Online prereqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlaskanPT2b

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to a PT school that starts in the fall, but my acceptance is based on the assumption that I will complete and pass two courses before matriculation (I didn't already take these courses because I wasn't initially planning to go to this school, and didn't plan my undergrad years accordingly).

I was going to take them this summer out of state, but I got offered a research position in Alaska, which will require that I stay for the summer.

Anyway, I would like to know if I have the option of taking these classes online at any university? I have done some searching without any luck. I need to take microbiology and exercise physiology

I need these classes to be for the summer

If any of you have taken these classes online, please let me know what school it was. At this point I don't even know if I have an option... Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok I found microbiology (Mississippi State University) but I can't find an exercize physiology class that isn't for graduate school, which I would have to be admitted to in order to take the class.

So does anyone have an opinion on me taking these classes online? Would it really hurt me? I tried to ask the PT school I will be attending, but they never responded...

Keep in mind that I am already accepted, as long as I complete these two classes.

I now have a better grasp on my financial situation and decided it would be financially stupid of me to move early in order to complete these two classes in the summer. I have two very good paying jobs in Alaska (higher wages) and if I move early I'd have to try to find a job and could be out of work for a month and then make very low wages. Also, to take these classes I will have to pay the university around 5k because of fees and out-of-state tuition. I'm pretty sure I can find the classes online for a price comparable if not better than that.

I would appreciate any thoughts... Thanks