Online Resources for a new student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaspal989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have just started studying Pharmacy in the past week, and I would like to know what websites would be useful in aiding my study. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I have just started studying Pharmacy in the past week, and I would like to know what websites would be useful in aiding my study. Thank you.

Your question is a little too broad. Upperclassmen will be your best bet for class-specific help - particularly in regards to getting good grades and such. Hopefully they pass down good notes/old exams/ etc.

As far as online resources go I like Clinical Pharmacology for looking up drug facts. My first year we spent almost no time learning about drugs so I don't think a true "pharmacy" resource is gonna help you, unless your curriculum is much different than mine.

Good Luck with your first year!

Your school probably has access to quite a few resources, so you might give your pharmacy school library a call and ask them what you have and how you access it.

For example, we have something called Access Pharmacy that has a ton of texts online and we also have access to Lexi-Complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your school probably has access to quite a few resources, so you might give your pharmacy school library a call and ask them what you have and how you access it.

For example, we have something called Access Pharmacy that has a ton of texts online and we also have access to Lexi-Complete.

Oh yeah, Access Pharmacy is pretty awesome if you love textbooks and don't want to buy them.

The two websites that I use the most are dailymed and medlineplus. The first to pull package inserts and the last to look up reliable information on disease states. There are other websites but I don't usually bother with them.

Also, I would recommend Drug Information Rounds with the FDA. It provides information in a concise youtube video about certain medications that the FDA regards as interesting. Unfortunately, it's relatively new and there aren't many releases but the ones that are released are fairly interesting.

Good luck with school. :laugh:

Maybe not so much for studying, but globalrph is a huge resource. Especially for hospital pharmacists.