Ohio State c/o 2028

Started by barkology
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

It’s so hard to gauge chances at any school tbh because everyone is extremely qualified and every school gets record applications every year. I promise it’s not worth comparing yourself at this point because even having the perfect gpa and hours doesn’t guarantee anything 🙁
 
My bad! I was trying to get at the grades are only 10% of the final review not that just the interview was 90%, interview and other personal things that aren’t grades. 🙂

lol you’re fine. Honestly that stresses me out because grades are my strong suit [emoji88]. I hope for good news on Friday! I’ve had nothing but bad so far.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s so hard to gauge chances at any school tbh because everyone is extremely qualified and every school gets record applications every year. I promise it’s not worth comparing yourself at this point because even having the perfect gpa and hours doesn’t guarantee anything 🙁
It also changes every year depending on the applicant pool so that doesn't help either. Someone could submit an app and get accepted, and the next cycle use the exact same app and get rejected/waitlisted. (Hypothetically if someone were to decline a seat and apply again next time ofc lol)
 
lol you’re fine. Honestly that stresses me out because grades are my strong suit [emoji88]. I hope for good news on Friday! I’ve had nothing but bad so far.
I know quite a few people in your shoes but I'm the opposite, grades are like the one thing I actually have going for me (hours and breadth of experience aren't ideal) so I'm here all but certain I'm not getting into my in-state (that is, OSU) unless a miracle happens *and* I do a perfect interview 😭
 
I know quite a few people in your shoes but I'm the opposite, grades are like the one thing I actually have going for me (hours and breadth of experience aren't ideal) so I'm here all but certain I'm not getting into my in-state (that is, OSU) unless a miracle happens *and* I do a perfect interview [emoji24]

Same. My GPA is 3.98 and I have 880+ hours spread out over various fields of vet med but I know my low hours are what got me three rejections so far. I’m rooting on OSU because in state! I hope for the best of luck to us both!
 
Anyone else super nervous for tomorrow? Hoping to not get my fourth rejection of the week. Best of luck to everyone!!!
Oh I’m terrified, this is the first application cycle I’ve really felt confident enough to pour my heart and soul into and tOSU is my IS in part because I moved to Ohio out of my available options awhile back to make that a thing. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interestingly, the interview dates on the email don't match the website to schedule so I wonder if they will be changed?
 
haven’t heard anything 🙁. congrats to all invited to interview!!!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad