nikegoddess1
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FR FR^^^congrats everyone on their acceptance! Now where do I get some OSU CVM MERCH!?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
FR FR^^^congrats everyone on their acceptance! Now where do I get some OSU CVM MERCH!?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I’m in the same situation!Out of state and no email. Interviewed on the 25th. They said that decisions would be out by the end of Feb. they also said there’d be a few they accept right away but most will be Pending for a while. I still have hope, but much less now [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
congrats everyone on their acceptance! Now where do I get some OSU CVM MERCH!?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Nope nothing yet!Is it still confirmed that IS has not heard anything back yet? Freaking out over here lol
I know they spoke about it briefly, but will oos 100% not have to change residency after the first year to get is tuition? Or is that still up in the air?
Did you get an email first or just the call?Hey, I just received the call from the OSU DVM Admissions Director about the OOS acceptance!
I haven't heard of anyone from IS hearing back! We're all in the same boat.. don't worry!!Is it still confirmed that IS has not heard anything back yet? Freaking out over here lol
I called admissions and they said by the end of the week IS will hearI haven't heard of anyone from IS hearing back! We're all in the same boat.. don't worry!!
Did they say everyone would hear? Even rejections, waitlist ?I called admissions and they said by the end of the week IS will hear
I didn’t ask about waitlists or rejections honestly. Were being optimistic here!Did they say everyone would hear? Even rejections, waitlist ?
Thanks for calling! Fingers crossed for everyone!I called admissions and they said by the end of the week IS will hear
Hi...can you say where are the best,nicest pet friendly places to live within a 10/15 minute car ride to campus?If anyone is weighing the pros/cons of becoming a buckeye, feel free to reach out🙂
I lived at Governours Square Apt. for two years with my animals. About 10-12 mins north of the vet school. I liked it a lot.Hi...can you say where are the best,nicest pet friendly places to live within a 10/15 minute car ride to campus?
Thanks. I’ll check that one out. I only have my cat but he goes everywhere with me!!!I lived at Governours Square Apt. for two years with my animals. About 10-12 mins north of the vet school. I liked it a lot.
If anyone is weighing the pros/cons of becoming a buckeye, feel free to reach out🙂
When I asked the admissions person she said that it was going to get easier for students starting this year to become in state. i think she said something about paperwork becoming less or almost non-existent (a much easier process than it was for earlier or current students). That's what she told me but I dont know!To my knowledge still up in the air, but also I’m a tad out of the loop because it doesn’t really apply to me at this point.
Ya all I remember them saying is that after the first year, oos will only have to pay $5 or something instead of an extra 30k. I just don’t know if it’s definitely going to happen or notWhen I asked the admissions person she said that it was going to get easier for students starting this year to become in state. i think she said something about paperwork becoming less or almost non-existent (a much easier process than it was for earlier or current students). That's what she told me but I dont know!
Acceptances for both instate and out of state or just continue today and tomorrow for out of state applicants?For those who haven't heard yet, just called and acceptances will continue to be going out today and tomorrow with waitlist at the end of the week! Still hope for OOS!
She didn't specify but I'd assume it applies to both!Acceptances for both instate and out of state or just continue today and tomorrow for out of state applicants?
I received the email first, last night around 11:30 pm and today I received the phone call.
I also remember them saying that and that an email saying whether is was approved or not would be sent out prior to April 15th. The Dean of the vet school did say he was pretty sure it was going to happen. That’s huge for OOS students considering tuition right now is 94K for years 1-3, and the 4th year 107k due to the extra semester your clinical year. OSS students need to stay on top of this as it’s over a 100k savings in tuition.Ya all I remember them saying is that after the first year, oos will only have to pay $5 or something instead of an extra 30k. I just don’t know if it’s definitely going to happen or not
I also remember them saying that and that an email saying whether is was approved or not would be sent out prior to April 15th. The Dean of the vet school did say he was pretty sure it was going to happen. That’s huge for OOS students considering tuition right now is 94K for years 1-3, and the 4th year 107k due to the extra semester your clinical year. OSS students need to stay on top of this as it’s over a 100k savings in tuition.
There will be, but probably not until April, I thinkfor those who were accepted, is there an official Facebook group we could join?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
That’s great information. Appreciate you clarifying that.So OSU has always had the ability to gain IS tuition after the first year. What’s potentially changing is the process of how you do that. Currently it’s very specific and there’s lot of rules to follow and paperwork to submit. It sounds like they are trying to make it much easier. But as it stands pretty much everyone currently gains residency after the first year.
What’s your # on the waitlist! Don’t lose hope!IS waitlisted 🙁 Honestly surprised
OOS waitlist usually moves. I’d say you have a very good chanceOOS alternate (#2)- thoughts on my chances of getting off the waitlist?
#11. Ive been told by a few people (even a vet at OSU) that they usually get #8-10 off the IS waitlistWhat’s your # on the waitlist! Don’t lose hope!
Last year they went through #15! My friend was #11 waitlist in state and she got called on April 17th!#11. Ive been told by a few people (even a vet at OSU) that they usually get #8-10 off the IS waitlist
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.