• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
Jan 29, 2018
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I am looking a program that does clinicals the last three semesters, but am wondering if that would be a challenge with boards. I realize that I will be studying after I leave the clinic during those rotations, but it seems like it would be easier to study for boards if I had some opportunity to be back in classes and studying with my peers over that last year. Has anyone been in a program with a similar layout that can provide input?

nd_dpt

2+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2015
Status
Physical Therapist
I am looking a program that does clinicals the last three semesters, but am wondering if that would be a challenge with boards. I realize that I will be studying after I leave the clinic during those rotations, but it seems like it would be easier to study for boards if I had some opportunity to be back in classes and studying with my peers over that last year. Has anyone been in a program with a similar layout that can provide input?
My school does rotations for the last 8 months of the program and our pass rate on the boards is 100%. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Reactions: NewTestament

PT703

2+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2016
VA
Status
Physical Therapy Student, Physical Therapist
Yea Im in a program where all the didactic work is completed first, doesn't feel like it will affect my board test performance.

PTMattI

5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2012
Status
Physical Therapist
My school had clinicals all off last year and we all did fine on boards. Not a big deal

About the Ads