Ohio State c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Historically December 5th seemed to be the date for interview invites to go out. Does anyone have any information? Do emails get sent before application status is updated? Am I the only one obsessively refreshing my email?

Members don't see this ad.

They said emails will be sent out first. I am anxious about it, but it will go to my Gmail which is on my phone and notifies my watch so I am not constantly refreshing my email. I have to study for my Graduate Physiology final that is tomorrow so I am all kinds of nervous right now.

Last edited:
Historically December 5th seemed to be the date for interview invites to go out. Does anyone have any information? Do emails get sent before application status is updated? Am I the only one obsessively refreshing my email?

Definitely got my email first (was frantically switching between refreshing my email and portal literally any chance I could when at work :nailbiting:), and if I recall correctly it will still say "pending" even after being offered an interview. Even if accepted, it takes like 3 days after you receive the email for the portal to update with "accepted". And like someone else mentioned previously, some folks last year had their portals update to "rejected" prior to emails going out and ended up getting invites so I'd really just keep an eye out for the (hopefully soonish!) email. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)

They went out on December 5th last year (I can't believe it's already been a year...). If I remember correctly, rejections went out first in the morning and then later the same day interview invitations went out. The portal got updated later. It's definitely soon!

I definitely obsessively checked my email last year, but with my interview invitation and ultimately an acceptance, I got both emails when I was busy with other things and not thinking about it lol.

Reactions: 2 users
4:00 pm...did anyone her anything!?!

@VU2018 Just checked as well and didn’t get anything yet womp they did give a date range till the 15th lol

Nothing here either OOS! Hope it comes out soon!!

Hopefully the email comes today! The suspense is killing me!

Reactions: 4 users
No one yet ? Am rooting for your guys !

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This waiting is driving me crazy...

Reactions: 5 users
Edit: wrong thread. Sorry for the notification!

Has anyone called and talked to anyone in admissions? Halfway through the timeline and no one has heard? Seems weird

Has anyone called and talked to anyone in admissions? Halfway through the timeline and no one has heard? Seems weird
I want to but at the same time, that might just be delaying it further. I'm sure they'll have it sent out early next week, though the waiting game is quite nerve-wracking.

I want to but at the same time, that might just be delaying it further. I'm sure they'll have it sent out early next week, though the waiting game is quite nerve-wracking.
Yeah, it certainly is nerve-wracking. Last year the timeline went out on the 5th and all rejections went out on the 5th later that day. The difference in pacing of this year and last year has me biting my nails.

Just got my interview email!!

Reactions: 3 users
I just got an interview invitation. I am OOS.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

I JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW OOS!

Received interview invite (IS)!

Does OSU do waves for invites? I'd like to give up checking my email today :laugh:

@greeneyegal92 i was just wondering the same thing... will OSU send out more next week? Anyone know from previous years... granted they can always switch it up.

Reactions: 1 user
But most importantly, congrats to all that have heard!!!

no rejections so far so that's a good sign !

It seems like not enough have gone out today this far, so it seems like there eould be more! Also, I'm NEVER in the first wave so I'm saying hang in til Monday everyone :)

It seems like not enough have gone out today this far, so it seems like there eould be more! Also, I'm NEVER in the first wave so I'm saying hang in til Monday everyone :)
Let's hope for the best! Rejections went out first last year so pending after that was still a good thing. Since they seemingly haven't been sent out yet, it makes that "pending" more ominous.

It's probably too late in the day to expect anymore to be sent out, right? Looks like I'll have to hold on somehow till Monday

It's probably too late in the day to expect anymore to be sent out, right? Looks like I'll have to hold on somehow till Monday

I don't think I can make it to Monday. THIS IS TEARING ME APART!

Almost every school that I applied to has completely revamped their decision timeline compared to last year so I'v been frantic for two weeks. It's not a pleasant way to live...

Interview OOS!
I received my email about an hour ago. I was starting to lose hope, hang in there!

I don't think I can make it to Monday. THIS IS TEARING ME APART!

Same! I need to lock away all my devices. I am freaking out.

Interview OOS!
I received my email about an hour ago. I was starting to lose hope, hang in there!

For any of you who have gotten invites today (Congrats by the way!) - have you seen changes in your application status ?

For any of you who have gotten invites today (Congrats by the way!) - have you seen changes in your application status ?
Don't think so, but I will check again when I get home.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

Interview invite OOS! Congrats to everyone who got one! There was no change in my application status

Was hopeful now not so much...

I heard that 2/3 years ago rejections went out at the end of December and interview invites were sent out over the span of a week. Hopefully more invites are sent out this coming week!

Reactions: 5 users
Seems like most of the invites are OOS as of right now?

OOS interview invite here, congrats everyone that got one!

OOS interview invite here too! I didn't get the email until 4 PM..I thought my email refresh button was generally safe after 2 PM but the notification sound told me I was wrong :bag:

Congratulations to everyone who got an offer and best of luck to everyone who hasn't heard back yet. Given how late in the day I got mine, I feel like there are more coming.

Woo coming late this party... ha. Welp I was offered an interview and am trying to set up my prefered time and date, but they are asking for a profile picture. How professional is everyone going? Can I use just one of my summit selfies? Or is that too casual and I should actually do hair and makeup for this?