**Official VCU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just turned down my interview for Friday, hopefully it's not too late for one of you to get it.

Members don't see this ad.

Just turned down my interview for Friday, hopefully it's not too late for one of you to get it.

Did you get accepted to somewhere else? Also, Don't you think it is kind of too late for them to invite someone for this Friday interview? :D

Did you get accepted to somewhere else? Also, Don't you think it is kind of too late for them to invite someone for this Friday interview? :D

I was accepted at UDM on December 1st and was waffling on this interview for a long time. I eventually decided it was about the same cost and it wasn't worth going. Even though it's pretty late I'd be surprised if they didn't offer it to someone else - if they want the spot bad enough, they'll find the time. Hopefully this will give me good karma and it will bring an interview from my state school :D

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted at UDM on December 1st and was waffling on this interview for a long time. I eventually decided it was about the same cost and it wasn't worth going. Even though it's pretty late I'd be surprised if they didn't offer it to someone else - if they want the spot bad enough, they'll find the time. Hopefully this will give me good karma and it will bring an interview from my state school :D
Congrats!!! God Bless!

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know how many students they interview per session?

I would imagine it's Jan 20th because April 1st seems a bit late for VCU. I know VCU sends out their 2nd round of acceptances some time right after their last interview. It's usually in late January or early Feb so Jan 20th being the last interview sounds about right

Please tell me they will at least go into February :( Was really hoping to get an interview from them

Please tell me they will at least go into February :( Was really hoping to get an interview from them

I don't think they do :( but you can call them on Monday and ask

Anyone have info on when the next round of acceptances go out and will Pre-dec interviewers be included in it?

Does anyone know what would be the best method to contact the admissions team with questions about your application? On their website it says not to call the admissions office to ask, so if there another way to contact them?

Does anyone know what would be the best method to contact the admissions team with questions about your application? On their website it says not to call the admissions office to ask, so if there another way to contact them?
I called them about whether they're giving out more interviews after January. They said they are pretty much done but may give out a "few more" individual invites later on. They will not comment on the status of application.

I called them about whether they're giving out more interviews after January. They said they are pretty much done but may give out a "few more" individual invites later on. They will not comment on the status of application.
Thank you! I really hope they continue to give out interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email saying I can expect to hear back about my status by the end of February. My heart skipped a beat because I thought it was a rejection email

Reactions: 5 users
Got an email saying I can expect to hear back about my status by the end of February. My heart skipped a beat because I thought it was a rejection email

Don't fret! You are going to be great. You got this

A doctor's fiance (D4 from UDM) said some students are graduating only having done 1-2 crowns. Some D3s haven't done any composites or amalgams of any kind on patients. They are having difficulty finding adequate amounts of patients for their students, is what I'm hearing on DentalTown about UDM...

Thought it was a rejection email too! so this went out to everyone who interviewed on Jan 20?

Hey guys,
I just received a rejection letter from VCU w/o interview.........
Could you guys review my application and give me some advice?

Overall GPA:3.63, Science GPA:3.65, DAT: AA22, Bio 22, Chem 21, Orgo 27, PAT 25, RC 19, QR 21
Shadowing hr: over 200, Volunteering hr: over 100 (been to couple MOM projects)
Work experience in biochem lab for 1 year and worked in family business for 3 years
Application submitted on July 25 2016.

I think being away from education setting for 4 years could have negatively affected my application, but if you guys see anything else that I could do to improve my application for next cycle, please leave me a comment.

Hey guys,

Overall GPA:3.63, Science GPA:3.65, DAT: AA22, Bio 22, Chem 21, Orgo 27, PAT 25, RC 19, QR 21
Work experience in biochem lab for 1 year and worked in family business for 3 years

I think being away from education setting for 4 years could have negatively affected my application, but if you guys see anything else that I could do to improve my application for next cycle, please leave me a comment.

To be honest, sometimes the cycle is just random. I was in a similar situation with my instate school, Michigan (no interview, very similar stats), but I somehow got an interview to VCU OOS.

Hey guys,

Are you in state or out of state?

Hey I was accepted to VCU and am really indecisive about my decision, but I narrowed it down to VCU and Temple...I'm out of state but LOVED VCU.. Do you know if out of staters can apply for in-state residency? Thanks for your help :)

To echo the advice of others, make your decision assuming you will pay out of state tuition for all 4 years. I am a D2 and my classmates are still trying to get instate tuition after starting the fight on Day 1. Some of them even own land or have jobs in Virginia and they still can't make the switch.

I am in state.

Wow that is insane I'm sorry. My stats are similar to yours and I submitted my application around the same time as you and interviewed in August. I'm trying to pinpoint why exactly you didn't get an interview:

Since you said you were out of school for 4 years, how did you obtain letters of recommendation and what do you think the quality of them were? How many of your shadowing hours were with a general dentist? Out of curiosity, did you go to community college or a state school in Virginia?

Wow that is insane I'm sorry. My stats are similar to yours and I submitted my application around the same time as you and interviewed in August. I'm trying to pinpoint why exactly you didn't get an interview:

Since you said you were out of school for 4 years, how did you obtain letters of recommendation and what do you think the quality of them were? How many of your shadowing hours were with a general dentist? Out of curiosity, did you go to community college or a state school in Virginia?
I went to VCU and I visited my professors to ask for them again. I have no doubt about the quality. I have about 150 hrs of shadowing general dentist. Hmmmm. Was really hoping for an interview.

I went to VCU and I visited my professors to ask for them again. I have no doubt about the quality. I have about 150 hrs of shadowing general dentist. Hmmmm. Was really hoping for an interview.

Good luck to you. Keep your heads up!

It sounds like you did everything right, I'm not sure why you didn't get one, especially as an in state student :( good luck on any other schools you're applying to!

No, but I think they could've handled rejecting applicants much better. It seemed a bit mean to do that without I emailing us earlier today.

I am sorry to hear this. How advance did you change your status on the portal prior to sending out email notification?

Good luck with other schools you are applying in to!!!

Same thing happened to me! LOL. Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Hey guys,

Don't be discouraged! The first time I applied to VCU, I didn't get an interview. This time, I did. They are a highly competitive school, not only to those in state, but OOS, too. Sometimes the people selected for an interview seems random, but I feel like they are looking for people who stand out, not just academically, but in their communities as well. If it is truly your dream to be a dentist (like it is mine) then you will not give up! Best of luck!

Sincerely hoping for good news from VCU!

Reactions: 2 users
Best of luck to everyone who are waiting for the final decision! Hopefully, you guys will receive satisfying result from VCU dental. And for those who didn't make it this cycle, including myself, let's have our hopes up for the next cycle. Good luck guys!!

Reactions: 1 users
Same thing happened to me! LOL. Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back!
Did you already interview with them? I got the same email, but haven't been interviewed yet.

Did you interview with them? I received the same email, but haven't interviewed yet.

Hey guys,

I applied back in August. I haven't received an interview invite, nor a rejection by email or AADSAS. I didn't receive an email telling me to wait to hear back till the end of February either. Is this a bad sign?

Hey guys,

I applied back in August. I haven't received an interview invite, nor a rejection by email or AADSAS. I didn't receive an email telling me to wait to hear back till the end of February either. Is this a bad sign?

I think VCU is done interviewing.

Hey guys,

Check your AADSAS. They rejected some people without emailing them

Hey,

I checked AADSAS and it still says received/application complete on there.

Then it likely means you're still under consideration. I know someone else said they're done with interviews (officially, I think they are done with interviews) but they did also say it's possible that they will conduct individual interviews (rather than the large group ones they've been doing) if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.