You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State c/o 2022 applicants
Started by ahallowell
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Current students - Could you talk about the area a bit? I'm not a city person at all and while I LOVE the school I'm a bit concerned about being in a city for four years. Are there trees, dirt trails to run, any outdoor space at all where you're not surrounded by buildings? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did they say that?OOS accepted received my email yesterday around 2pm!
They said decisions should be sent by February 28 so hang in there to those that haven't heard yet! Best of luck!
It was in the last email they sent, it also included the surveyWhen did they say that?
Oh I see that now. ThanksIt was in the last email they sent, it also included the survey
Last year at least, they sent out multiple waves of acceptances on Fridays, then waitlists and declines very last.During my interview date they said that they sent out declines, then waitlist offers, then acceptances. Is that not how it works? Have they already sent out all offers of acceptance?
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far!! I'm excited to meet you all in the fall! 🙂
OOS, Accepted via email Friday 2/16 at 11:24am. So excited to become a buckeye!!!

How does the Facebook page work? Do we have to create one or does someone older do it for us? When does it normally come out? I'd like to figure out housing.
Once deposits are paid and you set up your buckeyemail (and once the page is setup as well if it isn’t already) you’ll likely get an email with the link to it. Many people from the classes above you usually join as well to post about housomg opportunities and/or to sell stuff
Just kidding. Too expensive to live alone.Current OSU students: apartment suggestions?? I would like to live alone!!
Okay that's good to know. Thank you!Last year at least, they sent out multiple waves of acceptances on Fridays, then waitlists and declines very last.
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far!! I'm excited to meet you all in the fall! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same! I’m guessing they’ll fix this issue and will notify us (I’ll worry after April 15th). I think the acceptance fee and the Facebook group was the most important thing from the email.The "Acceptance Fee Received" email.... doesn't have a link to the questionnaire and when I click on the link to view the Incoming Class page it says "access denied".... Anyone else having this problem?
Current students - Could you talk about the area a bit? I'm not a city person at all and while I LOVE the school I'm a bit concerned about being in a city for four years. Are there trees, dirt trails to run, any outdoor space at all where you're not surrounded by buildings? Thanks!
Do not worry about the “city” aspect. Columbus is very diverse and there are plenty of parks, nature trails, farms, etc. And these areas are all close to the veterinary school. Unless you go to downtown Columbus, you are not going to be surrounded by buildings. 🙂
Thanks for the response! This eases my mind a bit. I don't fair well if I can't find some fresh air and trees!Do not worry about the “city” aspect. Columbus is very diverse and there are plenty of parks, nature trails, farms, etc. And these areas are all close to the veterinary school. Unless you go to downtown Columbus, you are not going to be surrounded by buildings. 🙂
FYI for everyone waiting to hear, the Facebook page has 45 members as of now. There are still seats out there guys!
Good luck to everyone that is still waiting to hear. Also, I don’t think the Facebook is a good indicative of spots available. Some people won’t join until later in the summer.
Last edited:
I’m an IS student who is literally freaking out! Has anyone heard any news today?OSU is literally driving me insane.
Same, I’d rather have OSU reject me already than have them play games with my email refresh rate and I.
Realistically there is no reason it takes this long does the initial wave of acceptances and rejection. I would understand if we were on a waitlisted status. Just make a decision!Same, I’d rather have OSU reject me already than have them play games with my email refresh rate and I.
I didn't even think about that... you're right! It's up to around 70 now, so people are starting to make their final decisions and pay their acceptance fee.Good luck to everyone that is still waiting to hear. Also, I don’t think the Facebook is a good indicative of spots available. Some people won’t join until later in the summer.
I have not join, yet . I will, once I announce it to my family and friends that I’m choosing OSU. If you join does it let others (Facebook friends) know that you belong to that group?I didn't even think about that... you're right! It's up to around 70 now, so people are starting to make their final decisions and pay their acceptance fee.
I have not join, yet . I will, once I announce it to my family and friends that I’m choosing OSU. If you join does it let others (Facebook friends) know that you belong to that group?
It’s a private/closed group, so no.
Also remember that current students from other classes have also joined (and will continue to)!I didn't even think about that... you're right! It's up to around 70 now, so people are starting to make their final decisions and pay their acceptance fee.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They said they wanted all decisions to be out by 5PM today. So today must be the day. Not a Friday.
Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
Unfortunately no, I looked at last years thread and some didn’t hear until the 1st.Anyone hear anything?
My rational side believes it’s just wait list and rejections left.. however a small part of me is still hoping for an acceptances to still be sent.Do you think its just waitlist and rejection left? Or do you think theres a chance there might still be acceptances left?
Still nothing...Anyone hear anything?
Still nothing...
Yeah, same!
Yeah, same!
I'd rather they didn't tell us they were going to have them in by a certain date and time if that wasn't gonna happen.
Truthfully not that I have heard of. So if you want to try for it, I say go for it.So they dont check?
My gsd mix was neve checked at OC.
Guys don't give up hope. Also the waitlist is a good thing. Many 2nd years were waitlisted.
Do they do stuff like this every year?Guys don't give up hope. Also the waitlist is a good thing. Many 2nd years were waitlisted.
Good morning,
We just wanted to let you know that scholarship email awards have been sent out via email. You will only notified if you were awarded a scholarship. If you didn’t receive an email, you were not awarded a scholarship. We have numerous scholarships that you may be eligible for in years 2 through 4 that you are not eligible for in your first year.
Just got this at 7:33am. I haven't received an offer yet so I assume two things from this. One, I'm rejected or two I may still have a shot but even if so I will get no money.
We just wanted to let you know that scholarship email awards have been sent out via email. You will only notified if you were awarded a scholarship. If you didn’t receive an email, you were not awarded a scholarship. We have numerous scholarships that you may be eligible for in years 2 through 4 that you are not eligible for in your first year.
Just got this at 7:33am. I haven't received an offer yet so I assume two things from this. One, I'm rejected or two I may still have a shot but even if so I will get no money.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Admissions decisions are delayed. Hopefully that is a good thing.
Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
Good morning,
We just wanted to let you know that scholarship email awards have been sent out via email. You will only notified if you were awarded a scholarship. If you didn’t receive an email, you were not awarded a scholarship. We have numerous scholarships that you may be eligible for in years 2 through 4 that you are not eligible for in your first year.
Just got this at 7:33am. I haven't received an offer yet so I assume two things from this. One, I'm rejected or two I
We just wanted to let you know that scholarship email awards have been sent out via email. You will only notified if you were awarded a scholarship. If you didn’t receive an email, you were not awarded a scholarship. We have numerous scholarships that you may be eligible for in years 2 through 4 that you are not eligible for in your first year.
Just got this at 7:33am. I haven't received an offer yet so I assume two things from this. One, I'm rejected or two I
How do you know?Admissions decisions are delayed. Hopefully that is a good thing.
Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
I actually just called because I'm sick of waiting. They said we could hear any day between now and Monday. Supposedly Monday is the new "deadline"
The email I received this morning said thisGood morning,
We just wanted to let you know that scholarship email awards have been sent out via email. You will only notified if you were awarded a scholarship. If you didn’t receive an email, you were not awarded a scholarship. We have numerous scholarships that you may be eligible for in years 2 through 4 that you are not eligible for in your first year.
Just got this at 7:33am. I haven't received an offer yet so I assume two things from this. One, I'm rejected or two I
How do you know?
Good morning,
Thank you for applying to The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Admission decisions are still being made and we sincerely apologize for the delay. We will continue to send out notifications. Decision notifications will go out until Friday, March 2nd. If you do not hear from us by Monday, March 5th , please email us at [email protected].
If you have questions, they best way to reach us is via email at [email protected].
We appreciate your patience.
Thanks!
Turning down my OOS seat. I hope it goes to one of you!! Best of luck!
