Oklahoma State dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nstu

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm trying to find out if OU has any plans to allow students to persue a dental career in Tulsa. I'm married with two children and really don't have the option of comuting to Norman. I was hoping someone in the OU dental program could help me out. Trying to get this kind of info. from the school is a royal P.I.T.A..

Members don't see this ad.

I take your meaning to be "will another dental school open in Norman?" This is anot a decision for OSU, but for the state. It is highly unlikely that Oklahoma will open a second dental school in Norman. Almost all medical and dental schools centralize the basic science years on the home campus, but the clinical training may be decentralized.

It seems to me you are going to have to make the adjustment and sacrifice if a dental education is important to you, not the dental school nor the state. It is not uncommon for one marriage partner to remain at home and the other partner attend a professional school elsewhere, but the marriage has to be solid for that to work.

Sorry, I got the cities in the wrong order. Substitute Tulsa for Norman.

Didn't ORU have a dental school in Tulsa that closed down a few years back?