Ohio State c/o 2022 applicants

Started by ahallowell
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ahallowell

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all - figured I'd start this thread too since I have a question. I'm a second-time applicant, OOS (first-time OSU). Has anyone received the Ohio State Supplemental Application yet? How long after VMCAS is verified did it take for you to receive it? Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
How has there not been an OSU '22 thread until now?!!! 😱

I can't speak for this year, but last year I was thinking I got it within a week-ish of submitting?
 
How has there not been an OSU '22 thread until now?!!! 😱

I can't speak for this year, but last year I was thinking I got it within a week-ish of submitting?

I was curious of the same thing! I held out pretty long, but I finally thought it was time.

Thank you, I'll keep a look out in my e-mail.

How's the first week at OSU!? Every time I read about their program I get really excited lol


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heres a question: the supplemental application link on their website says that you only get to pick 3 recommendations for them to 'review'. Does that mean they don't even read the other recommendations? I'm having trouble deciding which ones I want them to look at if thats the case!
 
I received the supplemental application link today! However, I received two links with two different codes. Of course, I complete and pay under the most recent code and then two hours later receive an email that they want me to complete/pay under the other. Sigh.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I was curious of the same thing! I held out pretty long, but I finally thought it was time.

Thank you, I'll keep a look out in my e-mail.

How's the first week at OSU!? Every time I read about their program I get really excited lol


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Crazy that tomorrow is the end of our third week! Vet school...how to describe...well the last three weeks simultaneously feel like 3 days, 3 weeks, and 3 months all at once haha. I love it here and the faculty and school is amazing, but I can definitely say that I finally get what people mean when they say it's like drinking from a fire hose!
 
Heres a question: the supplemental application link on their website says that you only get to pick 3 recommendations for them to 'review'. Does that mean they don't even read the other recommendations? I'm having trouble deciding which ones I want them to look at if thats the case!

Yes, those are the ones they'll read.
 
Hi guys, I'm an OOS applicant, and I just discovered the Course Substitution Request Form. Is this required, and do we need to get approval from all of our courses before the deadline?
 
Just got an e-mail saying my application is complete and to expect interview invitations end of November. Does OSU do OOS interviews?
 
Just got an e-mail saying my application is complete and to expect interview invitations end of November. Does OSU do OOS interviews?
Congrats ! nothing yet here, does that mean you are in the interview wait list ? or just a standard completion email ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, does anyone know if we need a Buckeye email or just our email that we used for the applications? Thanks
 
Hi everyone! Can’t believe it’s application time again! I’m a current 3rd year at OSU and I’m happy to answer any questions you have about our program!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Was hoping to participate in the VetStay program this year but I live with 3 other people so that doesn't seem feasible lol. But if any incoming interviewees need a ride to/from campus for the Jan 3/4/5th dates let me know and I'd be glad to help out!
 
Was hoping to participate in the VetStay program this year but I live with 3 other people so that doesn't seem feasible lol. But if any incoming interviewees need a ride to/from campus for the Jan 3/4/5th dates let me know and I'd be glad to help out!
Invites went out already ?
 
They will go out the first two weeks of December, spoke to them today 🙂

Last year they sent out a timeline email, rejections, and then invites later in the day (it was December 5th). Good luck ya’ll...it’s coming so fast! Be excited! OSU is awesome and you should all definitely come here🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just an FYI for all applicants: last year all rejections went out on the 5th. If you are offered an interview and then rejected, that's different. But either way at least we'll know our status pretty quickly!
 
If anyone who ends up interviewing needs a place to stay the weekend you interview, I signed up for the VetStay program. PM me and I’ll give you my info. Or if you just have any questions about OSU, I’ll happily chat. I love it here!
 
For those of you who are currently trying to access your application without success, I just spoke with OSU tech support and there is a known issue with 401 pages while attempting to access the portal. They will be giving me a call when it is fixed and I will be sure to update everyone when they have it sorted out.
 
That's strange how they would push out rejections on a Sunday. Has anybody else received a decision from OSU today? Mine is still pending as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should have received log in information from Ohio State by email. They said they will email you their decision first.
 
Last edited:
Did anyone else send multiple GRE scores to OSU? Did they both get added to your portal? I just noticed that only one set of GRE scores is recorded in my portal and its my "bad" ones..... I was thinking that maybe they can only input one set of scores? I'm just trying to find out if I need to call them frantically tomorrow and find out if they have my other set of scores. I'm scared 😱
 
Did anyone else send multiple GRE scores to OSU? Did they both get added to your portal? I just noticed that only one set of GRE scores is recorded in my portal and its my "bad" ones..... I was thinking that maybe they can only input one set of scores? I'm just trying to find out if I need to call them frantically tomorrow and find out if they have my other set of scores. I'm scared 😱
Your VMCAS should have both, don't worry about it !