Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know it’s hard but take some time for yourself and go do something you enjoy. Or get something nice for yourself. You just took one of the toughest exams and made it through! As others have said you don’t have a grade yet and you may have very well passed. I took the exam last year and I thought I failed. I don’t think anyone I knew came out confident. After the exam I thought about every incorrect answer I gave. The number of times I said “I don’t know”. I was losing sleep and the wait for the grade was terrible. 4 weeks later I ended up passing. And trust me I was also extremely nervous on the exam. I had my attendings at my program telling me I should be taking a beta blocker but didn’t. Hang in there. And the worst case scenario you would have to take it again. It doesn’t mean you are a terrible physician. Sometimes our anxiety on exams get the best of us. The best thing is to practice as much as you can. But again don’t think about restudying yet until you know your results.Hi guys I just took my oral boards and it was horrible. I had a horrible flight in and the weather was not on my side. I wasn't feeling well as a result. I ended up not being able to sleep as a result and frankly a nervous wreck. It was a train wreck. I was shaking the whole time for both stems. I for some reason could not get my composure together. I got led into some traps and it was just awful even though I know the material well. I know I definitely failed. And the nerves continued into the OSCE component.
I haven't failed any standardized test so feeling really really bummed. I am of course going to wait for the official result. I feel so beat up in this field - studying over and over and over. After caring for patients relentlessly through even the worse of times like COVID ICUs and at this point in training, still trying to have to prove ourselves. And then this in light of the recent world affairs, I just am so exhausted and tired of it!
Does anybody have any tips to re-study and/or how to reschedule for sooner?