Ohio State c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It’s so hard to gauge chances at any school tbh because everyone is extremely qualified and every school gets record applications every year. I promise it’s not worth comparing yourself at this point because even having the perfect gpa and hours doesn’t guarantee anything :(

Reactions: 6 users
My bad! I was trying to get at the grades are only 10% of the final review not that just the interview was 90%, interview and other personal things that aren’t grades. :)

lol you’re fine. Honestly that stresses me out because grades are my strong suit . I hope for good news on Friday! I’ve had nothing but bad so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s so hard to gauge chances at any school tbh because everyone is extremely qualified and every school gets record applications every year. I promise it’s not worth comparing yourself at this point because even having the perfect gpa and hours doesn’t guarantee anything :(
It also changes every year depending on the applicant pool so that doesn't help either. Someone could submit an app and get accepted, and the next cycle use the exact same app and get rejected/waitlisted. (Hypothetically if someone were to decline a seat and apply again next time ofc lol)

Reactions: 2 users
lol you’re fine. Honestly that stresses me out because grades are my strong suit . I hope for good news on Friday! I’ve had nothing but bad so far.
I know quite a few people in your shoes but I'm the opposite, grades are like the one thing I actually have going for me (hours and breadth of experience aren't ideal) so I'm here all but certain I'm not getting into my in-state (that is, OSU) unless a miracle happens *and* I do a perfect interview 😭

Reactions: 1 user
I know quite a few people in your shoes but I'm the opposite, grades are like the one thing I actually have going for me (hours and breadth of experience aren't ideal) so I'm here all but certain I'm not getting into my in-state (that is, OSU) unless a miracle happens *and* I do a perfect interview

Same. My GPA is 3.98 and I have 880+ hours spread out over various fields of vet med but I know my low hours are what got me three rejections so far. I’m rooting on OSU because in state! I hope for the best of luck to us both!

Anyone else super nervous for tomorrow? Hoping to not get my fourth rejection of the week. Best of luck to everyone!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone else super nervous for tomorrow? Hoping to not get my fourth rejection of the week. Best of luck to everyone!!!
Same this will be my fourth as well. Then only 2 schools left to hear from 🤞🏼

Oh I’m terrified, this is the first application cycle I’ve really felt confident enough to pour my heart and soul into and tOSU is my IS in part because I moved to Ohio out of my available options awhile back to make that a thing. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Same this will be my fourth as well. Then only 2 schools left to hear from 🤞🏼
Same, this would be my 6th rejection overall, but 4th this week and 2 left to go 😩 I’m trying to stay positive!

Super nervous! I’ve gotten 3 rejections this week and thought I was a super strong applicant. I’d love tOSU, so super crossing my fingers tonight and tomorrow!

Nah fr all I’ve had so far is disappointment I hope for at least one iota of good news.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really hope they release it in the morning! The last notification I received from a school was in the evening, and I don't want to wait that long again😅

Reactions: 1 users
Every year i have applied it’s been sent very late. One year it was around 8pm

Good luck to everyone. My GPA is on the lower end but my experiences are my strong suit. Hoping for an interview 🙏🏻 first time applying and OOS.

Good luck to everyone. My GPA is on the lower end but my experiences are my strong suit. Hoping for an interview first time applying and OOS.

OSU values experiences and interview over GPA. You have a good chance. Good luck!

OOS interview! Good luck to everyone else

Reactions: 3 users
OOS interview! First good news in a bit, good luck everyone!

OOS interview! So excited, I had given up on OOS schools

Is it coming through emails or the portal?

Congrats to everyone who's gotten an interview invite!!

IS interview! Super thankful for good news

Has anyone received a waitlist interview or denied completely yet? Will those also be released today?

Interestingly, the interview dates on the email don't match the website to schedule so I wonder if they will be changed?

I still haven’t heard anything back. does this mean a rejection is coming?

haven’t heard anything :(. congrats to all invited to interview!!!

Last edited:
OOS rejection, good luck to everyone moving onto interviews!!! I’m rooting for yall

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Is it only via email or also our portal? Congratulations to all