or that you're planning on remaining in VA? I'm not sure what the qualifications are.

That you are planning to stay and remain.

Does anyone have personal experience with switching residency? It seems very different from other schools who allow it and I don't know how they could objectively decide who is going to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.