Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just saying something is better doesn't make it so.because it is. You don't think twitchy internet connections and lags impact oral exam performance and evaluation????
So if you failed via Zoom you wouldn't want a chance to do it in person???
Absolutely twitchy internet could impact oral exam performance and evaluation. Like I said earlier technical issues are a reasonable discussion point but they by themselves don't make in-person oral exams de facto better.
You're ignoring the negatives of in-person exams. I don't practice anesthesiology the way in-person exams are administered (likewise zoom exams). I practice anesthesiology after sleeping in my own bed, drinking my own coffee, eating my own breakfast if I want, and after kissing my family goodbye for the day. Plus I don't spend hundreds of dollars to drive or fly to work and hope my travel arrangements don't wreck the entire situation.
As to your repeat of the question that I avoided earlier, if I failed because of technical issues, then yes I would want a chance to do it in person. But if I failed an in-person exam because of delayed flights, a sleepless night, etc, then I would want a chance to do it over zoom.
Neither style of exam approximates the actual practice of anesthesiology in any way and I argue that the exam is nothing more than a wallet biopsy. We all implicitly agree to it when we decide on medical school, and then enter an Anesthesiology residency. It's not going away any time soon because it lines too many pockets and pays too many debts. Let's not continue trying to justify the means.