OR Bag

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xClashx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a nice compact OR bag to put scissors, Ipad/ stethoscope, flash cards, and some anesthesia stuff (while on call)? Looking for a sling bag to bring into OR (preferably water proof and easy to clean). Light weight, small.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I carry a Chrome Citizen messenger bag. They have multiple sizes/styles, and they’re rugged. Mine is going on 7 years of daily use.

Reactions: 1 users
Buffalo Jackson bags. Kinda pricey but awesome quality and look sharp IMO.

Attachments

• 47D6E436-58A5-4385-8083-FCC3A0C3EBEC.png
    47D6E436-58A5-4385-8083-FCC3A0C3EBEC.png
    287.9 KB · Views: 122
Members don't see this ad :)
Timbuk2 classic messenger bag, size medium or small.

Several of my co-residents and I had this one.
Many colors available, looks great, and plenty of pockets for stuff. Also fits a standard iPad, charger, and stethoscope easily.

$16 on amazon, because link doesn't appear to work properly:
MOSISO Sling Backpack, Multipurpose Crossbody Shoulder Bag Travel Hiking Daypack

Amazon product

AORN has over reached their authority as usual and banned us from bringing even easily cleaning bags in. Along with our scrub caps and previously OR approved jackets. It’s all a power trip to make doctors do what they want based on zero evidence.

Reactions: 3 users
Phone, pen, stethoscope. Never more.

Reactions: 3 users
AORN has over reached their authority as usual and banned us from bringing even easily cleaning bags in. Along with our scrub caps and previously OR approved jackets. It’s all a power trip to make doctors do what they want based on zero evidence.
We can bring stuff into the OR, but it has to be in a clear plastic bag they supply. It’s like the bags the patients get for clothes, but without logos, etc. Electronics are fine though. Most leave their bags in the locker and just bring the couple things they need.

These trolls have disappeared from my hospital since March (or at least aren’t speaking up). Everyone’s been left in peace to rock whatever hat they want, short sleeves, etc

Sad to see this isn’t the case everywhere

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still wear my zemuron fanny pack, despite the occasional eyeroll from colleagues. Contains a few extra pens, ministim, oversized goggles to fit over my glasses, pink and clear tape, but most importantly a few energy bars and packs of peanuts. Worth their weight in gold at 0200 during an all-night horrendousectomy.

Fanny pack, trauma shears in hip pocket, cell phone and steth is all.

• Haha
Phone, pen, stethoscope. Never more.
Whats a stethscope? some guys got these geussing tubes they use sometimes like a magic 8 ball. is that it?

Our scrubs have these things on the side called pockets that ive found very useful for putting stuff in like your phone and even your hands sometimes. I dont think theres anything else really. some of the guys had some weed at times but that got a bit awkward

A0FE5A67-BBFF-4E32-A9E1-51022710DD0C.jpeg

Still wear my zemuron fanny pack, despite the occasional eyeroll from colleagues. Contains a few extra pens, ministim, oversized goggles to fit over my glasses, pink and clear tape, but most importantly a few energy bars and packs of peanuts. Worth their weight in gold at 0200 during an all-night horrendousectomy.

Fanny pack, trauma shears in hip pocket, cell phone and steth is all.

• Sad
That you're gay.
Oh. Okay.

The post-IED blast bilateral traumatic AKA Navy SEAL, whose life I helped save while deployed overseas, had a different opinion. As did the quad amputee Ranger coming back for stump re-do. Among other hideously wounded heroes overseas.

But I digress from the OP’s question. Sorry.

Last edited:
Oh. Okay.

The post-IED blast bilateral traumatic AKA Navy SEAL, whose life I helped save while deployed overseas, had a different opinion. As did the quad amputee Ranger coming back for stump re-do. Among other hideously wounded heroes overseas.

Have you never seen the 40 year old Virgin?

Oh. Okay.

But you still wear a fanny pack so...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Oh. Okay.

Don't sweat it man, there's still people who never got over the pre-mid 2000s idea that calling someone a *** or gay as a light insult or joke is just absolutely fcking hilarious.

That being said I do think fanny packs look pretty lame, although I would only say that to you after you gave me a granola bar out of yours since I do not have food storage on my person lol

Don't sweat it man, there's still people who never got over the pre-mid 2000s idea that calling someone a *** or gay as a light insult or joke is just absolutely fcking hilarious.

That being said I do think fanny packs look pretty lame, although I would only say that to you after you gave me a granola bar out of yours since I do not have food storage on my person lol
Used to keep bars in the backpack, until (as others have alluded to) the AORN clipboard carrying police forbid their presence in the OR. They are notorious nosocomial vectors as AORN research 🙄 has proven. However let’s not worry about the ortho rep wearing his personal company scrub from home into the total joint room and getting within a gnat’s whisker of the sterile back table.

Reactions: 4 users
Oh. Okay.

Lighten up Francis. (Really going out on a limb here hoping you’ve seen Stripes)

And with utmost sincerity - Thank you for your service.

In the immortal words of Katy Perry:

You’re so gay,
and you don’t even like boys

Oh. Okay.

You should apologize for introducing the biggest "straw man" argument in history.

You're gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.