On HOLD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USArmyDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been put on HOLD at three places so far:
1. SUNY Upstate
2. George Washington
3. Morehouse School of Medicine

What the hell is with this crap putting me on HOLD?! I understand my MCAT is weak but why not just reject me. I guess its better than a rejection but they do keep you in suspense and make you lose hope at the sametime. Any information would be great guys.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe they would like to see updates to your file. Ex. extra classes, updated awards and activities.

I got one for my state school, and in the message, they said they would be glad to receive anything that would greatly enhance my file.

Hope this helps

USArmyDoc said:
I have been put on HOLD at three places so far:
1. SUNY Upstate
2. George Washington
3. Morehouse School of Medicine

What the hell is with this crap putting me on HOLD?! I understand my MCAT is weak but why not just reject me. I guess its better than a rejection but they do keep you in suspense and make you lose hope at the sametime. Any information would be great guys.

Thanks
Also on hold at GW and Loyola.

In college we had a term for being in this type of situation. USArmyDoc, you and I are "back up ho's"--we're not stellar, but if someone they like better gives them the boot, we need to be on call with a six pack and a smile.

Members don't see this ad :)
gdbaby said:
Also on hold at GW and Loyola.

In college we had a term for being in this type of situation. USArmyDoc, you and I are "back up ho's"--we're not stellar, but if someone they like better gives them the boot, we need to be on call with a six pack and a smile.

Yea, I got ya Gdbaby. To the other poster, I am going to be sending updates to the schools. I guess we are the back-up to the back-ups. :( It is pretty funny though when you think about it that way. :laugh:

And here I was today coming home from school hoping to find good news. Well, I got one rejection and another HOLD. :mad:

USArmyDoc said:
What the hell is with this crap putting me on HOLD?! I understand my MCAT is weak but why not just reject me. I guess its better than a rejection but they do keep you in suspense and make you lose hope at the sametime.

:laugh: I agree. Waiting is no fun, when HOLD is just a synonym for death sentence. They just want to suck the life out of you slowly and painfully.

medworm said:
:laugh: I agree. Waiting is no fun, when HOLD is just a synonym for death sentence. They just want to suck the life out of you slowly and painfully.

Is it a synonym of death though?!? I mean why reject some and put others on HOLD if there is no hope. I don't get this process and I never will.