Ohio State Physical Therapy Admissions Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mo98470

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to Ohio State for physical therapy and have received emails to complete their supplemental application. I completed that and then received an email asking me to activate my Ohio State User ID. My guess is that they do this for everyone, but I just wanted to check. Does anyone know the step by step admissions process for Ohio State physical therapy? What might be the next thing I receive? This could help me determine what prerequisite courses I take in the spring.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, they do that for all applicants once your PTCAS application is verified. I'm not sure when they send out decisions, but they have open houses Dec 15th and Jan 13th. I take this to mean we could hear from them as early as the beginning of Dec/late November. However, they may do acceptances in waves, meaning we could hear nothing until later. If you have outstanding prerequisites for them I would email admissions and ask what to expect.

Going off of the above, I attended the PT open house as a guest with my roommate last year. According to OSU then, all of those who receive invites to the open house are the ~120 narrowed down applicants in the running. They said to expect an answer around the end of January and Dr.Buford is very good about keeping in touch and giving you your probability of getting in if on the waitlist. My roommate was actually around 50 something but ended up getting accepted in late April (late I know) but declined as he said yes to attend elsewhere.

I applied to Ohio State for physical therapy and have received emails to complete their supplemental application. I completed that and then received an email asking me to activate my Ohio State User ID. My guess is that they do this for everyone, but I just wanted to check. Does anyone know the step by step admissions process for Ohio State physical therapy? What might be the next thing I receive? This could help me determine what prerequisite courses I take in the spring.

In PTCAS - I think in the HOME section for Ohio State, there is an email address where you could send all your transcripts and they would send you back a list of what they accept and what you still need. That should help you come up with what you should take.