opinions on DPT programs with clinicals the entire last year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

to.PT.or.not.to.PT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking a program that does clinicals the last three semesters, but am wondering if that would be a challenge with boards. I realize that I will be studying after I leave the clinic during those rotations, but it seems like it would be easier to study for boards if I had some opportunity to be back in classes and studying with my peers over that last year. Has anyone been in a program with a similar layout that can provide input?

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking a program that does clinicals the last three semesters, but am wondering if that would be a challenge with boards. I realize that I will be studying after I leave the clinic during those rotations, but it seems like it would be easier to study for boards if I had some opportunity to be back in classes and studying with my peers over that last year. Has anyone been in a program with a similar layout that can provide input?
My school does rotations for the last 8 months of the program and our pass rate on the boards is 100%. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea Im in a program where all the didactic work is completed first, doesn't feel like it will affect my board test performance.

My school had clinicals all off last year and we all did fine on boards. Not a big deal