Okay to list this as Clinical employment and then explain the situation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RespectTheChemistry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi -

I have been a medical advocate with a rape crisis center since 2014 with a couple-year break during the pandemic.

They offer contractual pay if you exceed 24 total hours of call per month. I way exceed that. I like the work and need the money.

The problem is that this is a new program (paying volunteers for excess call shifts) that just started this year. I didn't get paid my first several years here.

I feel like I shouldn't list this as Volunteer-Clinical if I got 1099 pay towards the end. I didn't get paid for all of it and it seems disingenuous to list it as Paid Clinical.

What is the most honest thing to do here?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
List the hours for which you did not get paid as volunteer, and the paid hours as employment.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
P.S. I love that picture of Ori in your avatar. (Is that Ori? I can't tell them apart sometimes.)

I got some flowers from my mom for my birthday and got a cute one of my cat smelling flowers like that. :) This is Howard if you have not been formally introduced.

PXL_20220713_032614661.MP.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I would suggest using one slot, label it volunteer clinical and then break out the time into two slots and explain in the text box that the time from x to x dates were paid if your hours exceeded N hours per month. I don't think it is so important that it ought to commandeer two slots.

Reactions: 6 users
I would suggest using one slot, label it volunteer clinical and then break out the time into two slots and explain in the text box that the time from x to x dates were paid if your hours exceeded N hours per month. I don't think it is so important that it ought to commandeer two slots.

Thank you! :)