You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State c/o 2021 Applicants
Started by mmmdreamerz
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This.wait.is.killing.me.
I couldn't agree more. At this point I just want to know so I can start thinking about what I am going to do next.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, long-time lurker and I finally joined..
But I have a question for anyone who hasn't heard anything yet:
I checked my application status in the buckeye portal back in early December, before interview notifications had been sent out. It said "decision" (rather than "pending") and said that my application was not accepted, but I got an email for an interview the next day and interviewed on the 28th. My portal decision still says denied. Has anyone else had this problem or know someone who has? Should I call admissions and ask? Only asking because everyone else on here said their decision on the portal changed to denied before interview invites were sent out and they ended up getting a poorly typed email about not getting an invite..
But I have a question for anyone who hasn't heard anything yet:
I checked my application status in the buckeye portal back in early December, before interview notifications had been sent out. It said "decision" (rather than "pending") and said that my application was not accepted, but I got an email for an interview the next day and interviewed on the 28th. My portal decision still says denied. Has anyone else had this problem or know someone who has? Should I call admissions and ask? Only asking because everyone else on here said their decision on the portal changed to denied before interview invites were sent out and they ended up getting a poorly typed email about not getting an invite..
Hi everyone, long-time lurker and I finally joined..
But I have a question for anyone who hasn't heard anything yet:
I checked my application status in the buckeye portal back in early December, before interview notifications had been sent out. It said "decision" (rather than "pending") and said that my application was not accepted, but I got an email for an interview the next day and interviewed on the 28th. My portal decision still says denied. Has anyone else had this problem or know someone who has? Should I call admissions and ask?
Yea you should probably call but I think they closed for today. Unless you want to try I would call tomorrow
Thank you 🙂Yea you should probably call but I think they closed for today. Unless you want to try I would call tomorrow
I have all my digits crossed for you guys!!! @MixedPracticeJunkie @mary.swiger @mjb458
Thanks! As of now its definitely tomorrow. Just worried cuz my interview was badI have all my digits crossed for you guys!!! @MixedPracticeJunkie @mary.swiger @mjb458
Thanks! As of now its definitely tomorrow. Just worried cuz my interview was bad
I'm sure it wasn't!
Good luck peoples.
I finally got accepted this year after numerous cycles, so believe me when I say that I understand your anxiety, frustration, and pain. I've been the person who was denied right away. I've been the person who was interviewed and denied. I've also been the person who was wait listed and next in line but ultimately denied. It all sucks, but it's all survivable. Sometimes you just have to jump through more hoops. Sometimes those hoops are on fire.
I finally got accepted this year after numerous cycles, so believe me when I say that I understand your anxiety, frustration, and pain. I've been the person who was denied right away. I've been the person who was interviewed and denied. I've also been the person who was wait listed and next in line but ultimately denied. It all sucks, but it's all survivable. Sometimes you just have to jump through more hoops. Sometimes those hoops are on fire.
Thank you! It means a lot to me! Hoping for the best.I have all my digits crossed for you guys!!! @MixedPracticeJunkie @mary.swiger @mjb458
I called and they are for sure getting back to us today. I am very nervous :/
I'm looking to move to Columbus the beginning on June (because my current lease will be up) and I was wondering if its possible for incoming vet students to get a paid job at the vet school either in the hospital or doing research? If so, where can I find these opportunities? Thank you!
So no one has heard today? It's like 1:30 when are they sending them :<
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too, rejected out of state!
Rejected, IS and interviewed.
Can some of the accepted applicants (IS or OOS) share their stats???
Sure
cGPA: 3.46
Science: 3.39
Last 45: 3.61
GRE (Q/V/W): 153/159/5.5
Around 3000 veterinary experience hours. Mostly small animal with some large animal, lab animal and exotics mixed in.
1000ish hours as a research assistant/volunteer
Thanks!- Were you IS or OOS?Sure
cGPA: 3.46
Science: 3.39
Last 45: 3.61
GRE (Q/V/W): 153/159/5.5
Around 3000 veterinary experience hours. Mostly small animal with some large animal, lab animal and exotics mixed in.
1000ish hours as a research assistant/volunteer
Thanks!- Were you IS or OOS?
No problem! I hope some of you guys hear good news today!
OOS from California
Can some of the accepted applicants (IS or OOS) share their stats???
Copied and pasted bits from the accepted 2021 thread
Just turned 23 year old female, OH resident, 1st time applicant
Bachelors in Biology
Overall GPA: 3.97
Science GPA: 3.98
Last 45 GPA: 3.98
GRE (Q/V/W): 162 (83%)/ 157 (74%)/ 4.0 (56%)
Veterinary experience:
- Intern at a small animal clinic (140 hours)
- VIDA Volunteer in Costa Rica (small animal/some exotic experience) (~60 hours)
- OSU Oncology Unit Volunteer (14 hours)
- Volunteer at a Spay and Neuter clinic (115 hours)
- Current Job: Veterinary Assistant at an emergency small animal hospital (~1300 hours to date, ~400 at time of application)
Animal experience (without a veterinarian):
- Pet Sitter (300 hours)
Research:
Nilch! I had some experience with experimental design and statistical data interpretation through a few of my classes in college, but I never actually volunteered in a lab or designed my own experiment outside of a classroom setting. I was very nervous to have this missing from my application but I guess it's possible to get in without it!
Anyone else not heard anything?! What the heck. No email, my portal still says pending.
still rooting for you !Can some of the accepted applicants (IS or OOS) share their stats???
What in tarnationYea also nothing yet.....losing hope
Should we give up hope entirely since it's after 5PM Ohio time?
lol i literally got my acceptance email (no call at all) at like 2amShould we give up hope entirely since it's after 5PM Ohio time?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
30, F, IS applicant, repeat applicant
BS Agriculture, Master of Public Health
Occupational Interest: veterinary public health, vet/med entomology
cGPA (UG + G): 3.41/3.51 (averaged retakes/replaced retakes)
sciGPA: 3.36/3.49
Last 30 (G): 3.91
GRE: 160V/155Q/4.5W
Veterinary: 1200+
(heavy on public health/government, some small animal, some equine/emergency, some vet professional association, some wildlife, some livestock)
Animals: 6000+
(4-H, zoo, rabbit/cat/dog shelters, horse rescue, equestrian camp, livestock/equine/poultry stuff from undergrad)
Research: 2800+
(swine nutrition, zoonotics/arthropod-borne diseases for Master's, public health asthma mortality study, public health entomology/mosquito surveillance projects, STD surveillance projects)
Other: 500
(seasonal retail and factory work)
BS Agriculture, Master of Public Health
Occupational Interest: veterinary public health, vet/med entomology
cGPA (UG + G): 3.41/3.51 (averaged retakes/replaced retakes)
sciGPA: 3.36/3.49
Last 30 (G): 3.91
GRE: 160V/155Q/4.5W
Veterinary: 1200+
(heavy on public health/government, some small animal, some equine/emergency, some vet professional association, some wildlife, some livestock)
Animals: 6000+
(4-H, zoo, rabbit/cat/dog shelters, horse rescue, equestrian camp, livestock/equine/poultry stuff from undergrad)
Research: 2800+
(swine nutrition, zoonotics/arthropod-borne diseases for Master's, public health asthma mortality study, public health entomology/mosquito surveillance projects, STD surveillance projects)
Other: 500
(seasonal retail and factory work)
30, F, IS applicant, repeat applicant
BS Agriculture, Master of Public Health
Occupational Interest: veterinary public health, vet/med entomology
cGPA (UG + G): 3.41/3.51 (averaged retakes/replaced retakes)
sciGPA: 3.36/3.49
Last 30 (G): 3.91
GRE: 160V/155Q/4.5W
Veterinary: 1200+
(heavy on public health/government, some small animal, some equine/emergency, some vet professional association, some wildlife, some livestock)
Animals: 6000+
(4-H, zoo, rabbit/cat/dog shelters, horse rescue, equestrian camp, livestock/equine/poultry stuff from undergrad)
Research: 2800+
(swine nutrition, zoonotics/arthropod-borne diseases for Master's, public health asthma mortality study, public health entomology/mosquito surveillance projects, STD surveillance projects)
Other: 500
(seasonal retail and factory work)
I'm interested in veterinary public health too! This makes me so excited to see a classmate with the same interest!!
I'm interested in veterinary public health too! This makes me so excited to see a classmate with the same interest!!
same
i was hoping to look into the dual mph if the work load doesn't kill me too much
Can some of the accepted applicants (IS or OOS) share their stats???
1st time, OOS
GPAs 3.7-something across the board, 314 GRE, 1200ish veterinary, 5,000 animal, 900ish research
I'm optimistic, that's great! That's the top of the waitlist! Best of luck; we're rooting for you @mjb458 !Just got the email. Waitlisted #29 OOS
I'm optimistic, that's great! That's the top of the waitlist! Best of luck; we're rooting for you @mjb458 !
Thanks so much! How much does it usually move
Thanks so much! How much does it usually move
It completely depends on the year
#19 waitlist OOS. That was surely a nail biter. I really wish it didn't take that long lol.
Hi guys I have been watching this board for a while now because I'm also applying to OSU. Been nervous and got my email today too; made an account specifically looking for some projection or comfort as to my spot!
I'm #5 on the waitlist, out of state if it matters. I'm just about beside myself with nervousness. Could someone tell me if this is good? (1st time applicant and by no means an expert on this process)
Thanks!
I'm #5 on the waitlist, out of state if it matters. I'm just about beside myself with nervousness. Could someone tell me if this is good? (1st time applicant and by no means an expert on this process)
Thanks!
I don't know the history or what is typical but I do know people who are almost certainly going to other schools but that have not declined yet. I have a feeling you are in a great position to get in this year! Crossing my fingers for you 🙂.Hi guys I have been watching this board for a while now because I'm also applying to OSU. Been nervous and got my email today too; made an account specifically looking for some projection or comfort as to my spot!
I'm #5 on the waitlist, out of state if it matters. I'm just about beside myself with nervousness. Could someone tell me if this is good? (1st time applicant and by no means an expert on this process)
Thanks!
Woo hoo! I was number 2 on the wait list last year and I got in in July! You are in a good spot🙂#2 on the IS wait list. :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, last year the OOS did not move at all. They had to work to get more IS students in I think. Every year is different!Just got the email. Waitlisted #29 OOS
Well, last year the OOS did not move at all. They had to work to get more IS students in I think. Every year is different!
I thought they over admitted last year thats why
I thought they over admitted last year thats why
Shucks, does that happen often?