Online Physiology or Anatomy or Microbiology courses!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i need to take these courses. i work full time and would like to take it online. i want to apply to california pharmacy schools so anyone know if there're any legit ones that are usually accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

I would contact the pharmacy schools directly and ask them. Usually those classes require lab, especially microbiology. I didn't have labs with my anatomy and physiology, but because I'm a biology major and have other upper division science courses such as genetics and cell biology, some schools I've e-mailed have waived the labs for me. Some schools did, but not all. (And I'm simply not applying to the schools that didn't. :p ) Your best bet is just to e-mail the schools directly. Good luck!

did u take an online course? is so, where?

i'm looking at western u, and their site says anatomy, physiology, and microbiology is lab optional. where can i take these classes online then? w/o labs.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Even if you find out that you CAN take these classes online, I would only recommend taking Anatomy online of the three you listed. While anatomy is very cut and dry, microbiology and (especially) physiology have some concepts that you would be much better off learning in a traditional setting.

my advice is .. Dont even think about taking online courses of anatomy and physiology. Yes u may have chance of taking it but more likely many schools wont honor those.

I would contact the pharmacy schools directly and ask them. Usually those classes require lab, especially microbiology. I didn't have labs with my anatomy and physiology, but because I'm a biology major and have other upper division science courses such as genetics and cell biology, some schools I've e-mailed have waived the labs for me. Some schools did, but not all. (And I'm simply not applying to the schools that didn't. :p ) Your best bet is just to e-mail the schools directly. Good luck!

+1

Every school is different and you're better off contacting them yourself to get this information.

did u take an online course? is so, where?

i'm looking at western u, and their site says anatomy, physiology, and microbiology is lab optional. where can i take these classes online then? w/o labs.

I go to the U of MN, and I took biochemistry and genetics online and plan to take cell biology online. I don't feel bad about taking them online, because they are lecture-only classes. I listen to online lectures and then go in person to take the tests - love, love, love.