Jan 29, 2018
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I am looking a program that does clinicals the last three semesters, but am wondering if that would be a challenge with boards. I realize that I will be studying after I leave the clinic during those rotations, but it seems like it would be easier to study for boards if I had some opportunity to be back in classes and studying with my peers over that last year. Has anyone been in a program with a similar layout that can provide input?

nd_dpt

2+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2015
Status
Physical Therapist
I am looking a program that does clinicals the last three semesters, but am wondering if that would be a challenge with boards. I realize that I will be studying after I leave the clinic during those rotations, but it seems like it would be easier to study for boards if I had some opportunity to be back in classes and studying with my peers over that last year. Has anyone been in a program with a similar layout that can provide input?
My school does rotations for the last 8 months of the program and our pass rate on the boards is 100%. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Reactions: NewTestament

PT703

2+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2016
VA
Status
Physical Therapy Student, Physical Therapist
Yea Im in a program where all the didactic work is completed first, doesn't feel like it will affect my board test performance.

PTMattI

5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2012
Status
Physical Therapist
My school had clinicals all off last year and we all did fine on boards. Not a big deal

About the Ads