-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Oklahoma State C/O 2028
Started by Ashyarmuth
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
annabellegbonds
Full Member
OOS applicant! Any idea of when we will hear something?
Their website says that out-of-state applicants do not interview, and will be notified on January 15, 2024. https://vetmed.okstate.edu/programs...sions_timeline23_24_resident_non-resident.pdf. Hope this helps!OOS applicant! Any idea of when we will hear something?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hbbqtwists
Cornell Veterinary Student c/o 2028
Be sure to send in transcripts showing Fall 2023 grades! They mentioned that the earlier you send them in, the more likely you'll hear admissions status earlier too.
hbbqtwists
Cornell Veterinary Student c/o 2028
OOS applicants: anyone else getting anxious about decisions? I know we only have about 2 weeks left until we hear anything, but the wait is killing me.
hbbqtwists
Cornell Veterinary Student c/o 2028
Will we still hear something on Jan 15 even though it's MLK day? I'm not sure if OSU considers it a holiday or not.
annabellegbonds
Full Member
Do we still think we will hear something today?
The university is closed today for MLK day and closed tomorrow for weather because of the freeze so I’m gonna guess that’s pretty unlikely. I mean, maybe, but if I were in your shoes, I’d assume not and then just be pleasantly surprised if someone in admissions is working on the equivalent of a snow day.
Last edited:
hbbqtwists
Cornell Veterinary Student c/o 2028
Hopefully we'll hear something by the end of the week or early next. The two days off might have set them back a bit.Could today be the day? I’m guessing the school is fully open again since I don’t see a closure announcement anywhere!?
Equally excited and terrified and will most likely continue to be both until that email comes!
Abby Moore
Full Member
I’m hoping for today! The website said the 15th for oos, but the email said the 31st. Needing some good news today. 🥲
Yes I also noticed that, I wonder what has been going on!I’m hoping for today! The website said the 15th for oos, but the email said the 31st. Needing some good news today. 🥲
Ashyarmuth
Full Member
I haven't heard anything either. OOS!
Gaby gross
New Member
What should be there! Nothing received here either? Did you get something?Check your emails!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hbbqtwists
Cornell Veterinary Student c/o 2028
OOS, I haven't gotten anything either
Yes, I know OOS doesn’t get interviewed but IS emails just got released concerning interviews. We originally got emails stating a timeline of 1/31. Didn’t know if all interview/ decisions came out today or notWhat should be there! Nothing received here either? Did you get something?
hbbqtwists
Cornell Veterinary Student c/o 2028
Hopefully this is the week 🤞
So does anyone have any idea of when they will release any information? Have any OOS applicants gotten anything?
annabellegbonds
Full Member
So does anyone have any idea of when they will release any information? Have any OOS applicants gotten anything?
I don’t know. I’m getting impatient, lol. Maybe we should contact them and ask?
I emailed them this week and asked for clarification on the date letters go out and she said it will be before the end of the monthI don’t know. I’m getting impatient, lol. Maybe we should contact them and ask?
annabellegbonds
Full Member
Definitely thought it would have been today 🙁
Gaby gross
New Member
I really did too!😳Definitely thought it would have been today 🙁
hbbqtwists
Cornell Veterinary Student c/o 2028
It has to be next week if they are claiming we'll know by the end of the month!
annabellegbonds
Full Member
Could it be today?
Jenn Ackerman
Full Member
I feel like if anything it will be tomorrowCould it be today?
annabellegbonds
Full Member
So, I guess it’s tomorrow. Praying for everyone 🙂
annabellegbonds
Full Member
OOS acceptance!
Abby Moore
Full Member
OOS Acceptance! 😊
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS alternate! Does anyone have any idea how many people they put on the alternate list/is it the same thing as a waitlist?
Last edited:
Jenn Ackerman
Full Member
OOS Alternate! Does your guys' email for those on the alternate list, tell you your ranking or how your guys' application compares to those being offered admission?
hbbqtwists
Cornell Veterinary Student c/o 2028
OOS acceptance!
No they said they can’t tell you your ranking for privacy purposesOOS Alternate! Does your guys' email for those on the alternate list, tell you your ranking or how your guys' application compares to those being offered admission?
no they just wrote this in my email “Confidentiality of applicant records prevents us from releasing specific rankings of alternates, but we are pleased to tell you that your records compare favorably with those of students being offered admission.”OOS Alternate! Does your guys' email for those on the alternate list, tell you your ranking or how your guys' application compares to those being offered admission?
OOS alternate here.
You may be able to contact them and ask if where you’re ranked has been accepted in years past. They gave me that info last cycleOOS Alternate! Does your guys' email for those on the alternate list, tell you your ranking or how your guys' application compares to those being offered admission?
OOS Alternate! Does your guys' email for those on the alternate list, tell you your ranking or how your guys' application compares to those being offered admission?
no they just wrote this in my email “Confidentiality of applicant records prevents us from releasing specific rankings of alternates, but we are pleased to tell you that your records compare favorably with those of students being offered admission"
You may be able to contact them and ask if where you’re ranked has been accepted in years past. They gave me that info last cycle
What did you ask to get that information? Did you find it useful?
I asked exactly that question. I mean it gives you an idea of if they will pull you from the list or not. I unfortunately did not.What did you ask to get that information? Did you find it useful?
Jenn Ackerman
Full Member
did they tell you how many people last year were on the alternate list?You may be able to contact them and ask if where you’re ranked has been accepted in years past. They gave me that info last cycle
Ashyarmuth
Full Member
OOS acceptance!
They did notdid they tell you how many people last year were on the alternate list?
Abby Moore
Full Member
Does anyone that already accepted their OOS seat want to start a group chat and start getting to know each other?
Alison Randla
New Member
Yes!Does anyone that already accepted their OOS seat want to start a group chat and start getting to know each other?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ashyarmuth
Full Member
I will be turning down my OOS offer since I got into my in state school! I hope this helps you guys on the waitlist!
Zaneta Ogunmola
Full Member
Are there any POC students that currently go or went to Oklahoma State Vet School that could talk about their experience, good or bad?
Gaby gross
New Member
OOS Alternate!
Have always wanted to go to OKState! I think I was meant to be a Cowboy!
It's always been my first choice anyway, so give me a call and I will be there! 🙂
Have always wanted to go to OKState! I think I was meant to be a Cowboy!
It's always been my first choice anyway, so give me a call and I will be there! 🙂
Zaneta Ogunmola
Full Member
Is there a GroupMe or Facebook page for accepted students?