-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State c/o 2023
Started by DrinkWater95
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone heard any updates on timeline? I saw somewhere last year the invites started to go out december 5th?
I'm also waiting on this info...It's nerve-racking 🙁
Two years ago it was the 5th...idk about last year (you could prob check the Ohio state thread from last year to see though)...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
vetschoolapplicant4295
Full Member
looks like OOS decisions went out dec 18th last yearTwo years ago it was the 5th...idk about last year (you could prob check the Ohio state thread from last year to see though)...
looks like OOS decisions went out dec 18th last year
Dec. 18th?! That’s so far from now[emoji24]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last year it was done basically on a rolling basis. I believe the first interview requests went out around the 5th, and then got sent out in bursts until the 15th. On the 18th, some people got notified that they were on the interview waitlist, and everyone else received their rejections. No one was rejected until that last day, since they are actively reviewing until then.
Last year there was also an email with the timeline sent out on November 29th, giving the range as Dec 5-15, so I'm not sure why something like that hasn't been sent yet. Maybe that means the whole timeline will be pushed back? Just speculating
Last year there was also an email with the timeline sent out on November 29th, giving the range as Dec 5-15, so I'm not sure why something like that hasn't been sent yet. Maybe that means the whole timeline will be pushed back? Just speculating
cattievet29
Full Member
Last year it was done basically on a rolling basis. I believe the first interview requests went out around the 5th, and then got sent out in bursts until the 15th. On the 18th, some people got notified that they were on the interview waitlist, and everyone else received their rejections. No one was rejected until that last day, since they are actively reviewing until then.
Last year there was also an email with the timeline sent out on November 29th, giving the range as Dec 5-15, so I'm not sure why something like that hasn't been sent yet. Maybe that means the whole timeline will be pushed back? Just speculating
Oh that's great information, thank you!! I really hope it isn't pushed back, but that seems to be a theme with all of the schools this year for some reason.
the VMCAS app due date being pushed to the 21st because of the hurricane is probably why.Oh that's great information, thank you!! I really hope it isn't pushed back, but that seems to be a theme with all of the schools this year for some reason.
Vmcas was pushed back to the 29th last cycle instead of the 15th because of both hurricanes that year. So I would think anything being pushed back would not because of the due date being moved 4 daysthe VMCAS app due date being pushed to the 21st because of the hurricane is probably why.
One of my professors is on the admissions committee. She said they just got the email about signing up to interview so she expects we’ll start hearing about interviews within the next week or two
cattievet29
Full Member
That makes me thing itll be today or tomorrow honestly!!!One of my professors is on the admissions committee. She said they just got the email about signing up to interview so she expects we’ll start hearing about interviews within the next week or two
I actually called yesterday to ask a different question, but remembered to ask about the timeline at the end.
I was told that interview invites will likely begin to be sent out on Monday, and that people should know by Friday. That said, it wasn't set in stone, and even with a timeline like that last year, the rejections were sent out the following Monday.
I was told that interview invites will likely begin to be sent out on Monday, and that people should know by Friday. That said, it wasn't set in stone, and even with a timeline like that last year, the rejections were sent out the following Monday.
Hoping today is the day!That makes me thing itll be today or tomorrow honestly!!!
Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
Em Exotic VM
Em
I'm assuming interview invitations/rejections will be delivered via e-mail then?
Yup.I'm assuming interview invitations/rejections will be delivered via e-mail then?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually called yesterday to ask a different question, but remembered to ask about the timeline at the end.
I was told that interview invites will likely begin to be sent out on Monday, and that people should know by Friday. That said, it wasn't set in stone, and even with a timeline like that last year, the rejections were sent out the following Monday.
What phone number did you use? Because I have called 4 different times, left voicemails and no one has returned my calls
What phone number did you use? Because I have called 4 different times, left voicemails and no one has returned my calls
I either call Sandra or Ashley directly, but I usually don't leave messages because they are so busy. If they don't pick up I'll just call again a bit later
Meet the Team | College of Veterinary Medicine
Someone on facebook today said that admissions said later this week 🙂
cattievet29
Full Member
Agh! I'm so excited and nervous lol I wish it was todaySomeone on facebook today said that admissions said later this week 🙂
cattievet29
Full Member
Maybe today?! Anyone hear anything?
Has anyone here heard anything yet? I called to ask something else, and apparently they started sending invites yesterday morning, and will continue through Friday. Rejections will be sent last, but she said everyone should know by Friday. That said, they said the same thing last year, but rejections weren't sent until the following Monday.
Has anyone here heard anything yet? I called to ask something else, and apparently they started sending invites yesterday morning, and will continue through Friday. Rejections will be sent last, but she said everyone should know by Friday. That said, they said the same thing last year, but rejections weren't sent until the following Monday.
Nothing here!
cattievet29
Full Member
Has anyone here heard anything yet? I called to ask something else, and apparently they started sending invites yesterday morning, and will continue through Friday. Rejections will be sent last, but she said everyone should know by Friday. That said, they said the same thing last year, but rejections weren't sent until the following Monday.
I wish we knew if there was an order, like IS first or small animal..That way we kind of know which day to expect. Or maybe I'm just anxious and crazy 🙂
or small animal
what do you mean by this?
Nothing here either... IS, Equine/Research interest, Last name starts with G
cattievet29
Full Member
Some schools, like Upenn, send out invites for small animal interested students first because the LA kids take a trip to their other campus together, so their interview day is last!what do you mean by this?
Nothing here yet, I'm OOSHas anyone here heard anything yet? I called to ask something else, and apparently they started sending invites yesterday morning, and will continue through Friday. Rejections will be sent last, but she said everyone should know by Friday. That said, they said the same thing last year, but rejections weren't sent until the following Monday.
Some schools, like Upenn, send out invites for small animal interested students first because the LA kids take a trip to their other campus together, so their interview day is last!
Oh, did we indicate interest on their application? I don't remember...I'm trying to access a copy of my supplemental application on buckeye link but it doesn't seem like I can. Either way, their LA facility is on campus so I don't think they'd be doing it similarly to Penn.
cattievet29
Full Member
I can't remember either 🙁 I wish we could still access VMCAS and everything. But I just meant perhaps they have a way to separate things out, those were just examples!Oh, did we indicate interest on their application? I don't remember...I'm trying to access a copy of my supplemental application on buckeye link but it doesn't seem like I can. Either way, their LA facility is on campus so I don't think they'd be doing it similarly to Penn.
Also OOS and nothing here either.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't remember either 🙁 I wish we could still access VMCAS and everything. But I just meant perhaps they have a way to separate things out, those were just examples!
Also OOS and nothing here either.
Email [email protected] and ask for PDF copies!! They respond really quickly. It's good to have them so you can review what you wrote if you get an interview.
Also, OSU doesn't ask you for your preference in the supplemental, and interview invites aren't determined or sent out that way
vetschoolapplicant4295
Full Member
Nothing here yet, OOS!
Good luck guys! I think they do things a little differently now...for the most part my year they all got sent out on the same day
Last edited:
UAkron Student
Illinois C/O 2023
Nothing here. IS
cattievet29
Full Member
I'm starting to think the admissions rep that said decisions started yesterday was lying LOL
I got that email too! I'm wondering if maybe (hopefully) the timeline has now been moved up?Also, I got an email awhile back saying they would send interview invites starting in early December and continue sending them through January.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
Can I ask when you got this and what the subject line was? I just checked my email and never got something from OSU saying this.Also, I got an email awhile back saying they would send interview invites starting in early December and continue sending them through January.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
Can I ask when you got this and what the subject line was? I just checked my email and never got something from OSU saying this.
"Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine Application Status" on 9/26 from Sandra Dawkins
Thanks! Weird though, I never got that... I've gotten other communication from them, though, and I know my application is complete. Has anyone else not received this email?"Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine Application Status" on 9/26 from Sandra Dawkins
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is what I got and I also received it 9/26. Check your contact information on the portal.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
All of my info is correct on my portal, and like I said, I've gotten other communication from them since.
Did you guys submit/get verified early? Because I got an email on 9/26 saying don't worry if you haven't gotten the supplement yet, because they aren't sent if you haven't yet been verified. And I submitted very late
cattievet29
Full Member
Do we think it's possible that when each of us talked to admissions and they told us Monday-Friday that it meant next week and not this week...? 🙁
Maybe... there's no way that someone on sdn wouldn't have heard by now...Do we think it's possible that when each of us talked to admissions and they told us Monday-Friday that it meant next week and not this week...? 🙁
Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile