Oklahoma State 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS acceptance, curious about how things look with the construction of the new hospital. Right now it is drawing me away due to the fact that it won't be done for another few years. Curious about anyone else's thoughts.
Did you get your acceptance on Jan 28 when everyone else did or was it more recent?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ah that's true. Is there a certain number of people that these schools normally make alternates or are all they pretty much different. I'm just trying to decide if going to an admitted students day to tour is worth the time/cost 🙂
 
ah that's true. Is there a certain number of people that these schools normally make alternates or are all they pretty much different. I'm just trying to decide if going to an admitted students day to tour it is worth the time/cost 🙂
All different. Sometimes it comes to bite them in the butt like at Illinois back in 2018ish (I may be way off on that year, it may have been earlier than that) when they had way more people accept than normal. Someone in admin was talking to OkSUalumni at a conference a year or two ago and said that the admissions group just knows approximately how many offers it usually takes to fill their seats based upon prior experience, and admissions just decides how many people they go with for interviews and offers/waitlists based on that experience. I wouldn’t be surprised if they waitlisted more than normal this year though to be sure they had enough people to fill the class.
 
Is there anyone that could share their opinion on the curriculum, teaching hospital experience, work/life balance
 
Is there anyone that could share their opinion on the curriculum, teaching hospital experience, work/life balance
I’m a professor at Oklahoma State. I’m mostly in the teaching hospital, but also teach in the third year. Things have changed a lot since I was a student so I won’t try to relay the student experience, but I’m more than happy to try and answer questions you have.
 
OK OOS alternates, it starts today! Did anybody else get an email from them this morning telling you to be on the lookout for calls from certain numbers? Trying not to get too excited over here...
 
OK OOS alternates, it starts today! Did anybody else get an email from them this morning telling you to be on the lookout for calls from certain numbers? Trying not to get too excited over here...
Also received. And doing research it sounds like it’s a pretty broad email versus anything targeted to a certain population. 😒 I hope they start making calls soon!
 
I have a family friend with a home for sale in Stillwater. 3bed/2bath 1500 sq ft home built in 2015, 2 car garage, underground storm cellar in garage, fenced yard. 6 minute drive to the vet school. They’re asking 280k.

It looks nice in photos; PM me if you’re looking to buy and interested and I can send the address, photos and pass along the owner’s info.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad