Ohio pharmacy internship requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

louisstudent12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the Ohio pharmacy internship requirement. Ohio requires 1500 hours of internship. Right now I am going to a pharmacy outside of Ohio and that state does not require any internship hour since my school's pharmacy students would have about 1500 hours at the end of 4th year anyway. So do my introductory practice and advanced practice (4th year) classes satisfy the 1500 hours of internship in Ohio?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question about the Ohio pharmacy internship requirement. Ohio requires 1500 hours of internship. Right now I am going to a pharmacy outside of Ohio and that state does not require any internship hour since my school's pharmacy students would have about 1500 hours at the end of 4th year anyway. So do my introductory practice and advanced practice (4th year) classes satisfy the 1500 hours of internship in Ohio?
Thanks

They actually changed the law last year (or the year before, I can't remember which) so that it's either graduation from a board-recognized accredited school OR 1500 internship hours.

Statute is the OAC 4729-3-05 and the relevant section states:

(1) Successfully graduated after December 31, 2006 with a doctor of pharmacy degree
(Pharm.D.) from a school of pharmacy approved by the “Accreditation Council for
Pharmacy Education (A.C.P.E.)” and the state board of pharmacy; or

(2) Obtained a total of at least one thousand five hundred hours of documented supervised
practical experience accepted by the state board of pharmacy which may include any
hours:...