**Official VCU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted and ill likely be attending!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who got in and are in-state, can you please let me know of your stats?

Did anyone who interviewed before dec. 1st never hear back at all from VCU? I was under the assumption that I would be notified if I was waitlisted or denied admission.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who interviewed before dec. 1st never hear back at all from VCU? I was under the assumption that I would be notified if I was waitlisted or denied admission.

I asked VCU about this and they said if you didn't receive anything, you're still in the running but there is no waitlist as of now. They sorta just re-evaluate your application and compare you to post December interviewees. Basically there's a chance that you could get accepted at any time, but I'm guessing they won't send any acceptances until like January.

I have my fingers crossed since this is my #1 choice

I asked VCU about this and they said if you didn't receive anything, you're still in the running but there is no waitlist as of now. They sorta just re-evaluate your application and compare you to post December interviewees. Basically there's a chance that you could get accepted at any time, but I'm guessing they won't send any acceptances until like January.

I have my fingers crossed since this is my #1 choice

Ok cool thanks a lot! I remember them telling us that the next day that they would send out acceptances would be feb. 1st

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted to school here. I'm sure I met some of you on your interviews, and although I won't be here next year when you start I wish you all the best of luck in your time at dental school.

To those who weren't accepted: don't lose hope! I myself didn't receive any acceptances until after Christmas, and didn't even interview at VCU until February. There is a long way to go yet.
Again, congrats to all. And if you have any questions, feel free to post them here or send me a PM or whatever.

Hey I was accepted to VCU and am really indecisive about my decision, but I narrowed it down to VCU and Temple...I'm out of state but LOVED VCU.. Do you know if out of staters can apply for in-state residency? Thanks for your help :)

Hey I was accepted to VCU and am really indecisive about my decision, but I narrowed it down to VCU and Temple...I'm out of state but LOVED VCU.. Do you know if out of staters can apply for in-state residency? Thanks for your help :)

You can apply for in state but it is extremely difficult. I would say just assume you won't get it. The way it works is you have to prove that you didn't come to Virginia only for educational purposes.

One of the D4s said she married a guy who works in Virginia, paid taxes here and bought a house here as well. She didnt get instate. So yeah.....lol.

One of the D4s said she married a guy who works in Virginia, paid taxes here and bought a house here as well. She didnt get instate. So yeah.....lol.

Well damn

For those who were accepted, did you receive a letter or packet in the mail? If so, what did it include?

Last edited:
ohkay that is just straight baloney. I assumed if you married someone who maybe had a job there and sheesh if you bought a house....safe to say they want their money haha.

do you guys know if theres a Facebook page for the class? It doesn't seem like every year has had one in the past, but I thought it would be a nice to have one and useful for finding roommates as well!

What is the instate cost with everything added up for 4 years??

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the instate cost with everything added up for 4 years??

According to their calculator online, about 186k not including living expenses (im familiar with Richmond since I have a lot of friends who go to VCU and they tell me rent is about 750 a month).

the online calculator may not be fully updated, but each year is about 50k (again, not including living expenses)

Does anyone know if we have to pay for typodont teeth or is it included in your fees?

I lost the prep I made D:. Scored a 48 :laugh:

Hey guys! I wanted to start a FB group but you have to be friends with someone who will be part of the group. I don't mind making the group, but I will need someone to private message me your name so I can add you on Facebook. :thumbup:

@ncide was wondering - $17764 was given to us as an estimate for room and board, is this typically how much students will spend? also there is a $9655 estimated fee for books and supplies over 4 years - is this typical also?

For the most part you won't need to buy books directly. The upperclassmen will help you all with that aspect.

You can comfortably half the estimate for room and board if you have a roommate or two.

Is that the synthetic/plastic teeth they use for dentsim? I remember VCU saying you have to pay for each one.

$2 each but they give you several to work with for each assignment. You can buy more if you'd like more practice (I did).

well why not? its past dec 1

i think some schools don't reject until mid January when they have an idea of how full there class is from the first set of acceptances. I know memphis does this and apparently VCU I suppose.

Withdrawing my acceptance tomorrow. Goodluck!

We don't have to send a transcript directly to VCU until our final grades are in, right? For now, we just send a transcript to AADSAS?

Anyone have an idea when the next round of acceptances will get released? My impression has been that VCU only sends a certain number of acceptances December 1st and then sends a second round of acceptances later after people have submitted or declined deposits

Does anyone know if VCU is still interviewing candidates?

Does anyone know if VCU is still interviewing candidates?

I think the last day for interviews is next friday January 20th. I received an invite, and try to change the date but they said that was the only day available.

I think the last day for interviews is next friday January 20th. I received an invite, and try to change the date but they said that was the only day available.
Important dates for applicants
June 1 Earliest date to submit AADSAS applications
Mid-November Beginning of the AADSAS Academic Update period
Dec. 1* Deadline to take the DAT
Jan. 1 Application submission deadline
Mid-February Ending of the AADSAS Academic Update period
April 1 End of interview cycle

Important dates for applicants
June 1 Earliest date to submit AADSAS applications
Mid-November Beginning of the AADSAS Academic Update period
Dec. 1* Deadline to take the DAT
Jan. 1 Application submission deadline
Mid-February Ending of the AADSAS Academic Update period
April 1 End of interview cycle
Thank you!

Is everyone invited for the interview this Jan. 20th at 11:00 AM? or earlier?

Sooo is the last day for interviews Jan 20th or is it April 1st? Because Im been seeing both answers here

Sooo is the last day for interviews Jan 20th or is it April 1st? Because Im been seeing both answers here

I would imagine it's Jan 20th because April 1st seems a bit late for VCU. I know VCU sends out their 2nd round of acceptances some time right after their last interview. It's usually in late January or early Feb so Jan 20th being the last interview sounds about right

Hello, I will be attending VCU SOM as a med student this Fall. I am excited to get started and will be relocating here soon. If anyone is looking for a roommate or know anyone who is looking, please, contact me via email at [email protected]. Thanks and goodluck to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.