Opinions needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr.kennethnoisewater

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I work at a hospital. Would it be unprofessional or weird to ask a doctor if I could shadow them while working. I mainly pass them in elevators or at work stations. Should I just find a different way to contact them. Thanks.
 
I work at a hospital. Would it be unprofessional or weird to ask a doctor if I could shadow them while working. I mainly pass them in elevators or at work stations. Should I just find a different way to contact them. Thanks.
Nope, this seems like the ideal way to do it, especially if you have a badge or whatever on to show you're not just some random person to follow them around.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I work at a hospital. Would it be unprofessional or weird to ask a doctor if I could shadow them while working. I mainly pass them in elevators or at work stations. Should I just find a different way to contact them. Thanks.

Just make sure you have acne and your voice cracks a couple of times while asking.
 
It's unprofessional to have "Dr." in your screen name when you haven't even taken the MCAT, much less matriculated into med school.
 
Perhaps adults should not ask dumb questions. They're doctors, not the prom queen. And even if she was the queen, just talk to them. They're people, too.
 
Nope. The ones that ask are the ones that receive.

If he/she says no, ask politely if he could refer you to someone.