You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
OK State c/o 2019 Applicants
Started by LyraGardenia
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Excited for you. I'm a second year and there are a couple more of us current students so if you all have any questions we're here for ya.
I'm just waiting on a response about whether or not the nutrition courses I took in school will cover the Animal Nutrition pre-requisite, and if they do then I am definitely applying here!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm hoping to apply here too! This is the only school that I want to apply that has organic chemistry 2 in their pre-requisites, and seeing how I hated orgo 1 and barely passed it, I am debating if I should apply here or not. I never visited, but I seem to like this school a lot! Ugh orgo 2 though...
Good luck to everyone =)
Good luck to everyone =)
Odd. I thought all schools required 2 semesters of orgo. Anywho, I am also a 2nd year if anyone has ?s. 

Odd. I thought all schools required 2 semesters of orgo. Anywho, I am also a 2nd year if anyone has ?s.![]()
I can't remember if I said this but congrats on surviving first year! The worst is over
Thanks! Life always gets easier when you know a few more people and settle in to house and town. Glad you are starting to get into your new life as well.I can't remember if I said this but congrats on surviving first year! The worst is over

So I'm working on the supplemental app, but I'm confused by the "planned prerequisite/non-prerequisite courses" page. The instructions just say "List all courses you plan to take to satisfy prerequisites. Even if you are unsure of the classes you are taking, at least list the required courses you are planning on taking." Is this page just for any courses we plan on taking fall 2014 and spring 2015? (So since I've graduated and am not taking classes those semesters, I would leave it blank.) Or is this page for listing all the courses we have taken to satisfy prerequisites? I don't remember if there was a similar page last year or how I filled it out.
Probably best to just email Anna. Not sure I remember the supplemental that well, but I think since I already had the pre reqs done I left something like that blank.
I may have overlooked it but does anyone know if OkState has a way to track your application status? The other schools I applied to gave us a link so we can track when they receive GRE scores, VMCAS app, supplemental app, etc.
You can email Anna and she'll let you know if they have everything. As far as interviews if you're instate then you'll find out in January, and all acceptances are late February early March. As far as I know there isn't a status update.
Things have changed a bit, so once they download applications and confirm they have everything, emails are being sent. They are of course doing them in batches, so it might take a moment, but Anna said probably all emails should be sent by Nov 1. 🙂I may have overlooked it but does anyone know if OkState has a way to track your application status? The other schools I applied to gave us a link so we can track when they receive GRE scores, VMCAS app, supplemental app, etc.
Applying here as an OOS. Good luck to everyone!
You can email Anna and she'll let you know if they have everything. As far as interviews if you're instate then you'll find out in January, and all acceptances are late February early March. As far as I know there isn't a status update.
Thank you! Both of your posts are really helpful. BTW, I am OOS from Georgia.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cool. We have several people from Georgia in our class!
Anyone have any updates? I haven't heard back from OK State yet....
As an OOS, you won't hear anything until acceptances, wait list, and rejections are sent out . Last year was around end of Feb. I believe.Anyone have any updates? I haven't heard back from OK State yet....
Don't they interview in Feb?
IS onlyDon't they interview in Feb?
Oh lol. For some reason I thought it was the other way aroundIS only
Thanks! Here's to more waiting
Yall try to have a happy holidays!
Anyone know about if/how they want Fall Transcripts?
Yes, they do.... official ones in the mail, most likely. You should call if you want more precise information.
If I remember correctly, last year they just required them sent to VMCAS, but I agree I would check with the school.
That confuses me though because VMCAS is always like "we don't accept anything after october"If I remember correctly, last year they just required them sent to VMCAS, but I agree I would check with the school.
It's possible they've changed things this year, I suppose. Last year it seemed like some schools wanted fall transcripts sent directly to them, some just wanted them sent to VMCAS, and some didn't want them at all. I graduated in May and am just working now, so I don't have to worry about sending fall transcripts this year!That confuses me though because VMCAS is always like "we don't accept anything after october"
On an unrelated note, does anyone know if OK State accepts updates about recent experiences? I know all the other schools I applied to don't, but I want to make sure I've got my bases covered, especially since OK doesn't interview OOS applicants.
I would bet that they would accept updates.
Also, they want fall transcripts mailed to the school itself (not VMCAS) for anyone interested:
" We will accept them by mail or electronically directly from the school. If you are mailing they need to go to the address below.
OSU-CVHS Student Services
112 McElroy Hall
Stillwater, OK 74078 "
Also, they want fall transcripts mailed to the school itself (not VMCAS) for anyone interested:
" We will accept them by mail or electronically directly from the school. If you are mailing they need to go to the address below.
OSU-CVHS Student Services
112 McElroy Hall
Stillwater, OK 74078 "
yepAnybody else receive a seasons greetings email?
Nice to finally have some info!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any other Delaware residents out there applying to Oklahoma this year?
Called to see if they have received my fall transcript and Delaware residency verification and the admission said all week then plan on processing fall transcripts. She said the process is moving along in case anyone wanted an update.
If anyone hasn't sent their transcripts yet, you can send it by email to [email protected].
Has anyone been able to find past admission stats?
http://cvhs.okstate.edu/CVHS-fact-sheet
It is kind of in a weird place and has all the general school statistics, but the current 2018 class is there.
It is kind of in a weird place and has all the general school statistics, but the current 2018 class is there.
Rejected, again, due to a different pre-req issue than last year. 🙁
Last year the issue was that I ended up having to retake organic II that spring semester, and they require courses taken for substitution to be done by the fall semester you apply. I was upset, but it was my own fault for overlooking that. (The rejection letter they sent me last year also incorrectly indicated that I was missing biochem, which I took last spring and which they knew I was taking from the transcript I sent them with fall grades, but that's beside the point.) Now yesterday I got an email stating I'm ineligible because I'm missing chem II lab. I took chem II lab, but chem I and II lab were combined at my school, so I assumed that was a source of confusion, so I called Anna to sort it out. Turns out it was supposed to say that I was missing organic II lab, which is accurate, but I wish I would have known that they required so I didn't waste my time and money applying. The pre-req page on their website (http://cvhs.okstate.edu/Required_Pre-Veterinary_Courses) just says they require 8 hours of organic chem I, II and lab, and I did take organic I lecture, organic I lab and organic II lecture for a total of 8 hours. It looks like at OK State for undergrad they just have one organic lab course that covers both I and II. Maybe I should have gotten this clarified before I applied, but I'm a little annoyed by the confusing, inconsistent, and downright inaccurate information I keep getting from them. Odds are I would have been rejected this year even if I did meet their requirements, but I'm just embarrassed and frustrated.
Rejected, again, due to a different pre-req issue than last year. 🙁Last year the issue was that I ended up having to retake organic II that spring semester, and they require courses taken for substitution to be done by the fall semester you apply. I was upset, but it was my own fault for overlooking that. (The rejection letter they sent me last year also incorrectly indicated that I was missing biochem, which I took last spring and which they knew I was taking from the transcript I sent them with fall grades, but that's beside the point.) Now yesterday I got an email stating I'm ineligible because I'm missing chem II lab. I took chem II lab, but chem I and II lab were combined at my school, so I assumed that was a source of confusion, so I called Anna to sort it out. Turns out it was supposed to say that I was missing organic II lab, which is accurate, but I wish I would have known that they required so I didn't waste my time and money applying. The pre-req page on their website (http://cvhs.okstate.edu/Required_Pre-Veterinary_Courses) just says they require 8 hours of organic chem I, II and lab, and I did take organic I lecture, organic I lab and organic II lecture for a total of 8 hours. It looks like at OK State for undergrad they just have one organic lab course that covers both I and II. Maybe I should have gotten this clarified before I applied, but I'm a little annoyed by the confusing, inconsistent, and downright inaccurate information I keep getting from them. Odds are I would have been rejected this year even if I did meet their requirements, but I'm just embarrassed and frustrated.
So sorry =( Similar thing happened to me
Really sorry to hear that guys! Unfortunately, one of my lab mates was also rejected for a stupid technicality on course classification. I really don't understand some of the minute details that are not budged upon. Still, luck to you for elsewhere!! 

Sorry that happened to you guys! It sucks to put so much effort in only to have a technicality hold you back. Best of luck wherever else you applied!
Was looking at apartments just for fun ( I have to sit in the library for three hours a day and wait for people to show up for chemistry tutoring so what better way to pass the time then looking at apartments). Seems like there are a lot of nice places in the Stillwater area.
Lots of living options in Stillwater. I rent a two bed/1ba house for $600 (I pay utilities, but still pretty cheap) with a great backyard for my dogs. Should you get accepted and decide to move here, there are plenty of people to either share a house with, tell you which apartments are the best, or if you are independent like myself, find a small house all to yourself. The class Facebook page explodes with opportunities as soon as decisions are made. 🙂Was looking at apartments just for fun ( I have to sit in the library for three hours a day and wait for people to show up for chemistry tutoring so what better way to pass the time then looking at apartments). Seems like there are a lot of nice places in the Stillwater area.
Last edited:
I wonder if this means us OOS people,who haven't received an email yet are still in the running. I know they said they would send ineligible letters out by Jan 30 around the time they send out IS interviews.
Eligible OOS will hear back when all acceptance/wait list and denied around last week Feb first week of March.I wonder if this means us OOS people,who haven't received an email yet are still in the running. I know they said they would send ineligible letters out by Jan 30 around the time they send out IS interviews.
Yay! Congrats! I am usually a tour/mingler so hopefully we can meet! Let me know if you have any Qs!!Hey, I just joined on here. I have an interview Feb. 13th! I'm super excited and nervous!
I wonder if this means us OOS people,who haven't received an email yet are still in the running. I know they said they would send ineligible letters out by Jan 30 around the time they send out IS interviews.
I keep telling myself " I just gotta make it two more days without getting an email and I'll be safe......for now" lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too lol!!!I keep telling myself " I just gotta make it two more days without getting an email and I'll be safe......for now" lol
I can ask tomorrow if all whoopsy letters have been sent out to at least save you a day. 🙂
That would be much appreciated [emoji4]I can ask tomorrow if all whoopsy letters have been sent out to at least save you a day. 🙂
That would be awesome! I'm taking the twelve o'clock tour 🙂Eligible OOS will hear back when all acceptance/wait list and denied around last week Feb first week of March.
Yay! Congrats! I am usually a tour/mingler so hopefully we can meet! Let me know if you have any Qs!!
Alrighty, checked with Anna and all notifications have been sent for disqualifications and IS interviews, so OOS, no news officially equals good news for now. Also, all acceptance, wait list and denials will be email this year, so no more waiting for snail mail! 
