This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monica__t_

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else have a transcript sent out yet that has arrived to Optomcas? I had one sent to Optomcas and one sent to my house on the same day. I received the one in my mail two days later, and was assuming the status on Optomcas would have changed as it should have been received by now too. Are they going to start checking at a later date or should I follow up about it?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same situation. I have received my transcript, but OptomCAS says they haven't received yet. It'll probably take awhile here at the beginning from the first wave of applicants.

yeah i figured with the holiday too there could be some delay. I'll probably wait another week or two and see if they get it

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!

do you happen to know if it is recommended that we have our colleges send our transcripts to OptomCAS before or after we submit our application?
Thanks!

I was under the impression that they should be sent as soon as possible since it takes time for your school to send them out and then for optomcas to process, but I'm not sure

Yes send out your transcripts asap. It takes a while for your school to send them, a while for optomcas to acknowledge they received them, and then a while for optomcas to actually process/verify the transcript. They get thousands of transcripts, so you want to leave plenty of time for this process.

I have read that the transcripts can take a full 10 days to be input into OptomCAS. If you paid the transcript entry maybe another day or so. I'm expecting next week. Anyone else already send your Evaluations/referrals out and had that 3rd party not receive it. I had all 3 add optomcas email to contacts and check junk folders. I guess my question is does the evaluation request which says "SENT" actually wait to go out until we click submit on the entire application? Thanks for your input.

Reactions: 1 user
I have read that the transcripts can take a full 10 days to be input into OptomCAS. If you paid the transcript entry maybe another day or so. I'm expecting next week. Anyone else already send your Evaluations/referrals out and had that 3rd party not receive it. I had all 3 add optomcas email to contacts and check junk folders. I guess my question is does the evaluation request which says "SENT" actually wait to go out until we click submit on the entire application? Thanks for your input.
Good question! I honestly have a similar question. Hope to hear from some people who can answer that

I sent out my evaluation requests and they were submitted (it says received once they do actually turn it in, and youll get an email update) before I submitted (and paid for )my application!

will they verify your coursework before you submit the application? Or once you have submitted they check to see if there are errors in the coursework you have entered?

Good question! I honestly have a similar question. Hope to hear from some people who can answer that

Once you enter your evaluators contact information an email is sent automatically to your evaluators. When your evaluator submits your LOR OptomCAS sends you an email to notify you.

I got an email when my transcript was received so it did end up taking over a week

I got an email when my transcript was received so it did end up taking over a week

Do you know if we have to have our courses manually entered into OptomCAS by the time that our transcript is received? Or does OptomCAS verify that information once we submit?