Apr 8, 2014
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Hi all - figured I'd start this thread too since I have a question. I'm a second-time applicant, OOS (first-time OSU). Has anyone received the Ohio State Supplemental Application yet? How long after VMCAS is verified did it take for you to receive it? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

mmmdreamerz

c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
How has there not been an OSU '22 thread until now?!!! :eek:

I can't speak for this year, but last year I was thinking I got it within a week-ish of submitting?

OP
ahallowell
Apr 8, 2014
Status
Pre-Veterinary
How has there not been an OSU '22 thread until now?!!! :eek:

I can't speak for this year, but last year I was thinking I got it within a week-ish of submitting?
I was curious of the same thing! I held out pretty long, but I finally thought it was time.

Thank you, I'll keep a look out in my e-mail.

How's the first week at OSU!? Every time I read about their program I get really excited lol

Reactions: TrashPanda
About the Ads

scooterpie17

2+ Year Member
May 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Heres a question: the supplemental application link on their website says that you only get to pick 3 recommendations for them to 'review'. Does that mean they don't even read the other recommendations? I'm having trouble deciding which ones I want them to look at if thats the case!

OP
ahallowell
Apr 8, 2014
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I received the supplemental application link today! However, I received two links with two different codes. Of course, I complete and pay under the most recent code and then two hours later receive an email that they want me to complete/pay under the other. Sigh.

mmmdreamerz

c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
I was curious of the same thing! I held out pretty long, but I finally thought it was time.

Thank you, I'll keep a look out in my e-mail.

How's the first week at OSU!? Every time I read about their program I get really excited lol

Crazy that tomorrow is the end of our third week! Vet school...how to describe...well the last three weeks simultaneously feel like 3 days, 3 weeks, and 3 months all at once haha. I love it here and the faculty and school is amazing, but I can definitely say that I finally get what people mean when they say it's like drinking from a fire hose!

Reactions: ahallowell

mmmdreamerz

c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Heres a question: the supplemental application link on their website says that you only get to pick 3 recommendations for them to 'review'. Does that mean they don't even read the other recommendations? I'm having trouble deciding which ones I want them to look at if thats the case!
Yes, those are the ones they'll read.

Aggie Girl

TAMU CVM c/o 2022
Aug 7, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Hi guys, I'm an OOS applicant, and I just discovered the Course Substitution Request Form. Is this required, and do we need to get approval from all of our courses before the deadline?

amym5985

2+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Does anyone know when OSU sends out interview invites for OOS applicants?

mmmdreamerz

c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Oct 11, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Just got an e-mail saying my application is complete and to expect interview invitations end of November. Does OSU do OOS interviews?

mmmdreamerz

c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Just got an e-mail saying my application is complete and to expect interview invitations end of November. Does OSU do OOS interviews?
Yep.

SwineTor

Porcine Healer
Oct 19, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Congrats ! nothing yet here, does that mean you are in the interview wait list ? or just a standard completion email ?

About the Ads

FutureCrazyCatDVM22

UC Davis c/o 2022
Jun 27, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I think it's standard completion email, I got one too last Friday.

mmmdreamerz

c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Congrats ! nothing yet here, does that mean you are in the interview wait list ? or just a standard completion email ?
I think it's standard completion email, I got one too last Friday.
Just letting you know they got your application. Last year interview invites and rejections went out on the same day during the first week of December.

Reactions: WASnake
Oct 11, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Just letting you know they got your application. Last year interview invites and rejections went out on the same day during the first week of December.
Has anyone had an interview there in the past? Is it MMI style?

mmmdreamerz

c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Has anyone had an interview there in the past? Is it MMI style?
No it's not MMI. It's more of a traditional type interview where you'll have 2-3 people interviewing you.

Reactions: WASnake

amym5985

2+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Hey all, does anyone know if we need a Buckeye email or just our email that we used for the applications? Thanks

Reactions: kezzie

MouseWrangler

Ohio State c/o 2019
5+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2014
Ohio
Status
Veterinary Student
Hi everyone! Can’t believe it’s application time again! I’m a current 3rd year at OSU and I’m happy to answer any questions you have about our program!

Reactions: singhb09

singhb09

The Ohio State CVM c/o 2021
2+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Was hoping to participate in the VetStay program this year but I live with 3 other people so that doesn't seem feasible lol. But if any incoming interviewees need a ride to/from campus for the Jan 3/4/5th dates let me know and I'd be glad to help out!

SwineTor

Porcine Healer
Oct 19, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Was hoping to participate in the VetStay program this year but I live with 3 other people so that doesn't seem feasible lol. But if any incoming interviewees need a ride to/from campus for the Jan 3/4/5th dates let me know and I'd be glad to help out!
Invites went out already ?

About the Ads

FutureCrazyCatDVM22

UC Davis c/o 2022
Jun 27, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
They will go out the first two weeks of December, spoke to them today :)

mmmdreamerz

c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
They will go out the first two weeks of December, spoke to them today :)
Last year they sent out a timeline email, rejections, and then invites later in the day (it was December 5th). Good luck ya’ll...it’s coming so fast! Be excited! OSU is awesome and you should all definitely come here:)

N1235

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Just got the admissions timeline email! It's almost time . This is my instate school. Hoping for good news!

Reactions: mmmdreamerz

mmmdreamerz

c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
All these OSU emails that aren't actually about interview invites keep spiking my adrenaline!!!
Totally remember the feeling lol. It’ll all be over soon enough!

johnnaboo

wine lover
2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Just an FYI for all applicants: last year all rejections went out on the 5th. If you are offered an interview and then rejected, that's different. But either way at least we'll know our status pretty quickly!

mmmdreamerz

c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
If anyone who ends up interviewing needs a place to stay the weekend you interview, I signed up for the VetStay program. PM me and I’ll give you my info. Or if you just have any questions about OSU, I’ll happily chat. I love it here!

About the Ads

johnsmith123

Oregon State c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
For those of you who are currently trying to access your application without success, I just spoke with OSU tech support and there is a known issue with 401 pages while attempting to access the portal. They will be giving me a call when it is fixed and I will be sure to update everyone when they have it sorted out.

OP
ahallowell
Apr 8, 2014
Status
Pre-Veterinary
My OSU Buckeye Link works again. My application status is still “pending”.

johnsmith123

Oregon State c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
That's strange how they would push out rejections on a Sunday. Has anybody else received a decision from OSU today? Mine is still pending as well.

johnnaboo

wine lover
2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Also pending.

greeneyegal92

c/o 2022!!
5+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2014
Illinois
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I totally forgot OSU had a status page haha pending here too

Aug 18, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
You should have received log in information from Ohio State by email. They said they will email you their decision first.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Did anyone else send multiple GRE scores to OSU? Did they both get added to your portal? I just noticed that only one set of GRE scores is recorded in my portal and its my "bad" ones..... I was thinking that maybe they can only input one set of scores? I'm just trying to find out if I need to call them frantically tomorrow and find out if they have my other set of scores. I'm scared :eek:

SwineTor

Porcine Healer
Oct 19, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Did anyone else send multiple GRE scores to OSU? Did they both get added to your portal? I just noticed that only one set of GRE scores is recorded in my portal and its my "bad" ones..... I was thinking that maybe they can only input one set of scores? I'm just trying to find out if I need to call them frantically tomorrow and find out if they have my other set of scores. I'm scared :eek:
Your VMCAS should have both, don't worry about it !

Reactions: ahallowell
About the Ads