Ohio State c/o 2027 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine also says Pending!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm a little confused. Is there a portal for Ohio State? Or are they contacting us by email to further clarify application statuses/interview info?

Does anyone else have “pending” as the status of their supplemental application? In the excerpt detailing the various statuses pending is not listed so i’m curious if i’ve done something wrong

Oh, are the application portals still working? I haven’t been able to get back into mine. Oh no!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a little confused. Is there a portal for Ohio State? Or are they contacting us by email to further clarify application statuses/interview info?
Oh, are the application portals still working? I haven’t been able to get back into mine. Oh no!

If you guys go to the buckeye link, login, and then in the search bar look up “application status” you can see the status of your application and any required materials you’re missing :)

Reactions: 3 users
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else's say in review?
Mine says pending and when I click the pending status, it says “Application status: you’re application is currently in review” is that what you mean?

Mine says pending and when I click the pending status, it says “Application status: you’re application is currently in review” is that what you mean?
yeah my bad

• Care
Just found out that Ohio requires that if your undergrad teaches Biochem in 2 parts (meaning they offer a Biochem 1 class and then Biochem 2) you MUST take both…
I’ve never heard of this anywhere else and I’ve only taken biochem 1 at my school.. i’m so upset. I would not have applied if i had known this.

Just found out that Ohio requires that if your undergrad teaches Biochem in 2 parts (meaning they offer a Biochem 1 class and then Biochem 2) you MUST take both…
I’ve never heard of this anywhere else and I’ve only taken biochem 1 at my school.. i’m so upset. I would not have applied if i had known this.
TN is the same, sadly.

I have this situation too, but I see that other people got emails saying if their prereqs weren't enough or wrong, but I didn't get anything, should I assume I am okay?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they email you? I’m sorry to hear this

I have this situation too, but I see that other people got emails saying if their prereqs weren't enough or wrong, but I didn't get anything, should I assume I am okay?

I haven’t gotten an email yet but my friend did and she goes to the same undergrad. she informed me, I’m just waiting for one at this point. i’m sure their still sending them out to people they haven’t reviewed yet

I see they require physio to be 5 credits but no lab.
My physio was only 3 credits, no second semester offered. I checked their course checker and it said my physio course was accepted for the biochem credit, but earlier it definitely said it was acceptable for the physio credit. Now, I’m confused. I didn’t get any emails except saying that I still had biochem outstanding, which I do. I’m confused

My physio was only 3 credits, no second semester offered. I checked their course checker and it said my physio course was accepted for the biochem credit, but earlier it definitely said it was acceptable for the physio credit. Now, I’m confused. I didn’t get any emails except saying that I still had biochem outstanding, which I do. I’m confused
Did you also take anatomy? Because that counts in physio

i’m taking physio now. do you think this could possibly count as a bchem credit?

i’m taking physio now. do you think this could possibly count as a bchem credit?
I doubt it. I think it was a mistake. But, you could always email! If you’ve taken animal nutrition, they might count that. I know Utenn is counting my biochem course AND animal nutrition as my biochem credit.

I actually just rechecked the course substitution list and it says that my biochem course (540) counts for the physio credit. Which makes NO sense to me. I’m assuming it’s fine or they would’ve emailed? I am so unsure

My school’s physiology is also 3. I did a course check with them awhile back and they said it was fine. 5 credits is just what the OSU physiology is so that’s what they use. I believe if it’s on the previously excepted list it’s automatically good

I doubt it. I think it was a mistake. But, you could always email! If you’ve taken animal nutrition, they might count that. I know Utenn is counting my biochem course AND animal nutrition as my biochem credit.

I actually just rechecked the course substitution list and it says that my biochem course (540) counts for the physio credit. Which makes NO sense to me. I’m assuming it’s fine or they would’ve emailed? I am so unsure

that’s good to know!! cause i also applied to them and in the same bchem situation but i took animal nutrition so i’ll email both OSU and utenn and see what they say!

where did you find their course substitution list?

where did you find their course substitution list?
If you go on the website and under the pre req tab, they have a link to it on the top of the page! It says something like “If you need to inquire about a course substitution, check this list of pre approved course substitutions first”. Then, you just put in your course number and university to see if it’s been pre-approved and it tells you what credit it was pre-approved for!

That email nearly have me a heart attack😭😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Thank You, what is the timeline for interview?
They will let us know by December 23rd, and said not to contact the office asking about the timeline or status

Thank you so much

Has anyone been getting interview invites lately?

Hi! I am a first-time OOS applicant! Good luck to everyone!

First-time IS and completely non-traditional student. I know we have a few weeks left (no matter how many times I check Buckeyelink) but just out of curiosity, do IS and OOS applicants get invites at the same time?

Reactions: 1 users
First-time IS and completely non-traditional student. I know we have a few weeks left (no matter how many times I check Buckeyelink) but just out of curiosity, do IS and OOS applicants get invites at the same time?

i dont think the buckeye link actually updates. They’ll only update you via email!

from my understanding and from what i remember from previous cycles IS and OOS are notified at the same time!

Got an email from tOSU saying they received my FAFSA.

On the Scholarship website (https://osu.scholarshipuniverse.com/student/question ), did you guys all have the last 3 questions on the second page updated on December 1st? Mine updated to include that I'm not in the state honors program, my age, and that next year I count as a first-year. Is this indicative of anything of just something they update on everyone's portal?

Were we supposed to send FAFSA info to OSU? I haven’t sent them anything except my VMCAS and supplemental application

Were we supposed to send FAFSA info to OSU? I haven’t sent them anything except my VMCAS and supplemental application
You've got plenty of time to send it in, but yes you need to send your FAFSA in to all the schools you're considering attending next fall.

You've got plenty of time to send it in, but yes you need to send your FAFSA in to all the schools you're considering attending next fall.
You don’t have to do this until you’ve accepted a school. There’s no rush to get it in.

On the Scholarship website (https://osu.scholarshipuniverse.com/student/question ), did you guys all have the last 3 questions on the second page updated on December 1st? Mine updated to include that I'm not in the state honors program, my age, and that next year I count as a first-year. Is this indicative of anything of just something they update on everyone's portal?
Unsure, but mine updated on 11/30 and also says that I have financial need

Does anyone know how they determine if you have financial need? Does it come from the FAFSA ? If yours said you have financial need have you already done your FAFSA?

Does anyone know how they determine if you have financial need? Does it come from the FAFSA ? If yours said you have financial need have you already done your FAFSA?
Fafsa

OSU's interview sign-up website was just changed to reflect the 2023 dates. We should hear any day now! Good luck!🤞

OSU's interview sign-up website was just changed to reflect the 2023 dates. We should hear any day now! Good luck!🤞
What’s the website?

*never mind! Found it