You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State c/o 2027 applicants
Started by beepboopbop1
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I received an OOS interview invite! My cumulative GPA was a 3.86 & my Science GPA / Pre-Req GPA was a 3.85.For those who got an interview, could i ask what your gpa was?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.68 overall and 3.45 science!For those who got an interview, could i ask what your gpa was?
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
do you have a lot of vet hours? or what do you think made u application stand out if you don’t mind sharing! I had similar stats but i am an interview alternate.3.68 overall and 3.45 science!
I have about 6,000 hours! Most from a mixed animal practice, some at a small animal only, and some at a mobile clinic.do you have a lot of vet hours? or what do you think made u application stand out if you don’t mind sharing! I had similar stats but i am an interview alternate.
I think a few things made me stand out, I have a diversity, equity, and inclusion internship. I do a lot of volunteer work with people from disadvantaged communities (foster kids, kids with disabilities, low income college students, and I did community-based HIV research) and I talked about wanting to diversify the vet profession in my professional statement.
I’m also a first generation college student and I experienced a homeless situation for a few years, which I talked about overcoming in my personal and explanation statement and I think that is unique.
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
thank you so much for that! You sound like an amazing person who will make a great vet🙂 congratulations on the interview and thank you again!I have about 6,000 hours! Most from a mixed animal practice, some at a small animal only, and some at a mobile clinic.
I think a few things made me stand out, I have a diversity, equity, and inclusion internship. I do a lot of volunteer work with people from disadvantaged communities (foster kids, kids with disabilities, low income college students, and I did community-based HIV research) and I talked about wanting to diversify the vet profession in my professional statement.
I’m also a first generation college student and I experienced a homeless situation for a few years, which I talked about overcoming in my personal and explanation statement and I think that is unique.
OOS interview invite <3!
Cumulative 3.75, science 3.70For those who got an interview, could i ask what your gpa was?
cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.7
Lots of unique & diverse experience & researches.
Ohio was my "I won't even get in" school but thankfully I made it to interview 😭
Lots of unique & diverse experience & researches.
Ohio was my "I won't even get in" school but thankfully I made it to interview 😭
MrHaversham
Full Member
OOS interview invite!!!
You’re welcome! Thank you for your kind words!! I’m sure you are more than qualified as well 🙂 good luck to you!thank you so much for that! You sound like an amazing person who will make a great vet🙂 congratulations on the interview and thank you again!
For those who got an interview, could i ask what your gpa was?
IS interview invite! 3.76 cumulative, 3.78 science, 3.80 last 45-credits
itiswhatitis_
Full Member
cGPA: 3.16For those who got an interview, could i ask what your gpa was?
sGPA: 3.06 (might have gone up with me graduating with a B.S last week)
last 45: 3.56
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine said it was on Zoomhas anyone seen info on what platform the interview is on? I know it's virtual but it didn't say anything about them sending a zoom link or something.
oh lol i just can't read. Thank you 🙂Mine said it was on Zoom
For those that were rejected, did you get this same email?
"Thank you for your application to The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Your application materials for admission have been given careful consideration by the College of Veterinary Medicine Admissions Committee. We regret to inform you that you were not admitted to the College of Veterinary Medicine.
How do you improve your application? You can improve your overall GPA by achieving A’s in any current/future classes especially science courses. Please note: When you retake a course, it will be averaged into your overall GPA. No grades are eliminated from your GPA"
I am trying to figure out if the "How do you improve your application" section was sent to everybody. Thanks!
"Thank you for your application to The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Your application materials for admission have been given careful consideration by the College of Veterinary Medicine Admissions Committee. We regret to inform you that you were not admitted to the College of Veterinary Medicine.
How do you improve your application? You can improve your overall GPA by achieving A’s in any current/future classes especially science courses. Please note: When you retake a course, it will be averaged into your overall GPA. No grades are eliminated from your GPA"
I am trying to figure out if the "How do you improve your application" section was sent to everybody. Thanks!
That's the same email that I received. I think it was a general "how to improve"For those that were rejected, did you get this same email?
"Thank you for your application to The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Your application materials for admission have been given careful consideration by the College of Veterinary Medicine Admissions Committee. We regret to inform you that you were not admitted to the College of Veterinary Medicine.
How do you improve your application? You can improve your overall GPA by achieving A’s in any current/future classes especially science courses. Please note: When you retake a course, it will be averaged into your overall GPA. No grades are eliminated from your GPA"
I am trying to figure out if the "How do you improve your application" section was sent to everybody. Thanks!
Thank you!That's the same email that I received. I think it was a general "how to improve"
Anyone else receive a rejection email but didn’t have their portal updated? Mine still says pending
Mine from last year still says pending and I was rejected. I don’t think they update itAnyone else receive a rejection email but didn’t have their portal updated? Mine still says pending
Do they not update it cause we’re rejected or do they just not update anyone’s?Mine from last year still says pending and I was rejected. I don’t think they update it
Mine still says pending and I am on the waitlist for an interviewDo they not update it cause we’re rejected or do they just not update anyone’s?
I was offered an interview and mine still says pending.. made me panic that they made a mistake 😅Do they not update it cause we’re rejected or do they just not update anyone’s?
Congrats to all of you interviewing at OSU! I loved my OSU interview and the subsequent 4 years of vet school there that came after. Enjoy the process<3
I'm in the same boat! On sdn it seems like previous years said they don't update the portal much.I was offered an interview and mine still says pending.. made me panic that they made a mistake 😅
Also in the application portal, under the "Application requirements" tab, I don't remember filling out the "Community Enrollment Question," but it says it is complete? Does anyone else have this? Has this always been on our portals or is this new?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how much the interview is factored in to their final decision?
Education
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
does anyone know how fast the interview waitlist moves
The initial round of interview invites has until Jan 6th to schedule or decline/forfeit their interview so I imagine people will start being pulled from the waitlist after the 6thdoes anyone know how fast the interview waitlist moves
morgan2000
Full Member
Anyone know if we need to send in fall transcripts?
y'all so the interview time we chose is EST right?
MayaFaye
Full Member
y'all so the interview time we chose is EST right?
Yes. OH is EST.
Anyone know what to expect in the interview? Is it traditional? And how to prepare? Just super nervous!!
my interview from a few years ago was pretty short. They asked maybe like 5 questions and my answers really reflected my personality without being too wordy. At the end I was able to ask any questions I personally had. I recommend coming up with a couple questions to ask and just be yourself. I believe in some of the previous OSU CVM forums there are some examples of past questions (some of those were asked when I was interviewing so try to find those!)Anyone know what to expect in the interview? Is it traditional? And how to prepare? Just super nervous!!
To everyone who is interviewing, good luck!!!! And to those who did not make it to interviews this cycle, keep trying! The best thing you can do is make yourself a better candidate for the next year so they can’t turn you down!😊
what about your experience if I can ask 🙂3.68 overall and 3.45 science!
Sure! I have about ~6k hours of vet experience (mixed animal, small animal, and a mobile practice). Thousands of hours of animal experience including volunteering with equine assisted therapy and at a cat shelter. My extended family also has a farm where I spent a lot of time growing up.what about your experience if I can ask 🙂
Extracurriculars include being on the western equine team, rodeoing, academic team and national honor society in high school, and holding a few leadership roles in a federal program that assists low income/first generation/students with disabilities. I’ve been to a few national conferences that focused on leadership as well.
I have an internship with my school’s cultural center; it’s a DEI internship which I think is really unique. I also did a little bit of HIV research, not in a lab, but with the community.
Did anyone receive a link for their interview yet? From the couple emails they have sent me, I don't see a zoom link yet
MayaFaye
Full Member
Did anyone receive a link for their interview yet? From the couple emails they have sent me, I don't see a zoom link yet
This last email now didn’t have it either.
I’ve only gotten the one email saying I had an interview, what emails did you guys get from them recently?
morgan2000
Full Member
I’ve only gotten the one email saying I had an interview, what emails did you guys get from them recently?
I got a confirmation email after I set up my interview time
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They sent out a confirmation type email today with instructions about logging on to zoom and the formatI’ve only gotten the one email saying I had an interview, what emails did you guys get from them recently?
I scheduled my interview for the 28th but I didn’t get this email? I got the confirmation email for my time when I scheduled it but not this oneThey sent out a confirmation type email today with instructions about logging on to zoom and the format
i also did not receive one and my interview is on the 4th. maybe bc are interviews are later we won’t get that email just yet?I scheduled my interview for the 28th but I didn’t get this email? I got the confirmation email for my time when I scheduled it but not this one