OMFS externships for dental school grads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quarterelven

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw a similar thread from 2009 but it was unresolved...

Anybody know of any programs that consider Residents/Fellows (ie post-grad, but still university affiliated)?

I've spammed a few, but scared that bugging them (when their website clearly says for dental students) will hurt my eventual application.

Members don't see this ad.

from what I see on program websites thus far, being a dental student is a "requirement" or the programs are "intended for" dental students. if you know of programs that differ, that's awesome. are you referring to a specific program @vellnuene?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dental Research. I graduated a US dental school, did a GPR, now this Fellowship.

from what I see on program websites thus far, being a dental student is a "requirement" or the programs are "intended for" dental students. if you know of programs that differ, that's awesome. are you referring to a specific program @vellnuene?

That's because most of the people who want to do them are dental students and they don't want pre-dents trying to do them. Give them a call.