You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State c/o 2028
Started by barkology
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
futuredogtor12
Full Member
I haven’t gotten any email! Freaking out!
Same here!!! I wish it was all at once 😭😭😭 my friends also haven’t received anythingI haven’t gotten any email! Freaking out!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jreissatia
Full Member
Oos rejection
I got the initial email at 3:04PM and then a follow up at 3:36PM. Not sure if they’ve updated the portal but they probably didn’t. Last year i was rejected and they didn’t update it until August 2023May I ask what time it came in?
futuredogtor12
Full Member
I got the initial email at 3:04PM and then a follow up at 3:36PM. Not sure if they’ve updated the portal but they probably didn’t. Last year i was rejected and they didn’t update it until August 2023
What did the follow-up say?
“I apologize for any confusion. 2024 interview dates are: January 20, January 27, February 10. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!”What did the follow-up say?
They had just messed up the dates in the original email lol
Is anyone else still in limbo?
me 😭Is anyone else still in limbo?
Maybe check spam? Last year my rejection got sent to there and i was in limbo for a good day or soIs anyone else still in limbo?
meIs anyone else still in limbo?
futuredogtor12
Full Member
still nothing for me yet! i’m oos, 2nd app cycle, 1st to tOSU though
jreissatia
Full Member
Please someone share stats. Because at this point. I fit every school I applied to “competitive” profile that’s on their website and now i just feel messed with, that i can’t even obtain an interview
FutureDVM2713
Full Member
haven’t gotten a single thing this is nuts
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS rejection!!! Email came in at 1:03 pm 😭😭
Same, I have 10k+ varied veterinary hours and one of my recs that I worked with closely is faculty at tOSU and I know it was a strong one so I don't even really know how to improve on what they say they value for next year if I don't get in anywhere elsePlease someone share stats. Because at this point. I fit every school I applied to “competitive” profile that’s on their website and now i just feel messed with, that i can’t even obtain an interview
kaelynlabelle
Full Member
Does anyone know the likelihood of getting pulled off of the interview waitlist?
OOS rejection.
jreissatia
Full Member
That’s how I feel. Only have 2 schools left and they were my “long shot “ schools. I have about under 500 hours of vet experience but worked with small animal, companion, wildlife, farm animals. Leader of a club, apart of many clubs, volunteer and do so much, a 3.8 gpa and 3.7 science gpa. I know i can get more hours but who’s to say that’ll get me in next cycle.Same, I have 10k+ varied veterinary hours and one of my recs that I worked with closely is faculty at tOSU and I know it was a strong one so I don't even really know how to improve on what they say they value for next year if I don't get in anywhere else
gracegoesvet
Grace G: Grace Goes Vet
OOS interview!!!!
futuredogtor12
Full Member
are the emails going out alphabetically??
The cool thing with tOSU is that they have PDF form file reviews with strong and weak areas of your application checked off. My GPA wasn’t very strong so they marked that for me, however, they’re also very big on volunteering so perhaps that could help for next year if you have to reapply?Same, I have 10k+ varied veterinary hours and one of my recs that I worked with closely is faculty at tOSU and I know it was a strong one so I don't even really know how to improve on what they say they value for next year if I don't get in anywhere else
futuredogtor12
Full Member
oos rejection 🙁 only a couple schools left for me this cycle. wishing everyone the best!
Last edited:
Maybe! I have a hundred or so outside of it but most of my volunteering has been animal related so I guess that is something. I have a hair or so above a 3.0 across the board for cGPA, science, and last 45 so it could be that it was just too low as well.The cool thing with tOSU is that they have PDF form file reviews with strong and weak areas of your application checked off. My GPA wasn’t very strong so they marked that for me, however, they’re also very big on volunteering so perhaps that could help for next year if you have to reapply?
FutureDrMP
Full Member
OOS rejection😔 Wishing the best for everyone!! 2 more schools to go ✌️
Rachel Soccio
New Member
Anyone still not receive an email? I double checked my portal and everything is completed so idk why I haven’t heard anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS rejection /: I got the email at 3:30
OOS interview accepted I have a 3.79 in science and 3.84 overall. I have over 1,200 animal hours and over 550 vet hours plus research. So far Ohio is my only app that was not rejected,Can I ask your guys stats? If you got an invite
OOS rejection
good luck, I hope you get a yes!
Can I ask your guys stats? If you got an invite
OOS rejection
3.98 GPA. Idk science breakdown but I got a B in general physics 1 lab. I have around 900 veterinary hours. I had three letters of recommendation. Two of which are OSU CVM alum. Last letter was the barn manager at a farm I did a lot of volunteering at. I don’t have any research but I am the teaching assistant to one of the veterinarians that wrote me a letter (she is also a part time professor at my university).
FutureDVM2713
Full Member
i haven’t eitherAnyone still not receive an email? I double checked my portal and everything is completed so idk why I haven’t heard anything.
Feel exactly the same way :/ it’s just so competitive I don’t even know what to do to change my application except maybe cure cancer 😭Please someone share stats. Because at this point. I fit every school I applied to “competitive” profile that’s on their website and now i just feel messed with, that i can’t even obtain an interview
honestly it’s more like a lottery at this pointFeel exactly the same way :/ it’s just so competitive I don’t even know what to do to change my application except maybe cure cancer 😭
Yeah it’s probably GPA. tOSU looks at science GPA, overall GPA, and last 30 GPA, all of which were checked for me to improve on 💀 Also probably didn’t help that my last grade going into last years cycle was an F. But there’s always room for improvement! Compared to others on here I have a lower GPA so it’s still possible!Maybe! I have a hundred or so outside of it but most of my volunteering has been animal related so I guess that is something. I have a hair or so above a 3.0 across the board for cGPA, science, and last 45 so it could be that it was just too low as well.
IS Interview! This is my 4th time applying. The first time I was offered an interview and rejected, these previous two cycles no interview. Hopefully this is my year! 🤞
oos rejection. 7 rejections 1 interview, and 2 🙁more left.
OOS Rejection 🙁 still hopeful for my IS but we will see
jreissatia
Full Member
I’m so
thats What i don’t get tho. I have a 3.8 gpa and a 3.7 science gpa so i just don’t get jtYeah it’s probably GPA. tOSU looks at science GPA, overall GPA, and last 30 GPA, all of which were checked for me to improve on 💀 Also probably didn’t help that my last grade going into last years cycle was an F. But there’s always room for improvement! Compared to others on here I have a lower GPA so it’s still possible!
While a good GPA does help its not everything, especially for tOSU since they tend to be more holistic. For tOSU, all GPAs (overall, science, last 30) account for only 10% of your score when your application is being evaluated. Other schools weigh GPA higher so you may have a better time with them, like Cornell which weighs GPA at 50% or Tufts which weighs GPA at 34%I’m so
thats What i don’t get tho. I have a 3.8 gpa and a 3.7 science gpa so i just don’t get jt
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
OOS interview! after all the rejections this week, this was much needed good news
Will say I had a good gpa around 3.5, and a 3.3 science, and maybe a 3.8 last 45 gpa but we rejected my first cycle for my personal statement. I don’t attend OSU but once I change my personal statement the next cycle I got an interview and accepted.I’m so
thats What i don’t get tho. I have a 3.8 gpa and a 3.7 science gpa so i just don’t get jt
So there’s lots of things they compare on
Can i ask what feedback you got from your personal statement?Will say I had a good gpa around 3.5, and a 3.3 science, and maybe a 3.8 last 45 gpa but we rejected my first cycle for my personal statement. I don’t attend OSU but once I change my personal statement the next cycle I got an interview and accepted.
So there’s lots of things they compare on
jreissatia
Full Member
^Can i ask what feedback you got from your personal statement?
FutureDVM2713
Full Member
anyone else still not hear anything? I’m getting a little anxious and confused